Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 01:03 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Juice Hand

Juice Hand Griefing severograd s1 ban appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: There are numerous reasons why this verdict is not fair. If we are looking at my case in particular, I did not break a single wall or a single block. Though that shouldn't matter because really what base griefing is going into someones base and despawning their things for no reason whatsoever. We purposely went out of our way to make sure we did not let anything get despawned. On top of this, people don't get banned for being in close proximity to other bannable offenses. If a player is with another player who KOS's somebody, he doesn't get a guilty KOS verdict for being an accomplice. Same thing goes for badRP or anything else besides hacking. As far as the walls actually broke, we broke less then 25% of the walls that were claimed to have been broken. The staff overlooking the report say that we broke 14 walls down. If that was the case, then maybe the bans would be more reasonable. But it's not the case. We only broke the walls that were necessary for us to get into the base and for us to get the car out of the base. I was literally there RP'ing following orders. My orders were to stand there and guard, and that's what I did. I did not grief anybody or anything. As far as the hesco barriers go, they are a weird mixture of item and structure. I think that we were all under the impression that if you intend to use the items you take and you don't despawn them then it was fair game in a raid. We've also re purposed all the hesco barriers at our base and they have gone to good use. We can give screenshots of the barriers if you want to see how they've been re purposed, we added them to our barricade of hesco barriers back at our base. Offline base raiding is allowed, I didn't think that you needed any reason to take anything other than you need the things since resources are scare and we are in the apocalypse. It doesn't matter who the person is. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: If I had known that guarding my friends for 20 minutes would have gotten me banned for seven days I probably never would have done it. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to get my points and my ban removed. I don't think its justified.

What could you have done better?: As far as guarding goes, probably nothing. As far as the raiding goes, I probably should have stayed home.

Hello @Juice Hand

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal as well as the original verdict and after much deliberation have reached the conclusion to accept it.

As you did not break down any walls or barricades, we have no grounds to warrant a punishment of griefing. The damage done to the base was proportionate to the IC reasoning. Even in situations where rulebreaks are committed, it is unjust in nearly all cases to pass a blanket punishment over the accused party. Due to this we will be revoking your ban and removing your warning points.

With the above stated, the following applies.

Appeal accepted. Ban and warning points removed.

Signed by @Conor & @Randy