Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 01:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Horatio

Shot on sight outside Grishino

Server and location: S1 | North West of Grishino | Aprox 565 / 10768 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-10-30 22:30 ish 

Your in game name: Jakob Wiel

Names of allies involved: Johan Persson @Hampze

Name of suspect/s: Don't even know the sound of the guys voice.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Video evidence will be uploaded when i get home from UNI tommorw, it's past midnight and going to bed after this debacle. 

Detailed description of the events: 

I return from a small break, then i meet up with my lad @Hampze near Lopatino somewhere. @Hampze and I decide to head to Grishino to do some trading, we hear some gunshots near the airfield nothing out of the ordinary. We enter the airfield on the eastern side, make a quick way straight through not looting much as I'm double carrying a combat belt i wish to sell. We walk down towards Grishino, i go AFK for a little bit in the forrest near Grishino. In the mean town time @Hampze has gone down to investigate the town, i decide to walk uphill to give him some cover while we're checking that the town is safe. He asks me if i can provide support if needed, i tell him it's too far away to make a shot. All very standard procedure in these situations for us anyway. I'm a bit idly watching stuff on my phone and having a laugh so i don't notice footsteps near me. I hear a few gunshots before my screen tells me i am dead. At no point did I or my lad @Hampze initiate on anyone, and no point were we initiated on to my knowledge.

Edited by Horatio

CONNECTION LOGS:

Spoiler

19:41:44 | Player "Jakob Wiel" is connected
21:45:53 | Player "Jakob Wiel" has been disconnected
21:59:02 | Player "Jakob Wiel" is connected
-DEAD-
22:41:25 | Player "Jakob Wiel" has been disconnected

20:17:57 | Player "Ian Sin" is connected
23:05:01 | Player "Ian Sin" has been disconnected
23:07:27 | Player "Ian Sin" is connected
23:26:14 | Player "Ian Sin" has been disconnected

19:25:11 | Player "Johan Persson" is connected
21:55:30 | Player "Johan Persson" has been disconnected
21:59:53 | Player "Johan Persson" is connected
22:45:34 | Player "Johan Persson" has been disconnected

HIT LOGS:

Spoiler

22:23:34 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by CrSk_VAZ_2107 with TransportHit
22:40:58 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48302 meters 
22:40:58 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48302 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48301 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48301 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48984 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48984 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.49612 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.50838 meters 
22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.50838 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.12403 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.12403 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.12404 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.12404 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.0968 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.0968 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.85153 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.85153 meters 
22:41:00 | Player "Jakob Wiel" hit by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 5.35243 meters 

KILL LOGS:

Spoiler

22:40:59 | Player "Jakob Wiel" (DEAD) killed by Player "Ian Sin" with M4A1 from 4.48301 meters 

CALLING IN THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR POV AND ANY VIDEO EVIDENCE:

@Horatio | Jakob Wiel | OP
@Litomatoma | Ian Sin | POSTED
@Hampze | Johan Persson | POSTED

Johans POV: I was in Grishino checking the place out so its safe for Jakob to move in. Then i got told to leave by some people with guns. so i did! When i was on my way back to Jakob, i heard some gunshots, i walked up and found Jakob dead on the ground.

Edited by Hampze

Hey,

Was engaged in a massive gun fight in Grishino that lasted about 30-40 mins.

In the final part of the gun fight there were about 5 people left, my friend was shot by someone he called out to be on the western hill. So I started flanking to the Western hill to try and find the sniper, having found someone scoping in on the town I assumed it was you so shot you.

I'm sorry you died in the situation but we avoided miss fire as much as we could having told your friend to leave.

i would be happy to explain the whole situation to you if needed, I can @ the people involved in the whole situation. 

Edited by Litomatoma

I have a Arctic 7 Steel series, the "chat" sound and the ingame sounds run on two different devices therefore I cannot record discord conversations.

We're in a OOC channel doing this, we're having conversations with people not ingame at the same time me and @Hampze is ingame. I did not double the small amount of conversation i am having because I was alone, and it was kinda hard to distinguish between IC communications and OOC. In any case as the video shows i was alone, so it's victimless crime.

The video will show me coming back from having been minimized for a good 5 min'ish. I restart my recording software and proceed up hill, somebody asks a question i sadly not remember but it's unrelated. In any case notice I am double carrying the combat belt as our intent is to trade the with traders in town. I am not at all aware I am in a potential combat situation, i do not hear gunshots. I do believe we heard gunshots 10 min prior to the recording, but it's not uncommon for the traders to be shooting zombies inside the compound. 

Shortly after 1:00 Johan asks me if i can provide any support in case something bad happens, as mentioned in the OP.  My answer is in the video.

I try to locate Johan in town, i fail to do so. I notice people walking around in the open near town, no guns are pointed in town and no shots are fired. 2 People are walking around quite unaffected, i assume no danger. Shortly after I am shot and killed by a unknown assailant, who turns out to be @Litomatoma who I have never interacted with prior to this encounter. 

I do not understand how gunshots being fired in the vicinity of the airfield giving people clearance to shoot anyone aiming down their guns. Especially as people are jogging around in town casually as you can see in the recording. 

