S1 - KOS with possible Ruleplay

Server and location: S1, Green Mountain

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-11-09, 6:25

Your in game name: Miller Thompson

Names of allies involved: Jackals/Charity and @NorwayRP

Name of suspect/s: Don't know

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: Basically went into GM with some of my guys, lost connection and as I re logged I got domed. Around 20 minutes earlier some of us had an altercation with a guy with an orange armband after he initiated on me as I was climbing GM tower and shot toward me once. After a little back and forth it ended with me punching him once and walking out of GM. I logged but decided to get back on a little bit later and went back to GM. The gentleman who shot me was "kicked out" as reported by the charity and all was well till I lost connection, re logged, and got shot. I can't imagine anyone else would've shot me unless it was legit just a random guy that mis-IDed me.

Edited by Squillium

Hi, I was at Green Mountain as a new member and hours earlier we had a little altercation. @Squillium and his group of Jackals went into Green Mountain with heavy intent to provoke. After they were blasting extremely loud music over my radio broadcast and slinging insults, on orders, I was told that if they came up the radio tower they were to be shot. I fired one warning shot in their general direction after Miller attempted to climb the radio tower after being told to stop and that had escalated to threats from the Jackals of throwing toxic gas grenades, and Miller constantly following me in an attempt to bait me. After about ten minutes of him wandering about the radio tower (I was ordered to stand down and let him do what he wanted) trying to provoke me,  Squillium/Miller punched me and proceeded to hurl insults. I did nothing as I was told if I retaliated I would be kicked out of the group. This happened regardless as GM had feared my character would cause too much trouble and the Jackals would raid the place looking for him and thus kicked him from the group and left him in the rain, my ties being severed with that group despite me thinking I did everything right. ICly, my character had lost everything he worked so hard to achieve and the sacrifices that were made to get to green mountain, he tried to commit suicide with Ibuprofen pills and after a failed attempt he was out for blood. I fully believe I was justified in killing him as firstly I was attacked by @Squillium and they had effectively gotten my character kicked out of the group reacting to their hostilities and provocations, while (Arvo) had to grin and bear it and nothing about that would make my character not go after someone who has stripped them of their duties, their pride, and their sense of community. I hope you understand this isn't any OOC dislike of you, your character was actually really good at doing his job lol.

Hope that explains it, as a side note did not see you log in or out at the time when I returned to Green Mountain.

Edited by sanddoggo

12 minutes ago, sanddoggo said:

Hi, I was at Green Mountain as a new member and hours earlier we had a little altercation. @Squillium and his group of Jackals went into Green Mountain with heavy intent to provoke. After they were blasting extremely loud music over my radio broadcast and slinging insults, on orders, I was told that if they came up the radio tower they were to be shot. I fired one warning shot in their general direction after Miller attempted to climb the radio tower after being told to stop and that had escalated to threats from the Jackals of throwing toxic gas grenades, and Miller constantly following me in an attempt to bait me. After about ten minutes of him wandering about the radio tower (I was ordered to stand down and let him do what he wanted) trying to provoke me,  Squillium/Miller punched me and proceeded to hurl insults. I did nothing as I was told if I retaliated I would be kicked out of the group. This happened regardless as GM had feared my character would cause too much trouble and the Jackals would raid the place looking for him and thus kicked him from the group and left him in the rain, my ties being severed with that group despite me thinking I did everything right. ICly, my character had lost everything he worked so hard to achieve and the sacrifices that were made to get to green mountain, he tried to commit suicide with Ibuprofen pills and after a failed attempt he was out for blood. I fully believe I was justified in killing him as firstly I was attacked by @Squillium and they had effectively gotten my character kicked out of the group reacting to their hostilities and provocations, while (Arvo) had to grin and bear it and nothing about that would make my character not go after someone who has stripped them of their duties, their pride, and their sense of community. I hope you understand this isn't any OOC dislike of you, your character was actually really good at doing his job lol.

Hope that explains it, as a side note did not see you log in or out at the time when I returned to Green Mountain.

Man you seem dedicated to your character and I respect that. As far as baiting is concerned I only reacted to the stuff you started. Just don't shoot someone over a punch 20 minutes after it happened and we'll be solid in the future.

That being said this report can be closed, not a big deal in the long run.

The Gamemasters have reviewed this report and are happy to honour the OPs request to close it.

@sanddoggo please be aware that killing somebody just because you may have rights on them can be viewed as ruleplay depending on the situation. You should always prioritize roleplay above anything else. If you can further the roleplay in a situation you should. You could have taken Squilliums character hostage for what he did, or roleplayed with him without doing this however by shooting him dead, you destroy any possibility for roleplay to flourish.

With the above stated, this report will now be closed.

Closed by @Conor & @Fae