Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 14:32 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 5 hours, 27 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
KennethRP

Poll to remove Prison Island

Remove Prison Island  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say the real solution is to add the ability to call in close air support so if you get pinned down while swimming there you can blow them to smithereens. or mortars. yeah mortars 

While I'd never go to Prison Island myself, I don't see any reason to remove it.

I understand your concern for it splitting the community (though there's been plenty of people on Prison Island before and it has yet to split anything) and undoubtably there'll be a sparse individual here and there that would the island to avoid some people and their RP. But "Because it's hard to attack" doesn't really sit right with me for a argument, I've seen clips and videos where a massive force was capable of showing up on the doorstep of the prison. I'm confident that with persistence and effort (both being in ample supply on DayZRP) people will be able to overcome the natural disadvantage that comes with assaulting a defensible position.

All in all, I'd be very surprised to see it removed or made near uninhabitable through the toxic mod or the like. It's fine as it currently is.

Remove it why cause its the 1 base you cant raid? Why would you remove any part of the map. If anything build a bridge? or if its to cold just don't swim?

Edited by lunathecat

People go there to avoid RP, but it's close to players spawn and only has one way in. I don't see how this makes any sense. People who want to avoid RP trek North and into the wilderness, not close to the coast in a place easy to reach.

yeah, I think adding more rocks so the swim is considerably easier would be better. But worse comes to worse add a bridge. 

There is basically a bridge there already via the shipping containers. You just have to be smart and take it slow.

Its a prison, its not SUPPOSED to be easy to get to and from... so no, it doesn't need a bridge.

This thread is weird. I have enjoyed some great RP there! XD!

Calling @Lemons so that he sees the mess that he started by not allowing people to raid his base.

... wait, @KennethRP you told me IC that you used to be a prisoner there... and that the guards were nice to you... what happened afterwards? Hopefully it was not such a traumatizing experience? 😉

Edited by William89

-Changed my mind-

Edited by Finn

there seems to be some confusion with how cold the water is. if you go there during the day and wring out your clothes when you are done with the swim you will be just fine

Nah. I'm not really speaking on a personal level due to my history and the island but "nuking" a part of the map because people aren't good enough to PvP there or try to actually RolePlay some diplomacy out is just pathetic, IMO.

I haven't been there in a while so I don't ICly or OOCly know of the groups of people(s) who inhabit there, but nothing is permanent. If it is a hostile-ish group or a neutral group of people squatting on an island for protection against us monsters on the mainland then it would make logical IC sense in an apocalypse to be isolationists. Try diplomacy via radio, or send tributes/gifts over until you can talk to someone. If that doesn't work and you want to do what any other nation has in history when they want something from someone: take it. Get good PvPers and take it over, or use logistics to your advantage. Maybe try inside manning if you can get ashore, or use tactics to take it over?

In Dark Souls speak: git gud.

tl;dr: Work on diplomacy or your tactics.

Edited by Hollows

Yeah, I'd have to agree with some of these people. Just cause it isn't the easiest to attack doesn't mean it should be nuked. Don't suck, or don't attack the people living there. There is fireplaces and heatpacks, suck it up buttercup, you won't die to the cold if you plan your movements and actions correctly.

Plus, I'm sure many people have used Storozh island (actual name of Prison Island) in their backstories, as I have before. One of my characters was a guard on the island. Also have had some memorable interactions there as recent character.

This is a no for me. Sorry 🤷‍♂️

Remove that shit and add a big ass prison into Old Fields. I like the idea of a prison but one that far out of the way is a boner kill.

This one is gonna be a hard no from me.  People don't go there to avoid RP, they go their to roleplay, even if it is internally.  If people wanted to avoid RP, they'd go somewhere far out of the way and hidden, not the giant castle floating in full view of the shore.

I see no reason to remove a large part of the map that people are enjoying, even if it is hard to raid.  Which, to be fair, it's a prison.. on an island... probably shouldn't be easy to.

No from me. I'd say if anything make it more worth the trip. Maybe make prison island more interesting like the deer isle one.

It's a NO from me. Too many great memories and RP there. I hope the people using it now continue adding to the story that old prison has written on her walls. 

There is so much RP potential there and I've seen people use it in the manner it's meant to be used and evolved it something greater. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

No from me as well I don’t believe it’s AOGM either because the people living there are smart. They built it up and RP there everyone has their own version of RP, so if anything just build a bridge, but don’t take any of the map away. 

I and some others hide in forests to avoid hostile RP...

Maybe we should remove forests. 

smh

I do not think removing anything will improve RP.

Edited by Shanoby

Remove the prison Island? What's wrong with you? Removing the island wont do anything. And yes, you have to swim. Yes, you get cold. Get over it lol

The people who live on the island have to swim back and forth as well. They don't just sit on the island twiddling their thumbs. RP is also very good over there. I actually like the bridge mod for the island just because I think it looks cool but I don't think it needs to get nuked or anything. 

Edited by Keeeru

how about a poll to add a bridge to prison island