Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 12:34 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Mugin

Implement @Staff / @Dev / @[Group Name]

Implement @Staff / @Dev / @[Group Name]  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am lazy and think it'd behoove progress and response time on the forums to be able to @ specific staff@Admin, @Dev, @Support, etc. I've been told numerous times things like this are doable, so unless that's changed, what's everyone's opinion on that?

I'd like to see this implemented for groups, so you're not spamming the "Whose RP you enjoyed today" or if you need to put up a 2.3 report. It'll just save some time all around. @Vultures, @Anarchy, @Redwood Radio, etc.

Edited by Mugin

Please, god, no.

You're better off just tagging staff you need and the group members or just the leader. 
-1 for my sanity please.

Think it’s a great idea, good to get staff members attention so they are all notified and the group thing is great to. 

why not @gamemasters and such aswell? 

2 minutes ago, noir said:

Think it’s a great idea, good to get staff members attention so they are all notified and the group thing is great to. 

why not @gamemasters and such aswell? 

34 minutes ago, Mugin said:

@Admin, @Dev, @Support, etc

Like I said I am lazy, but the sentiment is appreciated.

I'm alright with if you want to @Groups and such. But for staff, I'm on the fence about it. We have threads where you can Ask the Staff, and there is Troubleshooting and Questions. You can also reach us via Discord with a DM or "@" us there too. I don't think it would hurt to try it out. See how it goes. But that's my opinion on the matter.

1 minute ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I'm alright with if you want to @Groups and such. But for staff, I'm on the fence about it. We have threads where you can Ask the Staff, and there is Troubleshooting and Questions. You can also reach us via Discord with a DM or "@" us there too. I don't think it would hurt to try it out. See how it goes. But that's my opinion on the matter.

Not if you're banned. 😉

I can see the argument for groups, especially for threads like Whose RP did you enjoy today, but I still wouldn't want this feature added on the forums, especially for staff.  For groups, the roster of approved groups changes so much that, unless Roland could find a way to automatically update the list, he'd be manually changing group pings weekly.  But I'll address staff as I have more experience there than as a group leader.

Now, this isn't me being a grumpy staff man that doesn't want to be notified on the forums.  If you want to do that, just ping me directly.  Most, if not all, staff members already have notifications turned on for their respective forum sections (Supports with Questions/Troubleshooting, Game Masters with reports, etc.), so I feel the extra ping wouldn't accomplish much more than directly tagging the staff member, DMing them either on Discord or the Forums, or pinging them on Discord would.

Last argument against this on the forums is providing an even director line of communication to higher ranked staff is how you get people @ing the admin team to help them fix a mod load order problem just because they don't know any better.

I think it is fine as it is. I get your point but whitenames &others will add @staff for literally every single little shit and that conflicts with question threads/ask staff/troubleshoot & reports... maybe even with reported posts - if someone quotes and says @staff look at this. 

Also I think with the option of tagging an individual, dm-ing someone on the forums or on discord, the helpdesk & all the threads on the forum, there is enough options of communication.

I am cool with the @Group thing, if it can be made to work, but staff... Nope. 

The thing is, if people want to get in touch with Staff Members, https://www.dayzrp.com/staff/ this page offers enough, although it could use some descriptions on the various roles for people to understand and know who to contact first.

Then we also have discord (mainly targeted at new members) for a quick chat and possible problem solving or other questions Staff could answer.

I am on board for using it for group but not for staff. We have multiple thread you can ask for help like Ask the Staff, and there is Troubleshooting and Questions and most of us already have notifications set for these threads. And discord where you can get us by DM or @.