Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 15:21 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
CynicalCertainty

Do the Handheld Transceivers work?

I've read somewhere before that the radios don't actually work. Is this true? Have any of you ever been able to successfully use them recently?

They work, but since they are buggy, people choose to maintain these radios as RP items, they use discord as their own Radio.

There have been instances where people reported bugs such as hearing other people, even when turning off the radio.

Edited by Alan Woods

1 hour ago, Alan Woods said:

They work, but since they are buggy, people choose to maintain these radios as RP items, they use discord as their own Radio.

There have been instances where people reported bugs such as hearing other people, even when turning off the radio.

That's happened to me several times.

I did end up saving a guy the other day who was using the radio to send out a distress call (see video in post below). I intercepted his transmission while scanning with the field transciever at my base. It made some fun RP. So it does have its place and it does work and can create some RP scenarios, but as Alan pointed out, it can be very buggy so most groups just use Discord. 

Edited by MountainRat

4 hours ago, CynicalCertainty said:

I've read somewhere before that the radios don't actually work. Is this true? Have any of you ever been able to successfully use them recently?

As mountain rat tagged me yes they do work. An entire squad of people saved my life using the radio system. I do believe most people dont have their radios on so they dont hear you if your using it.

Most players consider them an RP item since the last update by Bohemia and prefer to keep them off. But they do work... some what in my opinion. Hopefully they will be fixed in the next update. 

I had a full conversation over the course of about 30mins using IG radio, day before last, worked well enough but there was a constant echo. Although it was subtle enough that the echo didnt make it unusable.

Edited by Fenrir