We had just left Grishino trading outpost with the Corporation with a full truck, about 200 metres down the road we hear a lot of gun fire from Grishino base. We stop as the Corporation are contracted to defend the area. One of them ran down the road saw there were hostages and told everyone to come back. So the 10 of us all get out and head back to Grisihno, on our way back someone at the barn called someone at the front of group and either got shot or shot at them I'm not sure. With all 10 of us around the barn they said someone had taken Grisihno trading town hostage and we need to help. 

With two of our people not having weapons or having very little ammunition we left them in a cabin next to the truck. 5 people stayed in the southern part of the town and myself @itsogman (Cameron) and @Olaf Sin (Olaf) flanked around the side to the police station where a person was shooting our group from. Cameron stayed on the eastern hill and Olaf and I pushed in. We killed the shooter in the police station and began to shoot at the people pushing up the hill. 

While in the police station random people kept coming up and asking what was going on. we told them to leave as there's a situation going on and we don't want to accidently shoot them. Our other members then radio in not to shoot anyone in full black and a gas mask and anyone in the surrounding area without there hands up is currently surrounding there building. So we head back over the hill to try and save them. 

We hear gun shots and no one on radio so we assume they're dead and maybe a Corporation member is still alive, while heading back to the cabin the 3 of us were looking for anyone, Cameron got hit (and survived) and said there was someone on the western hill. I then started to follow the tree line round to try and find the sniper. In the mean time I believe Olaf and Cameron got engaged in a gun fight I'm not sure what happend. 

I ran into someone in a full juggernaut suit in the western woods and he began to chase me down, so running down the tree line I was looking backwards trying to spot the juggernaut then I ran into @Horatio in the woods scopped in on the area we were just fighting in, so I presume it was the sniper on the western hill and shot him. 

Again I never intended to shoot anyone not involved and i'm sorry that you got caught in the crossfire without even knowing of the situation, I'm not running around shooting everyone I see. You just had a weapon out in the active area and matched the description my friend gave me. 

The whole situation was messy, with 10 people in town 10 people in the truck and even more attacking the town. There were hostages calling out locations of people and running around looting the bodies and people pretending not to be a part of it to just then shooting people. I'm not sure what I could have done in the situation If I talked you could have just shot me if you were the sniper. 

I did not hear any gunshots near my location for at least 20 min, so unless somebody sniped your guy  3 min prior to you shooting me doing the 4 min i was afk. did hear a single gunshot from down near town aprox 20 min before my death. 

Who from your team was sniped from near my death location? 

Once @Litomatoma provide the name, can we get the logs with proper location?

@itsogman was hit

In future I would use either the scope of a weapon or binoculars and we could have avoided this situation. 

Edited by Litomatoma

As mentioned above my friend was asking if i could provide support in case things turn sour. As such I'd consider it pretty standard to watch through a mounted scope

There was someone on the western hill, as one of our members was calling him out before he died. I got tagged and i started to fall back, then Ian said over the radio that the guy was dead. The fact you aimed down sights at a city where there was a firefight is just silly in all fairness. Like Ian said, carry binoculars in the future.... 

@Hampzedo you have any video evidence that is longer than 2.5 minutes?

@HoferNo i dont have any video

Hello @Horatio,

The shot that hit @itsogman before you were killed was in the location shown below, marked by a red circle, the time stamp for this shot was at 21:59:43
8fdc4a3079f42d3c428736e79ad225d9.png.ade49351ca350fb4def87e747bee6d98.png

Thank you @Realize , so the sniper i was mistaken for was there aprox 40 min prior to my death. In fact it happend doing the 15 min i was offline all the way over in Lopatino.

So @Litomatoma was being chased by a guy in the forest that you did not shoot? Then you decided to flank a sniper that you said your friend called out when he was shot, i assume approx 40 min prior to you killing me. That's a very long time before you flank the sniper. Admittedly it's very close to where i died so if the time between had been shorter like 20 min, i would've understood you mistaking me for the sniper. 

VERDICT

@Litomatoma - Invalid Kill (Firefight) - GUILTY

REASON

During the video evidence provided here you can see @Horatio moving around while not hearing any shots. @Hampze moves into town while @Horatio provides overwatch, which isn't unusual in this kind of situation. Still no shots can be heard. A minute later @Litomatoma can be seen strolling up close to @Horatio and blasts him quickly until he falls over and dies.

@Litomatoma OP was not aware of your presence at all. You had the upper hand as he was just scoping into Grishino, yet you decided to not say anything and just blast him. The shots you claim came from that direction were fired 40 minutes prior to the situation, and you can't just assume that the same person will be there almost a full hour later.

While you had just ended a firefight, you always need to make sure that you identify your targets properly before taking fire. This could've been done easily by hiding nearby @Horatio and engaged in a short conversation with him. This would've given you the answers you wanted before you made the next move, while being hidden. There were multiple trees and bushes around OP that you could've used to your advantage.

With that said.

OUTCOME

@Litomatoma - Invalid Kill (Firefight) - 2 day ban, 10 warning points

Signed @Hofer & @Realize