Server time (UTC): 2019-12-14, 11:44 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
MountainRat

Suggestion: Crafting Rafts and/or Stretchers

I'm not sure how difficult this would be for modders, but I thought it would be cool if you could craft a crude raft from logs, rope, and/or rags. It probably wouldn't be of much use in Chernarus, but in Deer Isle and possibly Livonia, it could be useful. Especially getting to the oil rigs on Deer Isle. This might also encourage more players to utilize that server, too.

Another Idea I had, was the ability to craft a stretcher for wounded people from long sticks and rags (or ropes). When someone goes down and is unconscious, or unable to walk, there is currently no way to carry them to safety. Also, it would be cool to make it so 2 people can carry the stretcher faster from either end, but if only 1 person can carry it, the stretcher would have to drag on the ground at half the speed.

Not sure if these ideas are even feasible, but they would definitely be a cool addition. Especially the stretchers. Thoughts?

Both are good ideas. But I think that implementing them would take way too much time.

See that both ideas would require new animations!!!!

In the end, our developer team is formed by poor volunteers, who are generous enough to dedicate us some of their free time.

It's a great idea, but currently, no boats exist ingame, so implementing it requires alot of effort. The problem is that physics and controls aren't implented like cars are, so making it all from scratch requires lots of work.

If Bohemia or maybe the devs from DayZ Expansion go ahead and release their implementation of boats, then maybe we could actually see your idea implemented.

I completely agree with craftable rafts but there are no "boat" physics, at least none that i'm aware of rn, so i'm not sure it rafts will work even if a model and everything is made for em.

If not a stretcher, perhaps the ability to pick people up / dragging them when they're uncon? Similar to how Arma 2 worked.

2 hours ago, CrescentGent said:

If not a stretcher, perhaps the ability to pick people up / dragging them when they're uncon? Similar to how Arma 2 worked.

Then modders will need to have acess to animation tools, idk if those are public rn cause I don't really see any mods with custom animations yet

13 hours ago, Alan Woods said:

It's a great idea, but currently, no boats exist ingame, so implementing it requires alot of effort. The problem is that physics and controls aren't implented like cars are, so making it all from scratch requires lots of work.

If Bohemia or maybe the devs from DayZ Expansion go ahead and release their implementation of boats, then maybe we could actually see your idea implemented.

Yeah, I figured this was most likely the case.

13 hours ago, Worldclass said:

i like the stretcher idea because i think it could add more value rp to medics and doctors that rp on the server

Definitely. And since boats wouldn't have much use on the Charnarus map anyway, they're probably wouldn't add much to the gameplay.

5 hours ago, CrescentGent said:

Yeah, there should at least be some way to move someone.

Thanks for the input, guys!

4 hours ago, MountainRat said:

Yeah, there should at least be some way to move someone.

There is a way to move people, use a shovel to bury them 6ft down. 🤣

For real though, I think the stretcher/carry/drag would be awesome and could create some interested rp moments. (caravan of people carrying wounded teammates from a firefight?)

I would love boats too simply for deer isle, ive thought about swimming out to the rigs, but haven't gotten the courage yet.