Server time (UTC): 2019-12-13, 04:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Padlock

Spawning in with a knife.

Newly spawned characters should have a small knife, like a steak or kitchen knife, when they enter that map for various reasons. Having a small weapon to be able to fight of zombies as well as an item that could allow you to kill off a character should the wrong character model be given. This would avoid many players from needing to run around for up to an hour trying to find something to kill their characters.

yeah, why not, +1

I'm indifferent. Either way is fine with me. I do see the appeal though. 

You can kill yourself with an open flare? Dunno, someone confirm it? 

Either way it's a no, you spawn next to a village, check around and you'll find a melee weapon or even guns immediately. 

Just now, Alan Woods said:

You can kill yourself with an open flare? Dunno, someone confirm it? 

Either way it's a no, you spawn next to a village, check around and you'll find a melee weapon or even guns immediately. 

Lately, you do not spawn with a flare. It's now a glow stick. At least for it has been a glow stick. 

correct if I'm wrong. 

+1. It's such a pain when you get a character model you don't want and the nearest town is 7 km (exaggeration). Especially with the queue being so long I don't want to have to change my model, exit and wait in a long ass queue.

1 minute ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Lately, you do not spawn with a flare. It's now a glow stick. At least for it has been a glow stick. 

correct if I'm wrong. 

Yes it's been a glow stick. DayZ Changed this for what ever reason.

+1. Hate spawning in the forest and get a female character model when I die, always have to hope no one finds me so I don't have to try and RP with a mismatched character model, name and voice.

Edited by Mintei
Grammar

I don't really see the need for this. When you die there is a simple fix of logging out and changing character model before pressing respawn.

Plus a knife isn't the hardest thing to find ive found several on spawning in. 

I remember that we used to spawn with a sharpened rock in our inventory, this isn't much different; considering that we're still not able to pick our character model reliably, it would save everyone some time in my opinion.

43 minutes ago, Pontiff said:

I remember that we used to spawn with a sharpened rock in our inventory, this isn't much different; considering that we're still not able to pick our character model reliably, it would save everyone some time in my opinion.

Like @Voodoo stated above, picking a model is not unreliable. When you die, just exit, and switch to the right model. If you spawn in as the wrong model, it’s entirely your fault. People will abuse the knife to try and get a good spawn, just like they abused the flare. 

8 hours ago, Voodoo said:

When you die there is a simple fix of logging out and changing character model before pressing respawn.

Good luck doing that with a 30 man queue. Like if I die I stop playing till the next day cause fuck waiting an hour to spawn as a freshy.

9 hours ago, GunRunnee02 said:

it's been a glow stick. DayZ Changed this for what ever reason.

We changed that.

5 hours ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Like @Voodoo stated above, picking a model is not unreliable. When you die, just exit, and switch to the right model. If you spawn in as the wrong model, it’s entirely your fault. People will abuse the knife to try and get a good spawn, just like they abused the flare. 

Yeah I get that, but like @AndreyQ mentioned above, if for whatever reasons you don't have the 'right' character model during peak hours, you're screwed. How can we demand of our players to use character models coherent with their character page if the only way to do so is to either give up on playing for the day or spend 5 - 10 minutes trying to find something to kill yourself with so you can cycle your model once? I understand where you're coming from, but a few people abusing the system for a significant QoL improvement is a trade-off I personally am willing to make.

Edited by Pontiff

@Padlock if you want to kill yourself try one of these ways:

1) Run into someone and insult him (die in a fun way!)

2) In the animations wheel, go to injury, and then "fall unconscious", or something like that. It will allow you to respawn.

OR 3) Find some Zeds and mess with them.  😛

i can see why people would want to spawn with a knife but i dont know when you first spawn its not to hard to find a house with something in it to use as a weapon.The thing i can see people using it the most for is killing them selves to get a better spawn or character change