Jump to content

Random Crashes


Recommended Posts

Hi, Magpie here!

So lately, for the past week or so, my game has been experiencing these...Peculiar crashes. Just IMMEDIATE crashes at random times, where the game just stops, and immediatly cuts back to my window, straight outta the game! Don't have the lil message that pops up right now, but it's a white box asking to give a crash report or whatever. Just a shame since I adore playing and cuts out at the WORST times.

 

Please help the birb. ?

Link to post
  • Diamond

Unfortunately there are many things that could be causing this. Let's start with one I think could possibly help. Having Steam verify your files or uninstalling and reinstalling the game and making sure all mods are in the correct order after reinstall. 

@Rover any ideas? 

Link to post
  • Diamond

I am also suffering from this. Random crashes. No reason why, just happened randomly even though I've been playing fine for the last couple of weeks and it's been stable.

 

Steps taken without result:

•Ran file verification

•Installed dayzsalauncher

•Turned to Fullscreen instead of windowed

•Fiddled with graphics options just in case there was an LOD causing it or some such

•Ran as admin

 

Edited by Dorian Graves
Link to post
  • Diamond

I know it's a stretch, but reinstalling the whole game? First uninstall DayZ and remove anything else, then reinstall from Steam. 

 

Also is the mod load order just like on the workshop page? 

Link to post
  • Diamond

I'll check with the load order next. You only gotta change it by dragging the mods into the specific order in the DayZ launcher, correct?

Link to post
  • Diamond

Yes, it's drag and drop. 

Link to post
  • Diamond
1 hour ago, Dorian Graves said:

I'll check with the load order next. You only gotta change it by dragging the mods into the specific order in the DayZ launcher, correct?

If dragging them in order doesnt work, uncheck them and recheck them in the correct order. Restarting Steam or the game can help as well. 

Link to post
  • Diamond

Dragging/repositioning the mods seemed to do it for me. Played for about an hour without a problem. Thank ya.

Link to post
  • Game Master
9 hours ago, Magpie said:

Hi, Magpie here!

So lately, for the past week or so, my game has been experiencing these...Peculiar crashes. Just IMMEDIATE crashes at random times, where the game just stops, and immediatly cuts back to my window, straight outta the game! Don't have the lil message that pops up right now, but it's a white box asking to give a crash report or whatever. Just a shame since I adore playing and cuts out at the WORST times.

 

Please help the birb. ?

Is it STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONS?

Link to post
  • Diamond

I think a lot of us are getting these crashes, and it's becoming quite frequent. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Is it DayZ or one of the mods? It's really troublesome for the players who sit in queue for hours to get in and crash within 20 minutes.

Link to post
  • Game Master
Just now, RiZ said:

I think a lot of us are getting these crashes, and it's becoming quite frequent. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Is it DayZ or one of the mods? It's really troublesome for the players who sit in queue for hours to get in and crash within 20 minutes.

 

4 minutes ago, Magpie said:

YEP THAT'S THE ONE! 

 

I get STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION errors when I use GM tools to move around the map.

Its caused by an incredibly broad swath of things, and I've narrowed it down to a few specific things depending on exactly when it occurs. I have been intending to write a guide, but its such a broadly encompassing swath of problems it makes it very difficult. For example:

  • For a while, just logging in with a plate carrier in your possessions (stored, in a backpack) would cause this.
  • Some people get it the second they attempt to launch DayZ from the Launcher, but do not get it when they try to start the DayZ_x64.exe file from the steam folder.
  • Some people get it when they attempt to launch the game from any place.
  • Some people only get it when joining our servers, not when joining public servers.
  • Many people have reported random crashes in game where they get this error. I am one of them.
  • I get STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION every time I close the game down. 
  • I get STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION if I travel near Grishino. It seems to do with the loading in the incredibly large number of player made items crashing my game.

 

Based on what I have been able to suss out, its a mixture of issues relating to corrupted game files, failing hardware on your side of things, or DayZ just being unoptimized. I regret to say I don't know of a fix because I have been struggling to even hammer down what the issue actually is.

I have managed to determine how to fix it if its one of the things keeping you from getting in game, but unfortunately I'm still struggling to figure out what is causing in game crashes. 

Honestly, I blame Bohemia.

I will be writing a guide for this soon.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...