Server time (UTC): 2019-12-14, 11:47 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Add waterproof & warmth to certain clothing

Add waterproofing + warmth to certain clothing (list suggestions below)  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suggest that we add warmth + water proof protection for certain clothing items so as to protect you during a rain storm.

One item I propose that we add the same effects to the poncho item as ponchos are typically cloaks that were historically used to provide protection from the elements which included heavy rainfall. They also provided warmth. 

if you have any ideas post them below. 

Edited by ZeroRP

+1 to raincoats

-1 to ponchos, those are just tablecloths.

3 minutes ago, Finn said:

+1 to raincoats

But ponchos are warm and cozy. 👺

Edited by ZeroRP

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

+1 to raincoats

Ponchos look to be made out of plastic-like material though. Almost has if someone had just torn a hole in a tarp; I could see it having some waterproof properties.

I'll agree to the raincoat providing extra warmth, but waterproofing it completely feels like it would only be useful if you were to say, swim in a body of water. Raincoats (nor ponchos) would protect you from getting soaked and cold when you take a dip in a lake and/or the sea. The poncho in general should not add any significant protection against rain and/or water, as it is the cloth variant, not the water-resistant material akin to raincoats.

I'd +1 raincoats giving more warmth and protection during rainfall only, if that at all is possible to adjust separately.

2 minutes ago, Pontiff said:

Ponchos look to be made out of plastic-like material though. Almost has if someone had just torn a hole in a tarp; I could see it having some waterproof properties.

"A blanket with a slit in the middle so that it can be slipped over the head and worn as a sleeveless garment." - Taken from the mod page.

Edited by Kenyi

6 minutes ago, Kenyi said:

I'll agree to the raincoat providing extra warmth, but waterproofing it completely feels like it would only be useful if you were to say, swim in a body of water. Raincoats (nor ponchos) would protect you from getting soaked and cold when you take a dip in a lake and/or the sea. The poncho in general should not add any significant protection against rain and/or water, as it is the cloth variant, not the water-resistant material akin to raincoats.

I'd +1 raincoats giving more warmth and protection during rainfall only, if that at all is possible to adjust separately.

"A blanket with a slit in the middle so that it can be slipped over the head and worn as a sleeveless garment." - Taken from the mod-page.

I doubt it works like that in all honesty. I think people are really going to want some water proof clothing when Livonia launches. The new map is suppose to be hardcore survival apparently and it’s constantly raining. People already complain when it rains on chernarus due to the lack of water proof options, traveling is halted entirely when it rains and I know people get angry when they have to stop and make fires constantly.

Reason I added the poncho is because it looks like a cloak to me that’s been draped over the shoulders + it s always a good idea to have variety in equipment  

Edited by ZeroRP

20 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

I doubt it works like that in all honesty. I think people are really going to want some water proof clothing when Livonia launches. The new map is suppose to be hardcore survival apparently and it’s constantly raining. People already complain when it rains on chernarus due to the lack of water proof options, traveling is halted entirely when it rains and I know people get angry when they have to stop and make fires constantly.

Reason I added the poncho is because it looks like a cloak to me that’s been draped over the shoulders + it s always a good idea to have variety in equipment  

I'd personally want to hold out until Livonia hits, but I understand the concern when it comes to heavy rain. I'll agree that the option of water resistant clothing definitely could use expansion, but that would mean dedicating time and resources into modding it in ourselves, something that will definitely take time. Maybe once Livonia hits we can tweak the values for the clothing for that server to alleviate some of the problem until say, our wondrous modding team (if they'd want to) introduces clothing items such as rain pants or actual rain ponchos.

Right now, however, the only thing that I could see needing a little tweaking is the loss of temperature when wearing a raincoat in bad weather. If you'd want to add some protection from the poncho, I'd feel it should only last for a short while  (thick cloth/wool would protect you initially but would get drenched all the same once it's soaked up what it can). The major problem herein is that while the raincoat would be impervious to the elements, there's still about six or seven slots that do get soaked. It's nice and all to wear a raincoat in a rainstorm, but if you're wearing jeans and sneakers underneath you're still going to be soaked.

But for the sake of the gameplay I wouldn't mind seeing the loss of heat be less drastic while wearing specific items such as the raincoat/poncho. Don't make them waterproof, but decrease the rate at which you get cold so you don't die rapidly and have ample time to find shelter/warmth.

Edited by Kenyi

36 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

But ponchos are warm and cozy. 👺

They are also the go-to clothing item for edgy characters and should be renamed to "Hood" because obviously they aren't ponchos.

Usually when you are wet, the water in your clothing drains heat from your body, making you colder. No matter how cozy your clothing is, if it gets wet it will drain your body heat. But those hoods don't really wrap your body anyways, they just protect from the wind by the looks of things and are just for fashion most of the time.

+1 to this but it shouldn't just be the poncho and raincoat getting these benefits, I think all jackets should receive this treatment and so should some hats and pants as they provide protection from the elements and rain. Here's a little list for an idea of what I'm thinking I'll probably forget a few things but oh well.

Waterproof

• Raincoats
  • NBC clothing
  • Gorka? (water resistant at least)
  • Firefighter pants + Jacket

Water Resistant

• Puffy jackets
  • Ponchos
  • Hiking Jacket?

Warm

• Wool Coat
  • Paramedic/Firefighter coats
  • M65 Jacket
  • Leather Jacket
  • Hoodie
  • Hunting Jacket
  • BDU
  • Denim Jacket
  • Sweater

After a suggestion above I changed the poll and question. Also apparently Bohemia’s fixed raincoats for Livonia so now they are water proof. Thank god. 

Edited by ZeroRP

For the love of god please yes... with limited stamina it’s bad enough when it rains and slowly kills you?? Can’t say I’ve ever felt irl like I’m going to die after being in. The rain for 3 hours with a coat or even jeans becomes uncomfortable sure but clothing doesn’t register that currently so warmth rating would be awesome on clothing or removal of temperature drop when wet