Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 18:10 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Milo

Outfits for groups

As the title says i would like to see  an outfit system for groups to create so faction that are playing military, police, medic and or whatever they are playing and want to keep it uniformed for rp reason. So i purpose is that each faction creates a uniform or outfit as they say if they want and it gets shown to admin and admin puts it on under outfit. The price for outfit should be a lil lower  then buying single pieces of clothes. Since the group would purchase them with time so if we die we can spawn in an entire uniform. Outfit would include shoes, top, bottom, face, head, and gloves. Can you imagine the type of rp there would be if groups looked organized such as potius cras, odezva, sss, nhf and the many other faction that created a uniform for there faction to rp that type of charcter. 

But what’s to stop me from wanting that same look? Say is someone wants jeans and a green rain jacket and a face mask but that’s my get up. 
Now means I have to stop wearing that to not be KOS’d in a fire fight or grabbed from the streets, 

Clan skins have always been wanted by the community and I do generally think they’ll be a good thing but maybe it should be custom designs added to the sleeve of a jacket or jumper. Like an XML type thing we had in the arma 2 days. 

Good idea but I think it needs fleshing out more. 
On the other hand is a cash cow forcing groups to all buy the same outfit otherwise they can’t be in the same group 

Edited by noir

I actually really like the idea of the shop having preloaded outfits that all spawn in at once.

However, I don't want groups to feel they need to buy it, or for players to buy it and 'share' with others. 

Also, don't want to enforce any form of a policy that others can't wear it, let that be handled ICly.

I don't at all mind putting in the effort of helping create these group-specific outfits, I've been in favor of having these kinds of things for as long as I can remember, however last time I brought it up with the big man @Roland he believed it was better to stick to group-specific armbands.

Perhaps his opinion has changed?

Like I said, I think it would be an amazing addition to have insignia among other things on group clothing, if at the very least on a jacket instead of a huge armband.

c3b8344aa0238d2c956c8287329481a3.png.c46616c252bbbe40b639877863664396.png.c8ed83a1a2b6db16e52666b21dbdc106.png

The Cavaliers, supporting uniformity since 2016.

Give us pith helmets!!!

Edited by Aristocrat

I think outfits were one thing that made DayzRP standout back in the day, where SDS, takistanis, NRF, Enclave and other old school groups when it was accessible would all be running around with the same outfits. 

Whether people want to buy them or not is up to the player, noone is forced to anything. 

Off topic, does any of the SOBR stuff still exist in DayzRP?

I have a few issues with your suggestion; like it's been mentioned above, you should not be expected to spend money to belong to a group; second problem is that outfits on organized groups are a mark of status, a testament to their supply lines/their scavengers/their quartermasters/their ability to not die and keep their gear in pristine condition. If you see a group of people with mixed/semi-random outfits, you can gauge their strength and, to a degree, their intentions; the same logic applies to a fully-kitted death-squad. If you just make it so that anyone can get to that point without having to work for it, while it looks cool, it also takes away from the role-play in my opinion.

As for outfits in general, @Roland told me that the feature was in the works but other, more critical matters were being worked on and that the outfit feature would most likely not see the light of day until next year.

Edited by Pontiff

I think what @noir  said about implementing a specific badge or icon of some sort for the specific group outfit so if someone does purchase said jacket it wouldnt be the same. I loving the pic @Aristocrat i would love to have a pic for our group. I dont like armband too much bc in a middle of a fire fight anyone can put the armband of the group they are fighting to infiltrate and kill unsuspecting members and also to stop people pretending they are other factions. Ive got reports of people breaking into bases and robbing people under our banner and there is nothing we can do about it. But if we are recognized around the map with a certain look and badge claiming who we are then it would be a lil harder for other to impersonate your group 

8 minutes ago, Pontiff said:

I have a few issues with your suggestion; like it's been mentioned above, you should not be expected to spend money to belong to a group; second problem is that outfits on organized groups are a mark of status, a testament to their supply lines/their scavengers/their quartermasters/their ability to not die and keep their gear in pristine condition. If you see a group of people with mixed/semi-random outfits, you can gauge their strength and to a degree, their intentions; the same logic applies to a fully-kitted death-squad. If you just make it so that anyone can get to that point without having to work for it, while it looks cool, it also takes away from the role-play in my opinion.

As for outfits in general, @Roland told me that the feature was in the works but other, more critical matters were being worked on and that the outfit feature would most likely not see the light of day until next year.

I disagree. There are some groups that would have supply lines and ability to keep equipment restocked through their lore background but can’t do so because of current game limitations. Potius is a prime example of this as the lore masters allowed them ( at least from my knowledge) to have helicopters and supply drops which were done through admin msgs. I know when I ran aegis they also allowed this. Military factions are another example. 

it’s kind of hard to find pristine uniforms by looting constantly and attempting to find the right piece. It would be nice to see group outfits. Maybe specific retextures of certain items or something. 

Edited by ZeroRP

Maybe we should make a poll on group outfits and we can work details out at a  later time what yall think. I made this post to see how people felt about the idea i think alot of people will like it. 

