Server time (UTC): 2019-12-14, 17:39 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Sabess

KOS/Potential AOGM? at NWAF

Server and location: Chernarus, NWAF, in one of the barracks

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Roughly 12:50, 2019-11-01.

Your in game name: Rose Akiyama

Names of allies involved: Lily Kelly

Name of suspect/s: William White (believe that was the name anyway)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): We had a red BMW parked nearby, but it wasn't directly involved.

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Unfortunately shadowplay hates my computer.

Detailed description of the events:

Lily Kelly and I went to check out the NWAF, and heard shots pretty much immediately. After a single barracks, movement was seen up ahead, followed by more shots. We moved into another barracks and entered the bathroom, locking the door and waiting for the unknown individual to pass, due to the nature of the dangerous area. William White approached and attempted entry, but failed and moved on, before moving back around to the back window and peeking in through third person (unsure if this constitutes metagaming/AOGM/etc). He started speaking through mic, saying "I see you" and trying to convince us to open the door. I was initially hesitant to respond due to the perceived metagaming, but after about twenty seconds I told him to 'keep moving', as I wasn't really sure what the verdict on using third person cam like that is, as much as I personally don't like it. He responded by walking up to the door and shooting me dead through it without any sort of initiation, command, warning, or etc. All he said was 'that sounds hostile', then I was dead.

From what Lily has told me, he then proceeded to rob her as normal. She can post a more detailed POV herself, though.

Unfortunately shadowplay hates my computer, but my end of things will be logged in text, and hopefully logs (and Lily's confirmation) is enough to get a picture of what happened.

Edited by Sabess

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
12:39:49 | Player "Rose Akiyama" is connected
-DEAD-

12:53:31 | Player "Lily Kelly" has been disconnected
12:54:01 | Player "Lily Kelly" is connected

11:10:43 | Player "Willliam White" is connected
13:19:03 | Player "Willliam White" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler
12:54:41 | Player "Rose Akiyama"[HP: 80.2] hit by Player "Willliam White" into LeftLeg(10) for 60 damage (Bullet_762x39) with CZ-527 from 4.16847 meters 
12:54:41 | Player "Rose Akiyama"[HP: 30.5937] hit by Player "Willliam White" into Torso(7) for 49.6063 damage (Bullet_762x39) with CZ-527 from 4.16847 meters 
12:54:42 | Player "Rose Akiyama" is unconscious
12:54:45 | Player "Rose Akiyama"[HP: 10.8832] hit by Player "Willliam White" into RightLeg(5) for 60 damage (Bullet_762x39) with CZ-527 from 4.7278 meters 
12:54:45 | Player "Rose Akiyama" (DEAD)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Willliam White" into RightLeg(6) for 50.0787 damage (Bullet_762x39) with CZ-527 from 4.7278 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
12:54:45 | Player "Rose Akiyama" (DEAD) killed by Player "Willliam White" with CZ-527 from 4.7278 meters 

13:17:43 | Player "Lily Kelly" (DEAD) (pos=<4313.1, 9520.6, 334.9>) died. Stats> Water: 260.541 Energy: 1292.88 Bleed sources: 0

Chat Logs:

