Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 17:57 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TODAY | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 2 hours, 2 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Remove long implementing / dismantling items (base parts, traps, etc) & replace with specific base raiding tools that are rare

Implement base raiding tools & fix dismantle times  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, so I’ve wondered why the server has decided to fix base raiding the way it has. We first implemented these long implementing / dismantle times to give base owners more perks for all the work they do. However I think the solution we used is kind of faulty. I assume the longer dismantling and implementing times are tied to traps, which take an insane amount of time to put down. It should not take 3-5 minutes to dismantle a bear trap. 

My solution is to implement specific tools that are for base raiding and make them extremely rare then we can put the base dismantling times back down to vanilla levels. This is what other servers do and I think it makes base raiding better + solves other issues. The tools that you can use to break into a base would be the sledgehammer, the hacksaw, and the regular blue handle saw. These items should be extremely rare (as rare as night vision perhaps), maybe a bit more common). This would make the tools more sought after and perhaps you could create a trading system around it as people would want to trade other rare items for the ability to break into a big base. In order for this to work you would have to remove the ability for axes or other items to dismantle base parts. 

Edited by ZeroRP

Those tools are used for actually building bases, I like the idea but I don't think many people could get behind having building tools so rare especially with how fast they can deteriorate.

I'd personally suggest unique items that bypass the long dismantling times.

Example: Normal tools take 10 minutes to get through a wall. While rare, powerful tools like chainsaws, bolt cutters, or blowtorches can destroy them in under a minute.

15 minutes ago, Finn said:

Those tools are used for actually building bases, I like the idea but I don't think many people could get behind having building tools so rare especially with how fast they can deteriorate.

I'd personally suggest unique items that bypass the long dismantling times.

Example: Normal tools take 10 minutes to get through a wall. While rare, powerful tools like chainsaws, bolt cutters, or blowtorches can destroy them in under a minute.

I thought only the hammer was used to build?  The only rare items would be the saws really. The sledgehammer as far as I am aware is used for dismantling. Part of the reason to make it this way is because as far as I can tell the entire system is interlinked so by making base parts take 5 minutes to dismantle you are forced to do the same thing with traps which is pretty unrealistic. 

Edited by ZeroRP

8 hours ago, ZeroRP said:

I thought only the hammer was used to build?  The only rare items would be the saws really. The sledgehammer as far as I am aware is used for dismantling. Part of the reason to make it this way is because as far as I can tell the entire system is interlinked so by making base parts take 5 minutes to dismantle you are forced to do the same thing with traps which is pretty unrealistic. 

Axes can cut down trees or destroy walls.

Hack saws can cut logs into planks or cut code locks

Hammers are used on walls to build them.

9 minutes ago, Finn said:

Axes can cut down trees or destroy walls.

Hack saws can cut logs into planks or cut code locks

Hammers are used on walls to build them.

Yeah but the point was to disable the ability for those items to be able to take down base parts, not the other stuff lol

Personally think we should get the base building plus where we’d need blueprints,resources and a workbench crafted to make the walls.

Concrete walls could be made by getting bag finding a fixed cement mixer and waiting 5 minutes once you’ve hooked a generator up and cable reel it’s noisy so attracts attention you then need to make the wall before placing it and it needs sheet metal/concrete brick to make a wall.

Further more the breach charges mod would be great as you’d have to find all the necessary materials to craft them and then place it which takes time it also has a timer which is noticeable by anyone within 50 metres of the charge.