Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 20:22 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
phulekiller

Rules question

I like the community so I want to make sure I do not mess the rules up.  So I just wandered into a base, I was afraid for my safety so I drew my gun, told the guy I don't want to fight I am just passing through, I was then killed by someone behind me I guess.  First do I make a new character? And am I allowed to go back and fight?

Thank you 

You don't need to make a new character because your character didn't get a perma death, and you're not allowed to go back to the place or situation you died for an hour after it and cannot go back to fight

OK thanks, and would it of been against the rules if I just shot the person I saw, without talking?  From my characters point of view, who is a Merc, I saw a person next to a truck, that truck would of been a big payday.  

You cannot shoot on site no matter what your characters backstory is, I highly recommend going back and reading the rules and make sure you have a good grasp of them

You might want to talk to an admin aswell as it sounds like your were KOS, and reporting it might be necessary. If whoever killed you did not properly initiate on you that is.

someone can correct me if im wrong but simply being in someones base is not an act of hostility and would still require you to be initiated on.

I grasp the rules I am just asking questions on grey areas.  

What happened was I walked into a hunter camp site, and I saw a guy next to a truck and he was fully kitted, I did not want to die so I got the drop on him, pulled my gun made him put his hands up, I said I am not here to fight I am just passing through, I was then killed from behind.  

Like PizzaDoggyDog said, I'd highly advise you to go back and read through the rules about Defender & Attacker rights, reading that should put your mind at ease regarding the questions you have.

Having a good grasp of those rules not only ensures that you will have a good time on DayZRP, but also the people you will encounter.

Have fun, dude!

Edit: I'd also recommend reading the brief section about the New Life Rule (NLR), that way you'll know how "coming back from the dead" works.

Edited by hideinahole

4 hours ago, phulekiller said:

I grasp the rules I am just asking questions on grey areas.  

What happened was I walked into a hunter camp site, and I saw a guy next to a truck and he was fully kitted, I did not want to die so I got the drop on him, pulled my gun made him put his hands up, I said I am not here to fight I am just passing through, I was then killed from behind.  

This counts as initiating on someone.

Regardless of what your character claims, the act of pointing a gun at someone combined with telling them to put their hands up counts as a initiation (as per Rule 4.1). This means that he (and if he's in a official group, his friends) get defender rights on you and are allowed to kill you on sight. To avoid getting shot (especially in the circumstance you described above), don't make yourself seem hostile or aggressive. You could've kept your gun lowered or on your back, or proclaimed loudly that you were just passing through as opposed to raising your gun and telling him to put his hands up. There were no rulebreaks in this case.

The fact you were killed does not force you to make a new character in this community. Your last question is where the rules do get a little grey at times as to how much a character remembers after being killed (according to the rules, your character should forget the events that lead up to his/her death, but this rule feels barely enforced and often skirted in favor of generating conflict/RP), but you are under no circumstance allowed to go back after you were killed for a duration of at least 1 hour. You are also not allowed to go back there after the 1 hour and shoot them on sight, I suggest reading rule 3.4 again on this.

Hopefully that combined with the answers by the others helps you understand better.