Spoiler
-MORE CHAT LOGS-
12:30:38 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): The fence is in the way.
12:30:44 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): The gap is enough!
12:31:21 | Chat("Paden Langley"): hey
12:31:45 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): The other gap.
12:31:52 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): What other gap!
12:31:57 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): ...Lemme do it, silly.
12:33:21 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): *Hugs Pixie from behind.* Now take the spark plug?
12:33:29 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Got it- I'm- Yeah.
12:33:42 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): *Nods, squeezing and pulling off.* Okay. We don't have a good opportunity to scope the place out, but.
12:33:50 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): We're gonna' stay low and quiet. Yeah?
12:33:59 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Remember this place. We'll run back here if we have to and book it.
12:34:09 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Yeah.
12:34:17 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //why can't I
12:34:18 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): And if we have to.
12:34:20 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //access inventory aa
12:34:22 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Stary.
12:34:42 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //I sure am bugged to heck
12:34:46 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //Ill relog?
12:34:49 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): yepyep
12:40:24 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //hi 
12:40:28 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Oh, by the way.
12:40:35 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Present.
12:41:23 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Check the pocket, too. Put that on your nineteen eleven.
12:41:48 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Uh, I already did, should I put it on the other?
12:42:04 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Oh-- put it back in the car, if you don't need it.
12:42:22 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //for some reason I just
12:42:27 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //can't see prompts anymore like
12:42:29 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //to pickup
12:42:38 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //but I can pickup
12:43:32 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): //how the heck do you reload cartridges
12:43:41 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //like bullets?
12:43:42 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //er
12:43:43 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //mags
12:43:48 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //you did it <3
12:43:51 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): got it it was just being weird
12:45:05 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //I also have no stamina bar that
12:45:08 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //has to be a button right 
12:45:16 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): // ` or `+rightclick
12:45:24 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //TY
12:47:34 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Shower...
12:47:38 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Damn.
12:48:50 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Others ide of the airfield-- people ahead.
12:48:54 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Avoid if possible.
12:48:56 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Movement, yeah.
12:53:31 | Chat("Willliam White"): i c u
12:53:50 | Chat("Willliam White"): //this is fail rp
12:54:05 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): //whatever you say.
12:54:32 | Chat("Rose Akiyama"): Keep moving.

12:58:31 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Were you?
12:58:37 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): You killed her.
12:59:21 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): Fuck you.
12:59:33 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): What's it matter, you're gonna do it anyway.
12:59:54 | Chat("Lily Kelly"): My hands are a little tied up.

Misc. Logs:

Spoiler
12:58:20 | Willliam White <4518.02, 9561.99, 342.923> restrained Lily Kelly with Handcuffs

Calling in to post PoV's:

@Sabess | Rose Akiyama | POSTED

@LizziePup | Lily Kelly | POSTED

@s8tanity | Willliam White | POSTED

Please post a FULL and DETAILED POV and any VIDEO EVIDENCE you have

Hey, Lily Kelly.

Basically that description is accurate but I lost connection after a little while of him first saying "I see you" which I didn't realize was weird initially. We emoted to stay silent in case he passed, and I assumed they just saw my arm through the wall, and hadn't considered third person camera since I play in first person constantly, so I wasn't sure if it was something to go off of anyway or if he was just bluffing. Around there is where I lost connection briefly. I rejoined a second or two later to Rose telling him to leave, which resulted in them saying it sounded aggressive, and firing. After that I was robbed and taken hostage as normal. I got let go a little while later after being stripped, but ended up cutting my feet on a rock and bleeding out before I was able to patch myself up or find shoes, though I did nearly survive. Basically it did feel weird that the scene happened with knowledge we were in there and it wasn't just a locked door (especially when they called out that they saw us despite there being a wall and locked door in the way), plus being left with little chance of survival after being let go, which did feel okay given the context, but does go against rule 4.6? I know rules 3.1 and 4.4 states to not ignore RP or be passive as victims, but I'm not sure how else to have handled the situation given that we were hiding and shouldn't have been able to be spotted from a character perspective (plus the unfortunate timing of the ping kick) and can't find any mention of camera perspective in the rules from my reading.

Went the northwest airfield looting, killing zombies, looted a barracks noticed the washroom door was locked so proceeded to search the rest of the rooms, as i came back to the front door i heard movement so i went to the window jumped seen something and proceeded to use third person because it doesn't say i cant. initiated in role play with continuation of no response then called out fail rp, witch then they replied. i didn't there response, as i was being friendly and had stated no harm. I took "Keep moving" as a hostile defense as they were not talking so then proceeded to ask them to open the doors and if they didn't id use force as i did. shooting through the door as wood is easily penetrable by most weapons. then killing zombies to survive, going back to the door witch was now opened, seeing a dead body and then proceeding to take the 2nd victim as a hostage who then used attacking language which lead to her being robbed and dead by natural causes. Im not sure i have done anything wrong and if i have pls inform me of rules that have been broken and i hope to solve this issue like adults. Thankyou

4 minutes ago, s8tanity said:

