Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 01:44 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
KeyConjurer

Bleed mechanics suck

What happen to the bleed mechanic. Now you bleed out with cut in like 10 seconds. I think that is ridiculous. How about if you have 2 cuts. Come on this crazy. From extreme to the next. 1 cut should cause you to bleed that damn fast. I ain't playing this stupid game anymore. Bohemia cant anything right on damn game. Screwed the whole game. Stop putting money in your pockets and fix the game. That's what we bought it for. Now the shit changed for worse not to be better. 

You can bleed from sliding ladders without gloves or just getting ganged up by zombies for as much as I know... Also yeah, wolves 😄 

My experience that it's not as bad and it's manageable, you just need look out for the icons when you are bleeding. I remember I went for some time without noticing I was bleeding.

I was once shot by a shotgun and had 5 cuts, I was at full blood. I got knocked out for about 15 seconds, woke up, and by the time I finished bandaging, I was on flashing red blood. It's way rougher then what it used to be, but still somewhat okay to deal with. 

But yeah, I get where you coming from my man. Imma still play the game tho, but not because of the shitty bleeding mechanics, mostly because of the friends that play here and otherwise for the people I encounter. Even tho the bleeding mechanics are actually wild, the server is still pretty good. I try to focus on the positive, but sometimes the negative just pop up all at once and I really gotta just say ''ol up'' to the whole game. 

Anyway, hopefully you can still have fun on the server, even if some mechanics of the core game are trashy. 

5 hours ago, KeyConjurer said:

What happen to the bleed mechanic. Now you bleed out with cut in like 10 seconds. I think that is ridiculous. How about if you have 2 cuts. Come on this crazy. From extreme to the next. 1 cut should cause you to bleed that damn fast. I ain't playing this stupid game anymore. Bohemia cant anything right on damn game. Screwed the whole game. Stop putting money in your pockets and fix the game. That's what we bought it for. Now the shit changed for worse not to be better. 

I understand your frustration and hope you'll be able to find enjoyment in other games if you're unable to see through the lesser parts of the core game mechanics. If you feel that the game needs improvement, might I suggest putting your thoughts on the Bohemia forums (Handy link here)? Who knows, maybe your grievances will be taken into consideration by those that have influence over the development of the core game.

I understand your frustration many of us got there because of some mechanics.  Yet i dont think its something that cant be handled. Just bit more cautions aproache and enough of stuff to fix bleeding and you will be ok 🙂 plus i play because of people, community and story! It beats the cons DayZ haves.

Yea I get this, I died multiple times because I was in the middle of fighting zombies when bleeding. I guess it just puts those thoughts of "Will I die if I do this?" to another level. At the end of the day DayZ is still a broken game tho, but it's our broken game. 😅

11 hours ago, Alan Woods said:

You can bleed from sliding ladders without gloves or just getting ganged up by zombies for as much as I know... Also yeah, wolves 😄 

My experience that it's not as bad and it's manageable, you just need look out for the icons when you are bleeding. I remember I went for some time without noticing I was bleeding.

Just was about to say that in pvp i dont mind this mechanic.

But for littlestuff like you mentioned its  not a good thing to have

15 hours ago, KeyConjurer said:

I can't help but agree with this mans wise words and segmented complaints.

@Devs can we actually fix this though? More than half the time it makes no sense to bleed out in 20-30 seconds. I also am unsure if it was DayZ devs fault, or your doing.

Unless I am riddled with bullet holes from a firefight a gash I get on my hand, from sliding down a ladder, isn't going to kill me from blood loss.

I agree, the bleeding mechanics are whack. Gun shot wounds don't always make you bleed even though they're literally holes in your body, and when they do cause bleeding it's somehow the same as getting slashed by a zombie? Doesn't make much sense either way you look at it. Ideally there would be stages of cuts, IE a scratch, a gash, and something on the level of a gunshot wound (perhaps even to an extreme extent a cut artery, tourniquets where you at?) to make things more realistic but as this is at the end of the day just a game, their decision makes sense to simplify it. I say try and look at the good sides of the community and overlook some shotty game mechanics. There's still fun to be had if you can get over the bugs and poor development decisions. 

TLDR: It's just a game and while the mechanics aren't perfect there's still fun to be had if you're willing. If it bothers you this bad, perhaps put up a suggestion to lessen the blood loss of cuts? Not sure if it's possible but would be something to look into.

Love it when bohemia hatemail is sent to dayzrp

I rate this post 30 out of 30 new whitelists.

Bleeding mechanisms is something to be desired lol just watch for icons or anything red dripping from you when it shouldn't yo be fair it could be worse and it is manageable as long as you recognise the signs and when you get cut quickly bandage I've not actually had a problem with it yet

@KeyConjurer Hey dude so if your bleeding in Fire fight and you wake up “SALINE BAG/BLOODBAG O-(universal blood) is best to take before bandaging this is because it can act as a combat atom and slow bleeding/ help regen once you’ve healed to 2 bleeds or less saved me on pvp servers enough times 

I’m not even gonna read through all the comments. This is a SURVIVAL game. It’s suppose to be HARD. Compared to other games DayZ doesn’t even scratch the surface as being “difficult or challenging”. If it’s too hard for you then start utilizing the medical system. Use blood bags and saline. Yeah getting cut drains your health but I think your over exaggerating quite a bit. 

I've never been in this situation and I take on plenty of zombies all at once. The only time I'd bleed out like that if is I stand still. The bleed mechanics is managable and if you quit this far ahead then rip. DayZ will never be a game without bugs or shit like that, you bought DayZ you should have known this. The game was in Alpha for 5 goddamn years or so.