Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 14:34 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 5 hours, 25 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Grayfox

RIP RAM

Yesterday i was playing in vybor in a holdup situation where many players are involved, i got the blue screen and my pc shut down and it wouldn't start again..

Turns out that the RAM died due to heavy load ( of dayz and the fact that there is many players around i guess) 

I had a 8gb ddr4 corsair 

Sorry that happened; I fail to see however how this thread fits in the 'troubleshooting' section, considering you already troubleshot your own issue ... 🤔

If your ram is fucked, buy new ram.

I recommend getting a minimum of 16gb.

As for memory optimization, literally nothing we can do about it.

First of all F. 

Second have you tried changing the position of the stick? 

Also I would recommend getting Dual Channel RAM, like get two 8GB sticks. 

I don't think DayZ is that RAM hungry, it's intensive on the CPU. 

5 hours ago, Pontiff said:

Sorry that happened; I fail to see however how this thread fits in the 'troubleshooting' section, considering you already troubleshot your own issue ... 🤔

Just so the 8gb ram users be aware of this.. My RAM is not old, maybe because i had discord and opera launcher running next to dayzrp.. Its quite a heavy load for the ram and yeah it has nothing to do with your server .. I knew its dead cauz when i borrowed another ram to try it, my pc worked.. 

ram don't just fail like that mite had bad set of ram chips or overclocking to much if change the voltage this will make this happen for sure

why i know this i for alot of 3d work and my ram all ways pinned at 90% i have 16gb basic ram never had ram fail on me like that in 10 years of doing my 3d stuff

Edited by killerkiwi

On 11/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, killerkiwi said:

ram don't just fail like that mite had bad set of ram chips or overclocking to much if change the voltage this will make this happen for sure

why i know this i for alot of 3d work and my ram all ways pinned at 90% i have 16gb basic ram never had ram fail on me like that in 10 years of doing my 3d stuff

Yeah well you can't judge stuff by your own experience.. it failed just like that and yeah you're right RAM are supposed to last much longer.. a friend of mine checked my setup and told me to try the RAM again in couple of dayz, today i tried and it's actually working now.. lol.