Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 06:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Ophelia005

Altar raid /ban appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): S:1 Altar base raid 

Why the verdict is not fair: i do not think this punishment is fair because if you looked in the logs i didn't not empty the tents i just broke a lock and took some gear from the tents. Even if i did drop stuff/ grief which i didn't all there tents were full of pumpkin slices which take up a 2x3 rectangle and all the items which were dropped were to large to go into any of their tents due to all of them being packed full of pumpkin if you go to the report and read it even even states that there is food in the tents but it was all pumpkin    

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: i only helped break in and took nothing more but a few deer steaks and a large cabinet from down stairs. As well as i have never had any reports put out on me before,

--->(also check the logs i didnt break down the tents and i was no where near when they were broken down check the longs you'll see astrid broke them and check mine and her cords i was easily 200 meters away when she did.)<---

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I'd like to appeal the 2 day ban i have against me as i don't see it is fair as i was not the one to drop anything or even carry the tents, so please reconsider lifting my ban and i will take this as a warning and a lesson to not do that in the future 

What could you have done better?: i could have made sure we didn't leave anything because it was rude of us to do so and in the future i will not grief as i was not fully aware of that rule but now i am and i will promise to follow it, as you can see i have no other warning points or bans due to my rule following and id like you to take that into considering as well as my hours i have and haven't had any problems, thank you - Ryan Dudley  

Edited by Ophelia005
Change title and added in section marked "()"

Hello @Ophelia005,

A separate team of staff members have reviewed your appeal and have come to the following conclusion:

While you did leave items on the floor, you did it with the intention of getting tents for yourselves, which is a good reason to raid a base in the first place. A base is the best place to actually find tents. The items left on the floor were of low value, and there are plenty to be found on the map. However these items might hold value to those you are raiding.

In the future please consider taking time to move items back into other storage containers where you're raiding. You never know which items other players hold dear.

However in this case we do not feel this is griefing. Below the griefing rule is quoted.

Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done.

You removed the items from the tent with the intention of stealing it, which is fine. The Altar base is also in a very open space, and there's no real cover around there, so we do also understand that there's a sense of rush in the situation, causing you to act quickly. Just consider taking a bit more time in the future.

With that said.

Appeal accepted, ban and points removed.

Signed by @Hofer@Phoenix @Conor & @Peril