Server time (UTC): 2019-12-12, 12:24 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Sabess

"Your Latency is Too High"

Hey!

I get a really weird problem when I try to join the server. 9/10 times, I'll get denied for having 1000-2000 ping. Thing is, when pinging google or checking anything else in general, I have a completely stable and normal connection. Even the server browser says I only have 300 (as an Australian). Further from that, when I eventually do get in, my ping is a stable 300ish and I never even get kicked. So, I'm being denied connection for having 2000 ping, but I... don't have 2000 ping. It's really weird. Any advice would be appreciated!

You might have had some lag spikes that got you up to 2000 for like 2-3 seconds, that might be the problem.

Just now, Alan Woods said:

You might have had some lag spikes that got you up to 2000 for like 2-3 seconds, that might be the problem.

Nope! In CMD I'm constantly pinging google, which would show a spike. Doesn't seem to be anything like that.

Try lowering graphics and distance rendering. Our servers are based in Canada 🇨🇦. But soon they will be moved to New York. 

Didn't help, unfortunately. It's probably worth mentioning I don't experience this problem on any other DayZ server, too.

Do you use WiFi in internet cable? 

Its nothing to do with Graphics or distance rendering as @Crimson_Tiger asks.

Latency is the ping of your internet. In my instance if someone is watching Netflix while I am trying to queue for the server, I will get kicked for Latency, other than that its fine for me.

Ensure nothing else is downloading while your trying to play and check your internet ping by an online speed test.

Cab be a PAIN IN THE ASS when waiting a 30 person queue then getting kicked before you join, the latency limit should really raise a bit due to the large queues to allow someones internet to spike and not be kicked back to square one.

40 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

Its nothing to do with Graphics or distance rendering as @Crimson_Tiger asks.

Latency is the ping of your internet. In my instance if someone is watching Netflix while I am trying to queue for the server, I will get kicked for Latency, other than that its fine for me.

Ensure nothing else is downloading while your trying to play and check your internet ping by an online speed test.

Cab be a PAIN IN THE ASS when waiting a 30 person queue then getting kicked before you join, the latency limit should really raise a bit due to the large queues to allow someones internet to spike and not be kicked back to square one.

I thought maybe the graphics thing could help because it always freezes before it connects, so maybe that was doing some wild shit, but yeah. As I suspected, it didn't help, unfortunately. The weird thing is, though, according to speed tests, CMD testing, and every sort of ping monitoring thing I've tried, my latency isn't actually high. It definitely isn't actually 2000, like the kick message claims. Though I'll continue checking, there doesn't seem to be anything else taking up any significant bandwidth or anything, either. It's almost like the server falsely thinks I'm lagging when I'm not? It's really bizarre.