Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 15:19 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Rawne85

Several Gameplay Questions

Hello to all, 

Firstly i am still very new to this but i have enjoyed the brief encounters in game so far. However there are a few things I am unsure about specifically relating to game mechanics really. I know i could likely google but i believe in going to the community first.

1. While exploring i have found fences inside doorways - are these build-able by anyone or do they require a specific mod outside of the 18 listed in the Workshop on Steam for dayzrp. I couldn't interact with them. Are the destructible?

2. Watching Mr Moon's video about 10 minutes ago i noticed a completely different inventory layout - again is this a mod that he uses? Is there a user friendly one people generally prefer to use if so?

3. I found a 3 pin combo lock on the floor as loot spawn before - are the default codes random or how do you set a code?

Apologies to anyone that think i should be googling this but as i say i am very new and want be involved here

Thank you

Joe

3 minutes ago, Rawne85 said:

Hello to all, 

Firstly i am still very new to this but i have enjoyed the brief encounters in game so far. However there are a few things I am unsure about specifically relating to game mechanics really. I know i could likely google but i believe in going to the community first.

1. While exploring i have found fences inside doorways - are these build-able by anyone or do they require a specific mod outside of the 18 listed in the Workshop on Steam for dayzrp. I couldn't interact with them. Are the destructible?

2. Watching Mr Moon's video about 10 minutes ago i noticed a completely different inventory layout - again is this a mod that he uses? Is there a user friendly one people generally prefer to use if so?

3. I found a 3 pin combo lock on the floor as loot spawn before - are the default codes random or how do you set a code?

Apologies to anyone that think i should be googling this but as i say i am very new and want be involved here

Thank you

Joe

1. The fences you speak of inside doorways are build able walls. They are a vanilla game object that you can construct.

2. Mr. Moon's video has footage that has been taken months ago. That means there are plenty of changes from then and now.

3. The combo locks let you set up any code to put on fence gates. You set the code by putting the lock in your hand and hold left click to change the code number and left clicking once to go to the next number.

Hello!

Question 1) You can build the wooden fences, you don't need an extra mod. They are certainly destructible, you build you will need a hammer or a hatchet, plus the appropriate amount of wood and nails. To destroy you need a hatchet, sledgehammer or axe.

Question 2) I know his video was recorded over a very long period of time, and quite some time ago. It is possible that his footage is from a different version of DayZ.

Question 3) You set the code with the lock in your hand, then attach it to a player-built wall. To open the lock again, you input the code that was on the lock when you placed it on the wall

Hope this helped!

Thank you for the double tap on replies!

I only had a knife when i encountered the fence before so that explains why i couldn't attack / destroy it. And nails.....something i have not found any of in game as yet.

I played around with the lock and was able to change the code easy enough with left mouse button but that was all i could do - so until you are in front of a lockable door/barrier no other action (like place/lock) will display then, do you need to re-scramble the code after you lock a barrier?

6 minutes ago, Rawne85 said:

Thank you for the double tap on replies!

I only had a knife when i encountered the fence before so that explains why i couldn't attack / destroy it. And nails.....something i have not found any of in game as yet.

I played around with the lock and was able to change the code easy enough with left mouse button but that was all i could do - so until you are in front of a lockable door/barrier no other action (like place/lock) will display then, do you need to re-scramble the code after you lock a barrier?

Itll automatically scramble the lock when you place it. Sometimes you have to press tab and drag the lock into the lock place on the fence!

Thanks again for the help Fae, hopefully i can actually get into this game as fully as i want now!

No problem! If you need any extra help, hop into the helpdesk on discord and our lovely support staff members will help you 😄