Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 01:43 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Mellstrom

S1 Griefing Severograd Ban appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The logs shown makes it seem like an excessive amount of walls was dismantled, every section of a wall showed in the logs as a seperate wall entity when infact only 4 walls where affected. Our group had hostile interactions with the OP of the report before which warranted our groups hostilities to them. We had IC reason to disrupt their operations and IC reasons for dismantling the hesco barriers/sandbags as well.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I myself never dismantled anything, all i did was break a single codelock, this is shown in the logs.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: The remaining ban time removed and my warning points removed.

What could you have done better?: Recorded the situation from my own POV, if i had done so i would never have received the ban in the first place since i am sure if the staff team would have had all the information regarding this raid from the start the bans would never have been carried out.

I am sorry if this ban appeal might have been written a bit late, to be honest this ban i received was taken by me a bit hard since this was the first time ever in this community i had been banned or received warning points since i joined back in late 2013. I felt pretty bad about the moderators decicion and took a break from this site to cool off, after further evidence was revealed of our group complying with the rules of the server i now finally felt like writing this appeal.

Hello @Mellstrom

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal as well as the original verdict and after much deliberation have reached the conclusion to accept it.

As you did not break down any walls or barricades, we have no grounds to warrant a punishment of griefing. The damage done to the base was proportionate to the IC reasoning. Even in situations where rulebreaks are committed, it is unjust in nearly all cases to pass a blanket punishment over the accused party. Due to this we will be revoking your ban and removing your warning points.

With the above stated, the following applies.

Appeal accepted. Ban and warning points removed.

Signed by @Conor & @Randy