Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 01:45 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Alan Woods

Staff Feedback : Alan Woods

Gabriel Iglesias Hello GIF by NETFLIX

Hello everyone, this is where you can give me feedback and help me become the best !

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Link to the situation:(Use "N/A" if not appropriate.) https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/100886-s1-zelenogorsk-badrp-disregard-for-hostage-safety-1030-server-time/

Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".) Will be posted/quoted intermittently throughout. 

Feedback:(Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)

I hate to ruin your feedback thread with this being the first post, but here goes:

Spoiler

First, I’d like to preface this with a few things:

1. With a good number of years working as an Admin/Mod/Supporter in various different RP communities(nearly 8/9 years now 😔), stretching back to when SA:MP was popular, I'd like to think I'm qualified to give this feedback.
  2. If I was in the same situation you were in, I’d have absolutely reported the individuals responsible.
  3. No doubt that the individuals involved in this report will be banned, if not permabanned, as they’ve been reported for numerous rule breaks recently and its clear to see they broke the rules again in your report.
  4. You do good work Alan and I don’t think you’re a bad support staff member at all.

However, moving into the feedback, I believe the way you’re going about/you’ve gone about this report isn’t the correct attitude/tone befitting a member of the Support Staff. The wording of your replies and some of the language used makes you appear condescending, as if you’re speaking down at these people, instead of trying to lift/drag them up like Support Staff should do. For example:

"Okay, I wanted to highlight the problems of this encounter, bring out these issues and tell how events would've played out if you actually knew how to rob people and treat hostages."

Boom, straight away you do the right thing in highlighting their mistakes so they can learn from them. However, the follow up comes off as an insult and condescending, which there's no need for. 

"This is not OKAY, normally people drop their stuff and then you take them to a secure location, tie them up and frisk them."

Just because something isn't normal doesn't mean its not okay/a rule break. If every robbery followed the same format, I'm sure we'd all be bored of them by now. Furthermore, I don't think immediately tieing someone up constitutes AOGM. Correct me if I'm wrong though 🙂

"During your infamous and last demand, you decide it's best to shoot me everytime I don't respect your demand, therefore damaging me quite a lot and you could've even killed me, therefore breaking another rule"

Again, I don't see the rule break here. As per the video you upload, the kidnappers made a demand to their hostage, in this case for you to say "I'm a naughty boy". You then, likely on purpose, tried to use the wording of their demand back on them, eventually even saying "But I'm not a naughty boy", for which you got shot. Yes, the demand was ridiculous, however a demand was made and you didn't comply to it, hence why you were shot. If you had have done something like this with two people who actually valued roleplaying, as clearly these two don't, you'd have likely been executed for noncompliance or potentially reported for NVFL (two guys with guns have you tied up in a place crawling with infected and ask you to utter a stupid phrase, anyone valuing their life would swallow their pride and say it to avoid being shot or worse.) 

"Now I have censored his name as it is bad taste and against standard terms of service. "

If you're going to censor his name out in subsequent posts on the thread, make sure you're consistent and do it for all screenshots you post. In the OP, you can clearly see the individuals Discord name and profile pic, however further on you choose to censor his name. Also, don't start a conversation with someone with "Come to Room 4 NOW", its needlessly aggressive and as a Support Staff member you should be trying to help these people, not berate them. You can't let yourself get annoyed by antics like this, you can't take the bait. Clearly this individual wasn't taking you seriously, and I understand that's frustrating, but take solace in the knowledge that they will be dealt with in the report. You don't need to demand them to post their POV, the admins/GMs will do that, and you don't need to remind them about being banned as they'll discover that themselves. If they really were in class then all you need to do is have patience, its on them to post their POV, meanwhile you're free to do as you please. Just calmly await their post, you know they'll get banned if they don't.

"Also, I was aggressive in my tone, but after hearing a pathetic excuse like "human error" I knew you were oblivious of rules and how Hostile encounters work."

Again, needlessly aggressive and it shows that this person is getting to you. You can't be like as a Support Staff member, as if you let every situation like this get to you, you'll go insane. Take a breath, deal with them civilly, and move on. If someone wants to be an asshole, let them. Lowering yourself to their level/getting annoyed at situations like this will always end up worse for you. You know you're in the right, I know you're in the right, and the admins will too so don't get worked up and let things run their course in the report, you'll get justice in the end. 