Edited by Milo

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Maybe we should make a poll on group outfits and we can work details out at a  later time what yall think. I made this post to see how people felt about the idea i think alot of people will like it. 

^^^^^^
Love it

In all seriousness, it would be a blessing if I didn't have to carry around 8-10 red wool coats in my backpack like some overly protective mother. Though I do think @Pontiff makes a rather astute point. One of my great joys in DayZRP is assembling and maintaining a well turned out group, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive or impactful if everyone could accomplish the same feat with the click of a button. Though perhaps there is compromise to be made between challenge and aestheticism. Instead of a whole outfit, groups could spawn in a key and distinguishing item at no cost.

Furthermore, I would be interested in seeing the mod team move towards creating unique, group specific clothing at some point in the future. Factions come and go like the wind but it would be nice to reward and encourage those that become a permanent fixture in-game; even if it's something as simple as an armband with the group logo on it.

Edited by Aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Aristocrat said:

In all seriousness, it would be a blessing if I didn't have to carry around 8-10 red wool coats in my backpack like some overly protective mother. Though I do think Pontif makes a rather astute point. One of my great joys in DayZRP is assembling and maintaining a well turned out group, it wouldn't be nearly as impressive or impactful if everyone could accomplish the same feat with the click of a button. Though perhaps there is compromise to be made between challenge and aestheticism. Instead of a whole outfit, groups could spawn in a key and distinguishing item at no cost.

Furthermore, I would be interested in seeing the mod team move towards creating unique, group specific clothing at some point in the future. Factions come and go like the wind but it would be nice to reward and encourage those that become a permanent fixture in-game; even if it's something as simple as an armband with the group logo on it.

Your group could have Top hats spawn in at no cost. Something like this?

Yes, precisely! ^

#GiveTheCavaliersTopHats #FreeRedCoatsForEveryone #GodSaveTheQueen

34 minutes ago, Pontiff said:

I have a few issues with your suggestion; like it's been mentioned above, you should not be expected to spend money to belong to a group; second problem is that outfits on organized groups are a mark of status, a testament to their supply lines/their scavengers/their quartermasters/their ability to not die and keep their gear in pristine condition. If you see a group of people with mixed/semi-random outfits, you can gauge their strength and, to a degree, their intentions; the same logic applies to a fully-kitted death-squad. If you just make it so that anyone can get to that point without having to work for it, while it looks cool, it also takes away from the role-play in my opinion.

We're talking base outfits here, as an example, imagine a CDF group.

Camoflauged Pants, Camoflauged Jacket (With Group Specific Insignia, 66th Chernobog as an example.) and finally a beret perhaps, or maybe not even.

This is very minimal, in no way will there ever be group specific plate carriers, helmets etc, unless it's for event stuff like the Terrors.

Just figured I would clarify that since you talk about supply lines, when in reality we are talking just a basic jacket and pants setup, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

-SNIP-

All gucci then, group outfits when?

Just now, Pontiff said:

All gucci then, group outfits when?

I say make a poll, or simply wait for the big man to respond, it's up to him at the end of the day, I am personally for this.

Also keeps me with things to do but that is a minor detail

15 minutes ago, Ducky said:

We're talking base outfits here, as an example, imagine a CDF group.

Camoflauged Pants, Camoflauged Jacket (With Group Specific Insignia, 66th Chernobog as an example.) and finally a beret perhaps, or maybe not even.

This is very minimal, in no way will there ever be group specific plate carriers, helmets etc, unless it's for event stuff like the Terrors.

Just figured I would clarify that since you talk about supply lines, when in reality we are talking just a basic jacket and pants setup, nothing more.

So technically we could have red wool coats with the Cavalier insignia emblazoned on them? Well, that's me bought and paid for. Bring forth group outfits!

Edited by Aristocrat

Would be fucking amazing if I didn't have to find white CUU pants and jackets constantly, godsend on a whole other level. Big +1, give me    C L O T H E S 

1 hour ago, Aristocrat said:

The Cavaliers, supporting uniformity

Have another Cavalier endorsement. It would be great not to have to carry around spare hats and gloves and boots just in case of an emergency.

Also give us pith helmets. Please. We need them.

I will make a poll just give me a moment just trying to figure out the wording for it 

there its is ladies and gentlemen lets see if we can make this happen 

But then let’s put this out there, what if my group doesn’t want a uniform and everyone wears something dif, are we now going to be forced to wear the same? 
This would be so easy if XML worked 

Not at all its your group you do what you want or yall can work with a devolper to make something specific for your group only.  So just to be clear this would not force any group to wear uniforms but it gives the people the option to do so i know alot of the guys in our group would like a uniform and alot of other factions as well would like it. So at the end it your decision but i say implement it and give people the option 

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Not at all its your group you do what you want or yall can work with a devolper to make something specific for your group only.  So just to be clear this would not force any group to wear uniforms but it gives the people the option to do so i know alot of the guys in our group would like a uniform and alot of other factions as well would like it. So at the end it your decision but i say implement it and give people the option 

As long as isn’t not forced on to any group (have to wear something to be in said group) I think it’s a great idea, I just wouldn’t want to see it monetised in anyway either