Server time (UTC): 2019-12-14, 11:46 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Rederaz

Deer Isle: Power Gaming - 11/2/2019 ~4:30

Server and location: Deer Isle, iZurivive coordinates: 7208 / 5888

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 4:30 (UTC)

Your in game name: Aaron Sumner

Names of allies involved: Eric Mason, Georgia Banks, & Chad Vain

Name of suspect/s: Unknown, collectively known as Los Banditos and all individually identified as Dirty Mike

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://plays.tv/s/MQtrInVXdCaN *Note: the recording skips past the beginnings of the firefight and instead begins shortly after I have been detained. Any prior events are unfortunately unavailable.

Detailed description of the events: At approximately 4:30 (UTC) server time, four players, known collectively as Los Banditos and individually each as Dirty Mike, were caught in a firefight with my character, Aaron Sumner, and my three teammates, Eric Mason, Georgia Banks, and Chad Vain. Initiation and combat was played out correctly, no fault there. This report is concerned with the following actions placed upon my character, Aaron Sumner.

As seen in the PlaysTV video linked below, my character is force fed raw human fat that was retrieved from one of my teammates' corpses. Issue is, the player feeding mine did not ask for my consent to do such an action. This is in violation of rule 3.7, in which no player is, "...to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text." Otherwise known as power gaming.

Edited by Rederaz
template fix

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

02:42:19 | Player "Georgia Banks" (DEAD) killed by Player "Alec Douglas" with FN-FAL from 6.42582 meters
02:42:24 | Player "Eric Mason" (DEAD) killed by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 12.7649 meters
02:43:06 | Player "Chad Vain" (DEAD) killed by Player "Alec Douglas" with FN-FAL from 15.9364 meters

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

02:42:19 | Player "Georgia Banks" hit by Player "Alec Douglas" with FN-FAL from 6.42582 meters
02:42:19 | Player "Georgia Banks" hit by Player "Alec Douglas" with FN-FAL from 6.42582 meters
02:42:23 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 12.7594 meters
02:42:23 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 12.6368 meters
02:42:23 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 12.6368 meters
02:42:23 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 12.6458 meters
02:42:24 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 12.7649 meters
02:42:24 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 13.1648 meters
02:42:24 | Player "Eric Mason" hit by Player "Ryan Beck" with M4A1 from 13.1648 meters
02:42:39 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" hit by Player "Maxwell Simmons" with CSGasGrenade into Block(0) for 0 damage
02:42:41 | Player "Ryan Beck" hit by ZmbM_priestPopSkinny
02:42:45 | Player "Ryan Beck" hit by ZmbM_priestPopSkinny
02:44:52 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" hit by ZmbM_priestPopSkinny

Chat Logs:

Spoiler

02:49:36 | Chat("Aaron Sumner"): *vomits*
02:51:04 | Chat("Aaron Sumner"): *vomits again*
02:52:56 | Chat("Ryan Beck"): //Flips coin
02:54:44 | Chat("Aaron Sumner"): *faint sobbing*
02:54:57 | Chat("Ryan Beck"): *Distance laughs

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

23:04:05 | Player "Aaron Sumner" is connected
23:07:03 | Player "Chad Vain" is connected
01:32:43 | Player "Alec Douglas" is connected
01:32:45 | Player "Georgia Banks" is connected
01:37:29 | Player "Ryan Beck" is connected
01:38:07 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" is connected
02:27:49 | Player "Eric Mason" is connected
02:42:27 | Player "Eric Mason" has been disconnected --DEAD--
02:44:14 | Player "Georgia Banks" has been disconnected --DEAD--
02:47:17 | Player "Chad Vain" has been disconnected --DEAD--

03:05:56 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" has been disconnected
==Server down for restart==
03:06:51 | Player "Aaron Sumner" has been disconnected
03:06:51 | Player "Alec Douglas" has been disconnected
03:06:51 | Player "Ryan Beck" has been disconnected

==Server up after restart==
-Maxwell Simmons does not reconnect-
03:08:52 | Player "Ryan Beck" is connected
03:09:00 | Player "Aaron Sumner" is connected
03:10:17 | Player "Alec Douglas" is connected
03:12:20 | Player "Ryan Beck" has been disconnected
03:19:14 | Player "Alec Douglas" has been disconnected
07:09:49 | Player "Aaron Sumner" has been disconnected