"Do you know how scarring works ? Let me help you out :

Did you ask for permissions before hand? No."

Don't ask questions and then immediately answer them, makes you look bad. Instead just say things like "If you didn't know how scarring works, here's the rules on that (INSERT RULES)" or "In order to scar someone you require permission, as evidenced by these rules (INSERT RULES)"

"I am not the one to request such a thing, you are the one responsible for me and my safety. As I said, I complied, therefore I put my life and safety in your hands until the end of the encounter"

Just because the rules say they're responsible for your safety doesn't mean your character should be thinking like that. If you character felt unsafe outside, vocalize that and tell them, like anyone would in a situation like that. Furthermore, as a Support Staff member, try prompting them IC away from potential rule breaks by saying things like "I'd feel a lot safer inside" or "There's so many zombies in this area, can we go inside?" That way you're not only helping them avoid breaking any rules and teaching them what a better robbery would be, like Support should be, but you're also portraying fear nicely in a situation where anyone would be scared. Remember, just because their roleplay is bad doesn't mean yours has to be aswell. 

"If you have no experience or time to dedicate in this type or roleplay, DO NOT ENGAGE in this type of roleplay."

The last thing I want to highlight is this. This is the biggest no-no for me. Yes, if you don't have the time to properly RP a hostile situation and comply with the rules surrounding logging out, you shouldn't start a robbery or any hostile action. However, just because you don't have any experience doing something doesn't mean you shouldn't engage in it. If that was true I'd have never learned to play the piano and 80% of the server would have never engaged in a robbery. We all have to start somewhere, and this involves making mistakes and learning from them, which is where the Support Staff and wider community come in. Telling someone that they shouldn't engage in something just because they have no experience in it isn't the kind of attitude you should have, especially as a Support Staff member. 

To conclude, I understand this situation must have been frustrating as its evident that the person on the other side doesn't care to be helped, doesn't care for the rules, doesn't care for proper roleplay, and was rude to you on Discord. However, despite all of this, don't lower yourself to it. Don't let it annoy you, because being a member of the Support Staff means you're going to have these kind of interactions regularly. Willingly give your help and advise to new players, there will be those that listen to you and will add good things to the server, and there will be those that don't listen to you as well, but don't let that annoy you because eventually, they'll either get bored and leave or get banned. 

Keep up the good work man, don't let situations like this get you frustrated, its not worth the stress! 

Peace ✌️

tenor.gif

Suggestions for improvement:(Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.) 

• Work on the language you use, you're a support staff member you've got to be civil with people or else it looks bad on you and the rest of the Supporters. 
  • Don't let rude people/bad interactions get to you too easily. As a member of the Support staff, you're likely going to encounter a lot of these, unfortunately it comes with the territory.
  • Keep doing what you do and have a great day 👍 

Edited by Queerios

Thank you @Queerios for being the first to pop the cherry of this thread !

Now, I appreciate your dedication and giving out some of your time to come here and post this long and thorough feedback. I appreciate it alot, as it is negative and it's the one I mostly need, to fix my problems and improve.

I was guided by my emotions and took the bait and showed the worst of me, which is not what I wanted to do. With that report ( which is the first one I make as an accuser in 6 years since I joined this community ) I wanted to make a statement, which in retrospect is more like a prohibition from how I wrote it. I will still continue helping new and even older members, and make sure they have all the tools and knowledge to pull of their RP and give out the best experiences.

Either way, I learned that I need to tone down my aggressiveness, get a clear mind and not write under heavy emotions.

Thank you again for coming here and thank you for pointing out this problem ! I will make sure next time ( hopefully there will not be a next time ) to not follow through like I did now !

bill murray thank you GIF

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: Spoke with Alan for about 15 minutes on how to get OBS set up and running. Got that shit working pretty good so far. Thanks very much.

Suggestions for improvement: Not much to be honest. 

Link to the situation: N/A

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: This Dude, Is always around when I feel lost or confused, Thank you for making things more clear to a returning player/new RP player.

Suggestions for improvement: Keep Being You. 🙂 10/10