Server time (UTC): 2019-12-08, 14:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Quackipoo

Queue times are too long.

Increase server size to 100  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Queue times are too long and it is starting to discourage people from playing because they have to wait in a 30+ minute queue to play. It is extremely frustrating when I crash because I know that a long queue is waiting for me if I want to come back. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way so please leave your feedback.

Server size has been increased but it only causes crashes, so for now 80 is the best. 

If performance would improve, maybe a bigger server would come up. 

I know it has been higher than 80 before and had some issues? Honestly remove vehicles for performance if it means I don't have to wait in a 45 minute queue. Or please remove deer isle and add S2 Chernarus. It is quite obvious with a large queue on S1 when deer isle is open that people want Chernarus. It wont split the playerbase anymore than it already does with having deer isle as an option.

80 people on the Chernarus server is literally the limit before it becomes super unstable, driving becomes impossible to accomplish past 80 people on top of just the general lag you will see. I'm voting no purely for server stability reasons.

Ya'll taking the queue for granted. Back when I joined, you had to spam to get in, trust me, that was more annoying.

Keep queue as is, I voted no.

Queue is fucked up but increasing the player limit will just make the server lagg and shit. It's alraedy quite unstable now some times. Also like i said in some other topic they have no reason to open S2 chernarus. A big queue means that people will spend money on diamond.

Just wait until this whole Mr Moon wave dies out and you'll get to play without queue again and people will start opening threads about it being a 'dead server' again 🙂 

Edited by Husky.

I'll happily take less waiting time over tiny server stability issues. Life would be good if we could get more players in servers and have good stability but oh well. Maybe make s2 chernarus again? 

1 minute ago, Keeeru said:

-snip-

Ghosting issues, not feasible.

increasing the player cap by 20 would literally half the que time, the server unstability you guys are ranting about just wouldnt happen. The server right now is pretty stable compared to how it was a year ago, the dayz team has improved a lot of the stability.

i don't know what server you have been playing on but there is pretty frequent server crashes, normally relogging is fine but if you are in a pvp situation it can be really disturbing. Also having your the car that you were driving crash and blow up is never a fun thing.

pogchamp, if we dont increase size on server we will literally wait 45 minutes in queue till the server restarts

6 minutes ago, Mellstrom said:

increasing the player cap by 20 would literally half the que time, the server unstability you guys are ranting about just wouldnt happen. The server right now is pretty stable compared to how it was a year ago, the dayz team has improved a lot of the stability.

You're funny, I like you.

5 minutes ago, Husky. said:

i don't know what server you have been playing on but there is pretty frequent server crashes, normally relogging is fine but if you are in a pvp situation it can be really disturbing. Also having your the car that you were driving crash and blow up is never a fun thing.

In my eyes having 3 crashes a day is way better than the 7-9 crashes a day it used to be.

The car issue isnt dayzrp specific either, literally all the servers have that problem no matter the playercount.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You're funny, I like you.

quite the uneccecary comment, doesnt bring anything to the conversation. i was being serious in my reply and i suggest you would actually type something constructive about this since it seems you may know something the rest of us dont.

9 minutes ago, Mellstrom said:

-snip-

The server was at 100 players when the server wipe happened, performance was absolutely horrid, it get dropped to 90 players soon after and still performed poorly. There is no way to increase the server pop without completely hammering the performance into the ground.

7 minutes ago, Mellstrom said:

quite the uneccecary comment, doesnt bring anything to the conversation. i was being serious in my reply and i suggest you would actually type something constructive about this since it seems you may know something the rest of us dont.

My apoligies, I wasn't trying to be rude, just poking a bit of fun.

We aren't able to increase the server slots by 20, the reason being that we have tried that in the past, many times.

I believe the most recent time we tried was at the start of October IIRC, and we still had the same issues like before.

DayZ definitely has improved performance wise, and servers are able to support up to 80 players now, but upping it to 100 is not feasible without having an even laggier mess than 80 players already is.

So forgive me if I came off as rude, it just happens to be that a lot of people comment on these things when they have no idea what they are talking about.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

We aren't able to increase the server slots by 20, the reason being that we have tried that in the past, many times.

I believe the most recent time we tried was at the start of October IIRC, and we still had the same issues like before.

DayZ definitely has improved performance wise, and servers are able to support up to 80 players now, but upping it to 100 is not feasible without having an even laggier mess than 80 players already is.

So forgive me if I came off as rude, it just happens to be that a lot of people comment on these things when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Maybe the next best thing is to make chernarus 2 a thing again. Cause deer isle kinda sucks.

Just now, Quackipoo said:

Maybe the next best thing is to make chernarus 2 a thing again. Cause deer isle kinda sucks.

Give it a chance, it's got some nifty things.

Just now, Ducky said:

Give it a chance, it's got some nifty things.

Then how come its dead a lot of the time even though server 1 has a 30+ player que at all times pretty much.

Just now, Quackipoo said:

Then how come its dead a lot of the time even though server 1 has a 30+ player que at all times pretty much.

Cause people won't give it a chance.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

thx for the reply, if i may ask, Whats the main reason do you think why the server performance tanks after 80 players? Is it just the limitation of the game? Server hardware?

Just now, Mellstrom said:

thx for the reply, if i may ask, Whats the main reason do you think why the server performance tanks after 80 players? Is it just the limitation of the game? Server hardware?

Scripts I imagine.

Just now, Ducky said:

Cause no one wants to give a trash map a chance.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

In my opinion the map has been given a chance and majority of players agree from my experience that the map is not good, or at least not as good as chernarus is.

1 minute ago, Quackipoo said:

Cause no one wants to give a trash map a chance.

I don't know why people think Deer Isle is such a bad map, if my story wasn't currently tied to Chernarus I would play on Deer Isle a lot more. It's a much better change of pace compared to Chernarus, you can't just run around doing whatever you want in the cities because you actually have to be mindful of the infected around you, move too loudly and you're fighting off at least 5+ infected depending on where you are. The scenery is beautiful and even though it isn't a fully finished map it has a lot of promise for RP.

I'm going to quote Roland here about S2 being setup for Chernarus.

Thread can be found here: 

On 10/24/2019 at 9:25 AM, Roland said:

Regardless what map I put on S2, the queues for S1 will remain because people have their group members and bases there. The only solution is to draw more people to the second server and have people establish permanent group presence or base there. For this purpose Deer Isle is ideal, since it can successfully support smaller populations that S2 will undoubtedly have. The plan is to do events on S2 that will draw more people to the server. I will also be giving out free building materials to approved groups who are willing to build a base there.

Joining servers is no longer an option because we tried it before and it completely ruined server economy and performance:

1. Only one golden desert eagle spawns on each server
  2. Loot the one on S2
  3. Move it with your character to S1 and stash it there
  4. Now there are two eagles on S1 and none on S2, so S2 spawns new one
  5. Repeat X amount of items for 900 players we have active
  6. S1 has 2-3 times the loot it should, killing its performance. Also nothing spawns there anymore.
  7. Meanwhile S2 continues to respawn even rarest of items because they are taken from its economy
  8. Item economy and rarity is ruined, so is performance, forcing us to wipe S1 persistence including all bases
  9. Repeat

And with the state of DayZ for Max Performance with what we have going on we found 80 to be the best performance. Upping the slots will decrease server performance