Position Logs:

Spoiler

02:38:03 | Player "Aaron Sumner" (pos=<7153.0, 5880.3, 57.8>)
02:38:03 | Player "Eric Mason" (pos=<7132.9, 5868.3, 50.3>)
02:38:03 | Player "Chad Vain" (pos=<7145.4, 5874.1, 55.1>)
02:38:03 | Player "Georgia Banks" (pos=<7155.5, 5878.9, 58.0>)
02:38:03 | Player "Alec Douglas" (pos=<7057.5, 5853.0, 35.8>)
02:38:03 | Player "Ryan Beck" (pos=<7044.2, 5841.5, 34.0>)
02:38:03 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" (pos=<7050.3, 5856.1, 35.6>)

02:43:03 | Player "Aaron Sumner" (pos=<7213.0, 5904.6, 60.5>)
02:43:03 | Player "Chad Vain" (pos=<7223.3, 5880.6, 60.7>)
02:43:03 | Player "Alec Douglas" (pos=<7217.6, 5890.0, 60.7>)
02:43:03 | Player "Ryan Beck" (pos=<7224.7, 5902.1, 60.2>)
02:43:03 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" (pos=<7195.9, 5891.2, 60.7>)

02:48:03 | Player "Aaron Sumner" (pos=<7218.6, 5881.4, 60.7>)
02:48:03 | Player "Alec Douglas" (pos=<7217.8, 5881.7, 60.7>)
02:48:03 | Player "Ryan Beck" (pos=<7216.4, 5883.5, 60.7>)
02:48:03 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" (pos=<7211.4, 5892.5, 60.7>)

02:53:02 | Player "Aaron Sumner" (pos=<7222.0, 5882.4, 60.7>)
02:53:02 | Player "Alec Douglas" (pos=<7222.0, 5883.5, 60.7>)
02:53:02 | Player "Ryan Beck" (pos=<7217.2, 5878.3, 60.7>)
02:53:02 | Player "Maxwell Simmons" (pos=<7220.6, 5882.3, 60.7>)

Calling in the following people for their point of view as well as any un-edited video evidence they may have.

@Rederaz - Aaron Sumner - OP

@SunkenBiscuits - Alec Douglas - POSTED

@Ryan Beck - Ryan Beck - POSTED

@Grifff - Maxwell Simmons - POSTED

@Rederaz Hey bud, yeah so up to this point it was a real clean raid. We asked the group to put away weapons, a weapon was pulled out. I began to fire, then other members of the group opened up their rifles as well, subjecting them to be shot as well. After 3 of them were dead, we proceeded to RP with Dr. Red (A.k.a you) Initially I grabbed human meat, then realized that there are negative effects of feeding someone human meat, let alone raw human meat, so i put it away and grabbed fat, knowing that there's no sickness or 'kuru' that can be caused by raw fat. I don't have much to say, the way I read the rules it doesnt seem to apply to hostile situations, as i know hostages are suppose to do any action requested of them while in bondage, except RapeRP which is aborrent. Otherwise i'm not sure if the rule in question applies to a hostility. But if that rule applies in this exact situation, i apologize for devaluing your RP experience.  

Don't know why i have been tagged i never force fed anyone. But yeah Doctor Red was force fed the human fat, could have been animal fat it is the same thing. But i don't think this rule really applies, would have it been within RP if we didn't hand cuff Dr Red and threatened his life until he ate his friend ? We never forced anything of significance upon Dr Red that would hinder his experience on the server. Don't see anywhere in the rules on hostages that we cannot force feed them things like human meat or disinfectant for RP purpose as some very morally wrong grey people.  

Edited by Ryan Beck
Spelling

Im unsure why I'm on this report as I'm not the member he was talking about. I was there an saw everything happening but don't think it was a breach of the rules as the guy was restrained and also under threat of his life if he didn't do what we said. If im misunderstanding the reason/ruling for this please do let me know. We'd never force somebody a illness, disease etc. that would lead to the death or massive strain on a character as that would be causing a un-needed RP experience.

@Griff, @SunkenBiscuits, @Ryan Beck -- Can you three please explain why you logged out within 30 minutes of a hostile encounter with @Rederaz?

