Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 09:13 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Daddy19RP

Shepherds - [IC Recruitment]

Keep it up with the group guys I’ve been hearing good things. I might have to create a character to come join. Best of luck 

i wanna to come find you and see exactly how much word of god your spreading. we can have a 'bible quote off'

Woah, looking good G19!

Cannot wait for the immersive religious roleplay!

jesus image GIF

Good luck  lads ❤️ 

Ive got an OOC question (I promise I wont meta) re the roster. Most of you are ex anarchy, who archived, yet we are seeing radio posts about anarchy isn’t dead as it’s a state. It then goes on to say where anarachy still reside and to go get licenses. Reading this its like anarchy isn’t archived at all, just the group official title.

The confusing bit for me, is how the same characters are now part of a religious group, which really doesn’t seem to fit with them at all.

How can this work? The sceptic in me thinks its just a way to ruleplay as two groups at the same time.

Im fine with either group as I like the RP of both ideas but im just confused as to how this works as I cant understand how one day a person can run around as an anarchy member and all that stands for and the next day the same character is now a religious cult member and then flipping back as they please.

Maybe the roster needs updating with new characters?

Untitled.png

Edited by andysuter

16 hours ago, andysuter said:

-snip-

Community Helper Zero here. There’s no rule saying that they can not play as Anarchy and The Shepherds as far I am aware. There is a rule however stating they can’t be officially recognized as two groups. If they wanted to say play The Shepherds one day then switch to Anarchy the next day they fully well could. The only catch I believe would be is that when playing as Anarchy, which would be a dynamic group they would not gain the rights they have as an official group if The Shepherds were approved as a group.

Right now there shouldn’t be an issue anyways as they aren’t official yet. By doing what I described as above they could show that Anarchy isn’t just magically gone or dead as some people have been saying which is kind of power gaming imo for others to say they wiped out anarchy or made anarchy run away. I skimmed through the roster, for the most part they seem to have made new characters but there are some that are Anarchy members. As a separate note I don’t believe there is anything barring characters from joining a new group. You might argue that it doesn’t make sense but it makes more sense then you might think as there is a movement known as Christian Anarchism and the movement states that anarchism is Inherent in Christianity  

Now seeing as I am not staff this isn’t an official ruling, but just what I can interpret from the rules from my knowledge so take it with a grain of salt if you wish. 

Edited by ZeroRP

Thanks Zero, and thanks for taking the time out to reply 👍. But my question wasnt really about whether its allowed or not. It was more about the same characters being in two very different groups with very different goals and mindsets.

Eg its like my Priest being in a radio station,abusing his position to mouth off at other groups and the next day hes running around as a cannibal with a different set of characters, reverting between the two as i feel like it. It makes interactions unclear on who you are actually RP'ing with. Is it the mouthy priest or is it a psycho cannibal.

I hope that makes sense? I love both groups and the players behind it, its just the character swing im struggling with.

Edited by andysuter

1 hour ago, andysuter said:

Thanks Zero, and thanks for taking the time out to reply 👍. But my question wasnt really about whether its allowed or not. It was more about the same characters being in two very different groups with very different goals and mindsets.

Eg its like my Priest being in a radio station,abusing his position to mouth off at other groups and the next day hes running around as a cannibal with a different set of characters, reverting between the two as i feel like it. It makes interactions unclear on who you are actually RP'ing with. Is it the mouthy priest or is it a psycho cannibal.

I hope that makes sense? I love both groups and the players behind it, its just the character swing im struggling with.

Andy brings up a very valid question here that I'd like answered too. I have no issues with the group nor did I have with any of the previous groups.

This isn't to single out one person but an example. JimRP's character Dimitri Tarasov has now moved from being an anarchist to being part of a christian cult. What are the reasons behind that? Will this be explained on each character page, or will it be fleshed out here in the group thread?

2 hours ago, Hofer said:

Andy brings up a very valid question here that I'd like answered too. I have no issues with the group nor did I have with any of the previous groups.

This isn't to single out one person but an example. JimRP's character Dimitri Tarasov has now moved from being an anarchist to being part of a christian cult. What are the reasons behind that? Will this be explained on each character page, or will it be fleshed out here in the group thread?

That is a great question for JimRP, as for me, he was baptized in game by myself and as far as I have seen follows the belief system that we enforce. As for the drama regarding same characters of the anarchy roster, only 3 characters are the same. Dimitri Tarasov, Sassy Sullivan Jr. and Andrea Du Plessis. Sassy and Dimitri very actively play and while I have heard them speak of being ex Anarchy and what not, I have not heard them directly claim to still be or act out as them. If I witness this IC then yes I would react and there would be a discussion, but I have yet to do so. And Wes does not play barely at all right now as he is taking a break and I most likely linked the wrong character. Before I forget, to answer your final question Hofer that is for his character page, I am not going to clutter the group thread with information of everyone’s conversion and baptization stories.

2 minutes ago, G19RP said:

That is a great question for JimRP, as for me, he was baptized in game by myself and as far as I have seen follows the belief system that we enforce. As for the drama regarding same characters of the anarchy roster, only 3 characters are the same. Dimitri Tarasov, Sassy Sullivan Jr. and Andrea Du Plessis. Sassy and Dimitri very actively play and while I have heard them speak of being ex Anarchy and what not, I have not heard them directly claim to still be or act out as them. If I witness this IC then yes I would react and there would be a discussion, but I have yet to do so. And Wes does not play barely at all right now as he is taking a break and I most likely linked the wrong character. Before I forget, to answer your final question Hofer that is for his character page, I am not going to clutter the group thread with information of everyone’s conversion and baptization stories.

Allright. This sounds good and explains how it has been played out. I'm not going to pester you about it being added to the other players character page of course, as that is the individual players responsibility. 

Thank you for clarifying 🙂

1 hour ago, G19RP said:

I have not heard them directly claim to still be or act out as them. If I witness this IC then yes I would react and there would be a discussion, but I have yet to do so. 

Thanks and yes its only a few of the members.

Re the quote above, Jim was playing as a guy called Dimitri from Anarchy yesterday, wearing an orange armband. Unless it was a clever use of words as he spoke about asking me to broadcast that anarchy were still around etc and we got hassled for being near their town (stary). Clearly there is a risk of meta in there from me so I had to just assume he was the only Dimitri I have spoken with on the radio, who is from Anarchy and play it out to see what happened, but you get where my confusion is. OOC I didn’t know if he was playing as a Christian cultist or as an anarchist. Both could have very different outcomes for how I react to him

Edited by andysuter

/APPROVED

The thread looks great and the idea is unique and if done right will be a nice change compared to other groups that are currently out there. The lore is straight to the point and tells the story of the group which works well. Your goals are a little generic but I understand that you're just getting started, I would however like to see more in depth and personal goals as the groups story progresses over time and the current goals have been completed. You have a nice big roster but there is just one issue, both @ThrashRP and @NozzyRP have both not been in game for 2 and 3 weeks respectively so if you could reach out to them to see what's going on there and remove them if necessary.

With that said, group approved. Make sure you get that GroupCP setup and send out invites to your members and I wish you the best of luck!

Can't wait to recite the Our Father as gaeilge together. Congrats boys

Edited by Cuchulainn

congrats on that approval fellers

Okay, now, this is epic Christian!

congrats boys <3

🙏 bless, congrats boys 

Well done Congrats on your approval

Congrats guys! Still have yet to interact with the entire group but I'm hopeful that will change soon! 

Congrats on the approval lads ❤️