Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 01:03 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Add an inland prison

Inland Prison  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, I'm Finn and I'm here to bring to you another terrible suggestion.

I've always liked the prison but honestly always thought the swim wasn't worth it, the prison is an underappreciated piece of architecture on the map that barely many eyes barely see due to it being off on the island. So I'm here to suggest adding an inland prison.

This prison shouldn't be an exact copy of the one on the island, it should be placed out in the middle of nowhere like the forests or the northern hills but it should make it way easier to get to since it's on land and should have it's own lore built alongside it. Ex: abandoned before the outbreak at the collapse of the soviet union, WW2 POW prison, Insane asylum (edgy choice), future Odezva prison?

I hope you share the same interests as I do and I hope it could bring more roleplay around prison RP or just allow us to appreciate the architecture of the prison.

Give it a vote and let me know what your opinion is down below.

Edited by Finn

I say yes. It sounds like a good idea to me. Not sure where a good location would be though. Not many empty areas that make sense. It would be cool to have a military like prison as the current island seems to be a civilian prison. Maybe an gulag or insane asylum? You could make it have lots of medical areas. I like the idea already. 

Edited by ZeroRP

As Zero said, an asylum would be a pretty good idea. That reminds me of back in the mod days where there was a "asylum" close to Lopatino (my memory's a little hazy, could be elsewhere), so I'd definitely see that being a good addition to the game. A prison itself not so much, as we already have a prison for the province and I'd feel larger inland prisons would already be located elsewhere in the country.

I'm all for making the unique and interesting buildings and POI's more accessible and prevalent in day to day roleplay. While I like the size of  the map it also leads to clustering in the same areas, removing a lot of interesting places to visit and making day to day travels somewhat stale. (Somewhat upset we've made a return to the triangle life but oh well) I think the prison would make a great addition on the Western side of the map or perhaps in the Black forest to add to the danger and mysterious nature of it? Just a thought.

16 minutes ago, SmashingWB said:

I'm all for making the unique and interesting buildings and POI's more accessible and prevalent in day to day roleplay. While I like the size of  the map it also leads to clustering in the same areas, removing a lot of interesting places to visit and making day to day travels somewhat stale. (Somewhat upset we've made a return to the triangle life but oh well) I think the prison would make a great addition on the Western side of the map or perhaps in the Black forest to add to the danger and mysterious nature of it? Just a thought.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting this to be placed anywhere were the normal population of the server is. I was mostly interested in the Northern mountains (black mountains) that we're shared with Russia as it could have a backstory intertwined with the soviet union (Gulag, POW camp, Military prison, Chedaki stronghold, etc.).

Since barely anyone ventures there my first choice would be the Woods to the northeast between Kamensk military base and smirnovo.

I'm probably going to dabble with a map editor to suggest a place for it.

Edited by Finn

I like the idea of underground structures after playing around in them on Deer Isle. Perhaps this could be incorporated into Chernarus with your idea somehow to give the map some more mystery and depth.

Edited by APositiveElmo

I really support this idea i think it would add a nice touch, and bring some nice rp plus the underground structures make it  mysterious

I think honestly adding it somewhere north east of the nap would be good because not slot of people go north east because there's pretty much no poi's over there all the military bases are northwest and north and thr only thing east is thr civilian airstrip and a small barracks on the hill so if I had to pick a spot it would be near svet

Definitely should be added. The map needs some sprucing up.

Just wait until the new map comes out and boom you have a inland prison

Edited by Samti-RP

8 minutes ago, Samti-RP said:

Just wait until the new map comes out and boom you have a inland prison

Hopefully the map remains popular for more than a month.

1 minute ago, Finn said:

Hopefully the map remains popular for more than a month.

Very true, I feel like it's going to be popular for a while BUT i feel sadly Chernarus will be the thing most people will stick too because it's familiar

Somewhere around Ratnoe / Polesovo would be nice, but yeah this indeed would be a great addition to the map

I always thought the prison should have been on the main land in the first place. I dunno why BI put it out to sea when the game has no boats

+1 from me, leave Prison Island alone and build another for RP and another potential base. It would make sense and possibly could be home for groups.

qP3fnXC.jpg

Screenshot of the prison I built that replaces the Tisy summer camp.