Server time (UTC): 2019-12-14, 19:48 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Notic3

Hospital Robbery Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Names of allies involved:

Why the verdict is not fair: 

I was under the impression that the detainee was being continually untruthful due to reports from my ally that there was continued activity in the vicinity of the Hospital (the location the detainee's group had remained as I led him away) which I explicitly explained that If one was to do so, lethal repercussions would be the result. To my best knowledge, the detainee's group had still been online in the Hospital after he had confessed that they'd "gone to sleep". A false statement via my partner may have been present, but unknowingly at the time, I had no reason to believe of possible mistrust. I acted fairly and truthfully according to my knowledge of the situation at hand, and if I had known that there had been no activity in the hospital, I would not have fired. I acted on false pretenses that, during the moment, seemed to be truthful. If he had lied about his group being "awake" then I had probable cause to believe that he'd been lying the entire time, which could have been lethal towards myself, leading to my past actions.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

As my companion and I arrived to southern Stary Sobor, we spotted multiple green and red chemlights glaring through the hospital windows. Unknown that there was currently 3 survivors holding refuge in the hospital, I made the decision to attempt to rob the hospital inhabitants. Following greeting the survivors, I had received the knowledge that there were 3 total survivors inside of the hospital with radiation poisoning, greatly in need of a Toxic Cure. Knowing this, I used the promise of a Toxic Cure as a bait to lure one of the survivors away from the group while my accomplice waited on the crest of the hill with a suppressed *SKS* (IDR). After reaching a plausible distance away from the group so that they couldn't hear his cries for help, I proceeded to initiate, restrain, and search the Doctor of pharmaceuticals. As we spoke, I gave him my terms;  If you lie, you're dead, if you stop walking, you're dead, if you rebel, you're dead, if you're friends come to help, you're dead. As we walked down the rainy rural path, my friend continually gave me updates on the situation at the Stary Sobor Hospital, reporting that he had seen "a chemlight flickered just now in the hospital" which led me to believe that his friends were on their way to find their doctor which he could've stopped by speaking back to them as his radio was online, so he could report about his group to me. I believe that his group was going to make an attempt on my life, so I shot him.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I only strive to display my reasoning and POV of the situation, and accept punishment for I acted drastically due to the 3:1 odds against me. (his group against me)

What could you have done better?: 

I could have and should have confirmed personally about the activity in Stary Sobor, and I should have held him hostage in the Lonely Lodge down the road instead of killing him. It was only after the killing, did I search the hospital for others and finding nothing after clearing the entire building, even the locked storage room where I had suspected they had hidden after the shot. At this moment, I knew, I messed up, and I sincerely apologize.

Post your POV in the report itself and your temp ban will be lifted.