Server time (UTC): 2019-12-14, 11:48 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

Initiations - Dynamic on Official

I have a question for staff re initiations between dynamic groups and official groups as I may want to use it soon and make sure when I kill someone ive done it within the rules.

If a dynamic group initiate on an official group does everyone in the dynamic group have to initiate separately on the official group? Eg if theres 10 of them, do we need to hear 10 initiations or can it be done as a group initiation under the umbrella of ‘recently roleplayed with’

I know if one person of the dynamic ititaes on the official then all members of the official automatically get defender rights on that person. But does that apply to all members of the dynamic.

Eg- Bob is in the dynamic group with Fred and 8 others. Bob initates on the official group while Fred is stood by the side of him. Fred then takes out his gun. Does the official  group gain rights on Fred?

Also, what if bob and Fred have Gerry hidden away in a tree line at distance. How does Gerry now fit into the whole rights thing?

EDIT following Rover reply 

Thanks Rover. That’s pretty much how I understood it bar one point –

If Fred (Dynamic) imitates on someone in the official group, I thought all members of the official group then gain defender rights against Fred ie that’s the perk of being official.

Edited by andysuter

Just now, andysuter said:

If a dynamic group initiate on an official group does everyone in the dynamic group have to initiate separately on the official group? Eg if theres 10 of them, do we need to hear 10 initiations or can it be done as a group initiation under the umbrella of ‘recently roleplayed with’

They must all participate in the initiation. 'recently roleplayed with' ONLY applies to Defender Rights. Attackers in dynamic groups share nothing. Quoted rules section below.

If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

I know if one person of the dynamic ititaes on the official then all members of the official automatically get defender rights on that person. But does that apply to all members of the dynamic.

That is not how that works. If one person initiates, everyone he initiated on gets Defender Rights towards him, as well as anyone those people have recently roleplayed with.

If the initiator had friends in the area that did not actively participate in the initiation, there are no defenders rights on them. But at the same token, those friends do not have attacker rights and therefor can not defend their friend if his targets go non-compliant.

Eg- Bob is in the dynamic group with Fred and 8 others. Bob initates on the official group while Fred is stood by the side of him. Fred then takes out his gun. Does the official  group gain rights on Fred?

Also, what if bob and Fred have Gerry hidden away in a tree line at distance. How does Gerry now fit into the whole rights thing?

Only if Fred aims during the initiation and otherwise initiates himself or makes it abundantly clear he is with Bob.

Gerry can't do anything for his friends except watch, since he was hidden and did not initiate.

12 minutes ago, andysuter said:

EDIT following Rover reply 

Thanks Rover. That’s pretty much how I understood it bar one point –

If Fred (Dynamic) imitates on someone in the official group, I thought all members of the official group then gain defender rights against Fred ie that’s the perk of being official.

This is correct. Official groups share both attacker and defender rights amidst themselves.

The idea behind all of this is that random people (what you call "dynamic groups") are not allowed to attack other players in an organized fashion, they act as individuals when attacking/initiating, not as a group. Regardless if they role played recently with each other or their IC relationship.

Once you understand this concept, it should be easier to understand what the rules are trying to enforce.

Sign in to follow this