Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 12:25 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Ruan

What do you enjoy seeing in Dayzrp? what makes you come back?

In contrast to the post made more then a month ago, i wanted to see what makes people come back to the server.

whether that is in game or not, what are some of the experiences that you hold in your mind when you think about this server?

Edited by Ruan

That feeling and unease, when your hands shake while you get surrounded by men armed with big guns and even bigger grins. 

The feeling of unity, when you ARE those men, unified and uniformed, knowing you are the cream of the crop, ready to kill.

The sense of a second home when you stumble across some survivors, just hanging out around a campfire, while it rains outside. Forced together by the flame, stayed together by friendship.

The feeling of being small. There are huge wars, conflicts, events going on you may never know about unless you were stuck right in the thick of it. 

The distant crack of a gunshot, and wondering if the next shot will be for you.

Just a few things that always get me coming back.

The scenery and zombies and guns. I love all three of them. Oddly enough, helping people in HD. I enjoy talking to people and trying to solve thier problems. Even if I cant, I like providing that customer service. 

So I can kill people

Nothing

So I can play the game and role play with my friends.

jaysh allah brought me back

there isnt much i enjoy ig anymore 

The boys.

The happiness people have when they see my character again.

Rolle's positive father figure influence on me and the structure it provided following my turbulent childhood. 

Also the game is pretty on occasion. Watching people cry about losing gear is fun too.

I think @TryaxReck nailed it. The amount of time we spend gathering what we deem precious, coupled with the looming presence of danger, makes for a heart-thumping experience, especially when shit hits the fan and bullets come flying your way. To go from that, to intense and very engaging RP around a fire or in the middle of the woods is quite something and very unique to DayzRP. The player-base is very well established and the true legends out there are shrouded in acclaim or mystery. I see DayZRP, quite frankly, as a perfect microcosm for society as a whole. Now before you deem some ranting philosopher; I would be quick to point out that many of the engagements, both hostile or peaceful, very much put human tendencies on full display. When we have power, or when we're lacking it. Now, it's just a game, but, I've learned an immense amount about the human condition and people's perceptions of it just from my time in Chernarus. Maybe I'm looking a little too deep, but some of the encounters I've had are probably closer to fact than fiction. 

Peace and blessings. Love y'all!

@GMAK muting in discord and forcing internal roleplay on people.

I enjoy seeing people who break rules get banned. It just brings a joy that is hard to replicate. Knowing the staff team do what they do best is what makes me wanna keep playing.

Nostalgia for 2K13...

The people around me....the adrenaline meeting new characters in game and having fun  on forum and on discord. New story! 

Like Paul said. The people around me. The Roleplay and the good friendships that are made ic and ooc.