Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 14:16 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Milo

Group specific outfits

Group Specific outfits   

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i would like to see implemented a group outfit that can be purchased through in game store. I was thinking of something in the lines of re textured uniforms that would be unique to said group, maybe a item with groups logo like armband or beret. i really would like to see this happen 

I really think it shouldn’t be monetised in anyway, what if someone in the group doesn’t want to it can’t afford to buy it, sadly this is wear the idea falls short and is where I am not a fan of it. 
With that being said I voted no  

I do understand where you are coming from i think that would be the best idea is free uniforms or item for said group as award or something for being active. It should be like if you are an approved group for 30 days you can ask an admin to make and design a uniform for you faction just like admin built settlement. I think this one is the best. What you think brother @noir

I would suggest after 30-60 days of being official and active, that the group gets one specific reskinned article of clothing, like a hat, armband or shirt (more specifically armband)

19 minutes ago, Milo said:

It should be like if you are an approved group for 30 days you can ask an admin to make and design a uniform for you faction just like admin built settlement.

I would agree with that.

Last time i had to buy a group spesific uniform, i lost the uniform alongside every other uniforms i bought and didnt get a refund. (i dont think it was under rules or anything, the group itself required it)

If it is a rule requirement the outfits should be free. if its a group own requirement you can do whatever you want.

Well with my experience with this its possible to already get specific clothing for your group.back when the group i am with corporation was still official we had are own unique armbands that you couldn't get unless you were part of the group it worked out really well on us and lst other people identify almost instantly with it.i like the idea of it if I find a picture of are old armband I'll post it in here to shoe you a example of what one could look like.

BYEE.jpg

Edited by Worldclass
Here's the best image I could get

4 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

Last time i had to buy a group spesific uniform, i lost the uniform alongside every other uniforms i bought and didnt get a refund. (i dont think it was under rules or anything, the group itself required it)

If it is a rule requirement the outfits should be free. if its a group own requirement you can do whatever you want.

I think it would be better if they are free and only given to approved groups that been approved for more then 30 days just like settlements 

Here is some examples of some of the event stuff I have done as well as some concepts for group insignia.

Event stuff:

Spoiler

Concept of the Eclipse Raiders jacket from Kirovograd, hasn't been added to the game as of late but may still be possible in the future as an event item. (Working with Loremasters on it)

20191006024832_1.jpg.30aca20211f682f463bc7385f514dbde.jpg

COBR Insignia on the black tactical jacket, this is currently in the game, this was requested by the loremaster team a long time ago, and is commonly found in police spawns, it does belong to the loregroup known as COBR, however the group itself is a Loremaster concept, and thus isn't a player made group per say.

20190618151354_1.jpg.42c05b0503b62ca9694db959e72877fd.jpg

Masked Terror outfit, many of you have probably heard radio posts about them, and probably even fought them, but the Terrors as some people refer to them have gotten more organized, and wear a specific uniform.

The helmet and the pants do not spawn and are event items only, everything else is in the base loot table, obviously helmets wont be made for player-made groups since it would be too OP to allow players to spawn in protective gear, however the pants is an example of group specific identification that is currently implemented for the event faction Masked Terrors.

20190621175714_1.jpg.86b45fb54414d772491b2ff67bf54628.jpg

Group Insignia Concept:

Spoiler

Made this as a showcase to Rolle back when I pitched the idea, this was the insignia for the group I was part of at the time. 31st NBCP, it never made it to the game, reasoning being that Rolle only wanted group armbands at the time, there is a version of this jacket with only the Chernarussian Flag on it which is currently in the game.

20190703220044_1.jpg.6837e08ae4f18b100068e63d201a58db.jpg

14 minutes ago, Worldclass said:

Well with my experience with this its possible to already get specific clothing for your group.back when the group i am with corporation was still official we had are own unique armbands that you couldn't get unless you were part of the group it worked out really well on us and lst other people identify almost instantly with it.i like the idea of it if I find a picture of are old armband I'll post it in here to shoe you a example of what one could look like.

BYEE.jpg

I like how it looks mos def stand out from others that would wear pink armbands. I really hope they implement something for us faction.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Here is some examples of some of the event stuff I have done as well as some concepts for group insignia.

Event stuff:

Reveal hidden contents

Concept of the Eclipse Raiders jacket from Kirovograd, hasn't been added to the game as of late but may still be possible in the future as an event item. (Working with Loremasters on it)

20191006024832_1.jpg.30aca20211f682f463bc7385f514dbde.jpg

COBR Insignia on the black tactical jacket, this is currently in the game, this was requested by the loremaster team a long time ago, and is commonly found in police spawns, it does belong to the loregroup known as COBR, however the group itself is a Loremaster concept, and thus isn't a player made group per say.

20190618151354_1.jpg.42c05b0503b62ca9694db959e72877fd.jpg

Masked Terror outfit, many of you have probably heard radio posts about them, and probably even fought them, but the Terrors as some people refer to them have gotten more organized, and wear a specific uniform.

