Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 20:41 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
LargePiece

Least intrusive IC ways to exit RP if your wife/husband/partner/imaginary friend etc tells you to go do the damn dishes!??

Obviously being able to play as long as you bloody well want without real life interrupting your fun would be the best solution! But if that'a not always the case, any ideas? I gather there's no OOC text tag for that kind of communication? Which is fine but I don't want to leave people feeling ripped off if I just stop responding in game...

Edited by LargePiece

Best thing to do is say things like: "Im gonna go meditate real quick, gonna go take a nap (usually means logging off universally as well as "im going to sleep"), or something of that nature. Took me a bit at first to learn how to say im logging for a bit as well. I guess you can always "//gotta go for a few" and log off but it just makes more sense to say the other things, also doesn't make it awkward when you go disappear behind a bush lmao. Good luck man!

Basically what @ImNovaaa said.  I'd also like to add if you're in a hostile situation, and you need to log you could type "//permission to log, I need to go to bed", or something along those lines. 

Like the others said, and if it's an emergency, then explain //Permission to Log, EMERGENCY" and if it's an actual EMERGENCY then please explain this to a staff member on Discord. We understand life comes first but communication is very important. 

Awesome thanks! Will hopefully find enough periods of decent length time to avoid such measures. 🙂 I think my preferred method of exiting a combat situation would be to run directly into enemy fire. I reckon that could be quite dramatic. 

You could do all the above but if my kitchen is on fire, im not waiting for permission. Ill take the points.

Real life should come first but ive seen people deny permissions to log which i think can be unreasonable 

You can put in an Appeal and explain the situation to staff through the Appeal. If a situation like that happens. Like I said before: Communication is important. 

31 minutes ago, andysuter said:

You could do all the above but if my kitchen is on fire, im not waiting for permission. Ill take the points.

Real life should come first but ive seen people deny permissions to log which i think can be unreasonable 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

8 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

You can put in an Appeal and explain the situation to staff through the Appeal. If a situation like that happens. Our staff is awesome! They will understand. 

No, we won't understand.

the fresh prince of bel air slap GIF

haha there you have it. 

"//perm to log" can be abused so much to avoid a situation you dont want to be in but sometimes RL takes precedence and its working out whats genuine and whats just avoiding RP. Like i said though, if my kitchens on fire, you can forget me asking for perms.

"is that the fire department? yes my kitchens on fire..... no, sorry, i cant leave the building, i need perms to log"

Just indicate with //

If your house is on fire then get the hell out of dodge and explain later, im sure whoever had intentions of reporting you will give in and understand

For small things like getting a drink, or going to look for something that you know will only take 2 min then I usually use things like "Ey hold on, I'm gonna to take a piss in that bush" or "Let me meditate for a second" If you're around friends or a calm environment. If you're in mid of a situation then usally if you just say "//I need to go afk, be back in 5" then that'll work to. As long as he people know or get an understanding that you're going AFK for a quick moment then all goes fine.

If you're in a situation and something big causes you to get away and even need to disconnect then asking for permission to log off is what you should do. Many people will understand and give you those perms to log off and do what you have to.

Like people mentioned, just say you are going to take a little nap. If you were planning on logging off and end up in a hostile situation then what i have personally done before is give the people who were holding me up a time frame, letting them now that i need to leave in say 10 minutes. This way they can take it into account and try to finish up the rp situation instead of you having to log off in the middle of it.

Thanks people. Some solid advice.

Had a good first session the other night! The mods on the server are pretty cool. I haven't played much with base building either. It seems like that's really added utility for groups. :):)