Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 01:43 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Condor

S1 Possible Griefing Severograd Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/100648-s1-griefing-in-severograd-2019-11-03-0300/

Why the verdict is not fair: I only destroyed 1 codelock and emptied a tent, I had no intentions of griefing their base. I feel that a 7 day ban for what I did is a little extensive. I barely did any damage to the base and I feel that the damage I did does not warrant a 7 day ban. Everything we destroyed was destroyed in order to take the cars out of the base, we only destroyed their 2 full walls at the front and dismantled the bottom part of two walls on the side in order to get in. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: In the report it is stated that we destroyed 14 walls, when in fact we only destroyed 4 walls. I have also now recieved the video of the raid.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I hope to have myself and most of my fellow group members unbanned because I feel that we did not grief the base in question. 

What could you have done better?: I should have recorded the situation in order to help show our side of the story so that this doesn't happen again.

Edited by Caleb Bauer
added video evidence

Hello @Caleb Bauer

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal as well as the original verdict and after much deliberation have reached the conclusion to accept it.

The logs show that you were involved in using hacksaws to destroy code locks and in your appeal you say you also emptied a tent - this is a standard activity during the raid of a base and as such, we have no grounds to warrant a punishment of griefing. The damage done to the base was proportionate to the IC reasoning. Even in situations where rulebreaks are committed, it is unjust in nearly all cases to pass a blanket punishment over the accused party. Due to this we will be revoking your ban and removing your warning points.

With the above stated, the following applies.

Appeal accepted. Ban and warning points removed.

Signed by @Conor & @Randy