Went the northwest airfield looting, killing zombies, looted a barracks noticed the washroom door was locked so proceeded to search the rest of the rooms, as i came back to the front door i heard movement so i went to the window jumped seen something and proceeded to use third person because it doesn't say i cant. initiated in role play with continuation of no response then called out fail rp, witch then they replied. i didn't there response, as i was being friendly and had stated no harm. I took "Keep moving" as a hostile defense as they were not talking so then proceeded to ask them to open the doors and if they didn't id use force as i did. shooting through the door as wood is easily penetrable by most weapons. then killing zombies to survive, going back to the door witch was now opened, seeing a dead body and then proceeding to take the 2nd victim as a hostage who then used attacking language which lead to her being robbed and dead by natural causes. Im not sure i have done anything wrong and if i have pls inform me of rules that have been broken and i hope to solve this issue like adults. Thankyou

Please elaborate on a few things:

What exactly did you say before firing through the door?

What condition did you leave the surviving hostage in? You say you robbed her, please describe what you took and what you left her with.

@LizziePup Can you please confirm what was robbed from you as well, and what you were left with to survive with. 

im coming in? you left me no choice?
you chose the hard way? idk what i said tbh but it was role play and the intention was not to kill the person who died but i did intend to shoot the door open and somebody ended up dying.

i left the surviving hostage with nothing and told her to walk to the airfield as i finished looting and leaving i took two toxic cure stick things and a piece of meat as i said i was being friendly and initially did not want to harm but the responses i got caused me to take action. all there gear was left except for what i took^

If it's okay to post, from memory, the exact quote was "That sounds hostile. Well, I'm coming in." then he shot through the door, killing me. I'm 99% sure those were the exact words, but yeah, that's just from memory.

Yeah, I was stripped to underwear, I felt like going back would've made the situation worse so I'm not sure what was actually taken, but I didn't have anything on me when released. I managed to find everything but shoes nearby so it's just unfortunate luck there.

Edited by LizziePup

@ sabess 

PROBABLY sounds around about right but like i said didn't mean to kill but it happened and as im sure they understand u were refusing to talk and or lagging out so me taking your little rp response whoever responded as hostile sounds fine as to the circumstances that followed. and if u were having connection issues how do u even know what i said? or is it a cover up for fail rp? idk i just wanna play smh

Edited by s8tanity

VERDICT

@s8tanity - BadRP, Invalid Kill (roleplayed) x2, Combat Logging - GUILTY

REASON

@s8tanityFirst of all you kill @Sabess through the door without a proper initiation. You presumed that what they said was hostile, and responded with a comment about it. This is no reason at all to kill somone. This is a roleplaying server, and roleplay should be the first thing that comes to your mind when playing here. You then proceed to rob and strip @LizziePup of her gear and clothing items, basically leaving her with no chance to survive at all, which resulted in her death in the end.

This is first of all a breach of rule 4.1

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

The next issue comes with the BadRP, where you strip her of her clothes and all gear. This is a breach of the following rule, and is classified as badRP.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

After you released @LizziePup you walk away and log out less than thirty minutes after line of sight has been broken. This is a breach of the combat logging rule.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Three rules broken in less than 30 minutes. This is serious. We are very disappointed in the way you acted in this sitaution, and you've left two other community members with a sour taste in their mouths. Please familiarise yourself with the rules properly while you are not able to play the game.

We suggest that you also take a long look at some videos or streams that do proper hostile roleplay the way it is supposed to be done, or find yourself a group that can show you how to actually do it, before you engage in such endeavours again or your time here will be very short lived.

OOC CHAT

@LizziePup & @Sabess: Even though this was a shitty situation, please in the future refrain from using the chat for this much OOC. If you want to communicate with each other OOC add each other to Steam or Discord. Don't talk about rule breaks OOC either. Ignore it, report it and let the staff team deal with it.

With that said.

OUTCOME

@s8tanity - BadRP, Invalid Kill (roleplayed) x2, Combat Logging - 7 DAY BAN, 15 WARNING POINTS (AGGRAVATED)

Signed @Hofer, @Fae & @Phoenix