Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 14:37 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 5 hours, 22 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Laelia

Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): Logs

Why the verdict is not fair: I never had any warnings, so I find it quite unfair to just be straight up banned for two entire days because of the fact that the in-game OOC chat is used a little too much, ALT Tabbing would firstly destroy my immersion and possibly make my game crash, which obviously is not acceptable since the queue are almost always 30 people long whenever I first log in.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I am born with a wounded larynx, which reduces my ability to speak to almost zero, I can barely whisper without it hurting quite alot, meaning that I cannot use Voice Chat to talk with my friends, as said earlier alt tabbing can make my game crash and just breaks my immersion. Steam is not an option because first I rarely add anyone on it anymore and most people I play with don't want to be added either.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to be unbanned.

What could you have done better?: A simple warning/Message to tell me to stop OOC chatting would've been enough, I would've found a different way to chat with my friends.

Hello @Laelia

OOC chat while in game is covered in the rules section, which you should've read before.

3.8 OOC communication should only be done through text chat and only when absolutely necessary. You may not use OOC chat to casually chat with other players in game. Use the "//" prefix to indicate OOC text communication.

You are not allowed to use the chat in game to communicate OOCly with other players. 

The attitude shown in a private conversation between you and other Gamemasters is not welcome. Flaming and talking in such a manner should not happen under any circumstances. Keep it civil.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience this will cause for you with the condition you have and it will make it hard to communicate by voice out of character, however there are ways to do that.

I'm no expert on the field, but I would suggest adding those who you want to play with and talk with out of character to Steam and just quickly shift+tab to respond to their messages. There might even be some sort of software that can help you out with this.

With that said.

Appeal denied, ban and points stay.

Signed @Hofer & @Rover