Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 14:34 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 5 hours, 25 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Gaden

Problem With Identifying Aggressors

So let's say I'm being chased and they can't catch me, but then they use a megaphone to tell me to initiate and I turn around and start shooting back, I shoot and kill two but die in the end and a report goes up that says something along the lines of me killing people that didn't initiate on me, for details on that I will elaborate better. 

(This is all hypothetical) The one that used the megaphone was in a group and thus they share rights, but I shot and killed one person that was in his group and another that was not in his group, and thus I didn't have defender rights because he had to separately initiate on me to gain rights against me and for me to use them against him.

So my question here is, would I be punished for shooting at and killing these two guys when there is no way I possibly could have known who was grouped with whom and who had attacker rights against me?

If the person you killed isn't in a group with the initiatiors then he would possibly still be in the Dynamic of the group and is "acting hostile" t words you, basically if the person is acting agressive or just relaxing near the people who initiated on you is a factor,, however i believe that things like this come down to a case by case basis, im not 100% but usually its up the staff handling the report.

But again, i wouldn't know 100% just my thoughts

9 hours ago, Gaden said:

So let's say I'm being chased and they can't catch me, but then they use a megaphone to tell me to initiate and I turn around and start shooting back, I shoot and kill two but die in the end and a report goes up that says something along the lines of me killing people that didn't initiate on me, for details on that I will elaborate better. 

(This is all hypothetical) The one that used the megaphone was in a group and thus they share rights, but I shot and killed one person that was in his group and another that was not in his group, and thus I didn't have defender rights because he had to separately initiate on me to gain rights against me and for me to use them against him.

So my question here is, would I be punished for shooting at and killing these two guys when there is no way I possibly could have known who was grouped with whom and who had attacker rights against me?

There are no shared attacker rights outside of a group.

This means that if an approved group is rolling around with 'tag-alongs' that are not members of their approved group, those tag-alongs do not share kill rights unless they initiate independently.

In the exact example you gave, given it came through a megaphone (Which is valid so long as its clear who it was they were initiating on, so lets not make it more complicated and say you were in an open field), you would not technically have defender rights against the tag-alongs, as they did not initiate. So yes, what you did in the hypothetical could certainly be considered to be an invalid kill. At the very same time however, this could also easily be seen as rules armor by the tag-alongs, who knowingly involved themselves in a hostile situation and clearly presented themselves as if they are on the side of the aggressors, and made themselves look like hostiles. So if they opened up a report, there is a chance they catch a ban for ruleplay and/or false report.

This is why things are contextual. The exact lay out of a situation makes all the difference. 

Sign in to follow this