11 hours ago, Grifff said:

Im unsure why I'm on this report as I'm not the member he was talking about. I was there an saw everything happening but don't think it was a breach of the rules as the guy was restrained and also under threat of his life if he didn't do what we said. If im misunderstanding the reason/ruling for this please do let me know. We'd never force somebody a illness, disease etc. that would lead to the death or massive strain on a character as that would be causing a un-needed RP experience.

You were called in as a witness to the events and because you were present on the side of the accused.

@Rover pretty sure we left the area, I have a wife and child and I'm 99.99% sure I just got off to take care of my child so my wife could shower. But we were gone from the area after we already killed everyone.

We drove away, Didn't know his steam name to get OOC Log perms, it was 3 am. we killed all his friends and there was 4 of us, i doubt he was going to pull anything that could harm us, or even be able to find us again. 

We had left the area, I personally realised the timer was around 25-27 mins so I realised for me it would take around about 2-3mins to load up (bad computer) so I just thought that would be fine for the 30min timer because I had to logoff afterwards anyways. It's not like I logged while they was chasing, still in RP or anywherer near the area that the RP took place.

SUMMARY: 

@Rederaz and his friends ended up in a firefight on the north east corner of Deer Isle. The fight ends with @Rederaz captured in the church by @SunkenBiscuits, @Ryan Beck and @Grifff . @Rederaz is tied up and the three aggressors begin to taunt him about his friends demise. @SunkenBiscuits approaches @Rederaz with human steak and announces he will cook it and force @Rederaz to eat it. @SunkenBiscuits then goes to get human fat instead, and starts to force feed @Rederaz as the captive protests.

RULEBREAKS: 

@SunkenBiscuits:

You knew feeding @Rederaz human meat was wrong because it would give him the Kuru disease. This would be forcing a condition on another player that they did not consent to, as per the following rule:

Spoiler

3.7 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text. This is called power gaming. Certain extreme role play like rape is not allowed at all and is considered power gaming regardless of consent.

Using human fat instead of steak does not bypass this rule. You audibly announce in the VIDEO EVIDENCE you will feed @Rederaz his 'dead' friends, without asking OOCly for consent. Hostages are not obliged to do everything you ask or force on them, as they remain in control of their characters. You MUST ask OOC permission to permanently scar or force a condition onto your hostages. To force feed someone human meat or fat whilst declaring it is their deceased friend is entirely power gaming a situation @Rederaz clearly did not consent to, regardless if the fat gave him Kuru or not. 

@SunkenBiscuits, @Grifff@Ryan Beck:

The three of you log out before the minimum 30 minute timer without asking @Rederaz for permission to log. As you know we demand that all parties remain in the server for at least 30 minutes after you have broken the line of sight with one another. Please refer to the following rule:

Spoiler

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Even if it was "only one person" and he "wasn't chasing you" this doesn't mean you can ignore this rule entirely. You are still required to wait the minimum timer, regardless of how many people you had hostage and if they are chasing you or not. 

@Grifff:

You state you had logged out around 27 minutes into your timer, but in reality it was around 10 minutes (give or take) and you would have had plenty of time to log back in and wait out the remainder of your timer. 

SUGGESTIONS: 

@SunkenBiscuits:

• Always ask permission from your hostages in OOC chat before performing an act that could permanently scar or force a condition on their character.
  • Have a read of the RULES page again, specifically those under rule 4 ('Hostilities"), and familiarise yourself with what is acceptable to do when you have a hostage.

@SunkenBiscuits, @Grifff, @Ryan Beck:

• Ensure you wait the correct timer before logging off the game. This is a minimum of 30 minutes after the line of sight with your hostage has been broken.
  • If you are unsure who your hostage was OOCly, you are free to join the 'Waiting for staff help' channel on the DayZRP discord and a staff member will help you track down your hostages so you may ask for OOC permission to log out.
  • Do not commit hostilities if you know you need to log out shortly. 
  • If you crash during hostilities or shortly afterwards, or if the server restarts, attempt to reconnect and reach out to a staff member to alert them. 

VERDICT: 

@SunkenBiscuits | Combat Logging & Power Gaming | 5 day ban & 10 warning points (AGGRAVATED) 
@Grifff | Combat Logging | 3 day ban, 10 warning points
@Ryan Beck | Combat Logging | 3 day ban, 10 warning points

SIGNED: @Fae, @Hofer + @Conor