The helmet and the pants do not spawn and are event items only, everything else is in the base loot table, obviously helmets wont be made for player-made groups since it would be too OP to allow players to spawn in protective gear, however the pants is an example of group specific identification that is currently implemented for the event faction Masked Terrors.

20190621175714_1.jpg.86b45fb54414d772491b2ff67bf54628.jpg

Group Insignia Concept:

Reveal hidden contents

Made this as a showcase to Rolle back when I pitched the idea, this was the insignia for the group I was part of at the time. 31st NBCP, it never made it to the game, reasoning being that Rolle only wanted group armbands at the time, there is a version of this jacket with only the Chernarussian Flag on it which is currently in the game.

20190703220044_1.jpg.6837e08ae4f18b100068e63d201a58db.jpg

Im really feeling it i wish i knew how to do it bc i would already start designing  the uniform. I see the possibilities on this and having uniformed faction would be great it would stop other group from impersonating your group and harming their rep on the server. 

>Clan skins in 2019 😂

3 minutes ago, Prince said:

>Clan skins in 2019 😂

OMG, I just remembered the whole ordeal from mod days about clan skins... 

Either way this thing could be done in the following way:

5-10 members - custom armband 

+10 or maybe even higher members custom top and pants

i like the idea, but forcing people to pay would be annoying. Instead being part of an approved group should give people acces to it. However the group shouldn't get any advantages by spawning in protective gear or having lots of item slots upon spawn.

Edited by Husky.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I like how it looks mos def stand out from others that would wear pink armbands. I really hope they implement something for us faction.

Im really feeling it i wish i knew how to do it bc i would already start designing  the uniform. I see the possibilities on this and having uniformed faction would be great it would stop other group from impersonating your group and harming their rep on the server. 

Gotta report that one.

As for preventing others from using your uniform, anyone is able to pick it up much like armbands, the only difference with group uniforms is that only your group can spawn it in.

Essentially, anyone can steal the uniforms if they want.

29 minutes ago, Husky. said:

i like the idea, but forcing people to pay would be annoying. Instead being part of an approved group should give people acces to it. However the group shouldn't get any advantages by spawning in protective gear or having lots of item slots upon spawn.

Much like you cannot buy protective gear in the itemshop, you likely will never be able to get protective gear with this system if it is ever implemented.

I like this idea. Having a system in place where the amount of group members or how long the group has been around (as some people don't like big groups) can get you a piece of clothing/item that is specific to your group for identification. 

There have been plenty of groups who could have used something like this before and I'm sure there will be other groups up and coming that could benefit from something like this.

The only thing is, shouldn't have to pay. 

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Gotta report that one.

As for preventing others from using your uniform, anyone is able to pick it up much like armbands, the only difference with group uniforms is that only your group can spawn it in.

Essentially, anyone can steal the uniforms if they want.

Much like you cannot buy protective gear in the itemshop, you likely will never be able to get protective gear with this system if it is ever implemented.

So in a sense it’d make it easier to impersonate a group then if it can just be yoinked and if it’s not reported, so in turn this could actually make breaking a rule easier? 
Would there be no way of locking it to a player like an XML, or is dayz not at that stage yet 

2 minutes ago, noir said:

So in a sense it’d make it easier to impersonate a group then if it can just be yoinked and if it’s not reported, so in turn this could actually make breaking a rule easier? 
Would there be no way of locking it to a player like an XML, or is dayz not at that stage yet 

At the current stage no.

Rolle experimented with a system that automatically put an armband on you assigned to your group, one that couldnt be taken off, however that never became anything I believe.

At the moment the options we have are armbands and clothing, and the only way we can limit them is by only allowing groups to spawn them in. Perhaps a small rule would need to be added regarding group specific uniforms if it does get added?

Yes.

20191026193654_1.jpg

But I also agree no, let people be people.

Edited by Billy

I mean its easy now to impersonate another group the differwnce is they can deny it  and say i didnt know you were using this color armband but the whole time they are out here fucking your name but if you have a uniform from an approved group on that you are not part of i think it would be easier to report and catch i would think

3 hours ago, Milo said:

impersonating groups is a mechanic that i doesn't need removal in my opinion, i'm pretty sure it is alraedy against the rules the impersonate them by saying you are part of a group when you are not. But acting like a certain group and letting the 'victim' make assumptions about who you are is something that adds a interesting part to rp in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, SullyDat said:

I would suggest after 30-60 days of being official and active, that the group gets one specific reskinned article of clothing, like a hat, armband or shirt (more specifically armband)

Yeah, that sounds good 👍

I'd love to see some more custom clothing. A custom uniform with that orange and red camo pattern would be very cool. Maybe some more urban styled camo clothes for a group that mostly works in the cities. 

We have a outfit option would be cool to see a use for it.

My question is tho. IF you were wearing another groups outfit. That group was friendly and never did any raids / Robberys. Lets say that 3 other guy were going arround in that groups outfit and robbing and raiding. Would that go under the Impersonating rule?