Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 02:23 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Crim

Make S2 Chernarus?

S2 Chernarus?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately Deer Isle isn't getting much attention, which is a shame.  People would rather sit in a queue to get on S1, compared to hopping on S2 - Deer Isle.
Personally I would like it if S2 Chernarus was a separate hive, but I do think that having S2 on the map that the majority, not the minority want to play is more beneficial to the community as a whole.

Edited by Crim

I completely agree with this, as interesting as the new deer island map is, it would be more beneficial to make s2 the standard map promoting more use of it. Making the s2 also it's own hive would completely remove any worry about ghosting issues arising. 

People will/can influx where they need or want to be and it will definitely stabilize the population on both servers 🙂 I just can't be fucked waiting in a long ass queue to play - separate hive is nice because it can promote different group dynamics (if your main is S1) and it will prevent ghosting. Has my vote.

While I see where you are coming from with the suggestion, I hate to point out that even changing the map would most likely not achieve any change for the following reasons:

1. People build their bases mostly on S1 because S2 always runs the threat of being shut down again, including the bases people have invested much time in.
2. DayzRP is the most group based community I know of. Everything is about group politics and where they are. So people want to play with their group and groups interact mainly on S1 with each other.

Point is, even if S2 is the Chernarus map, the groups, the bases and the RP are on S1 so very little would be gained from that.

its really not gonna happen mate, as much as we all want it to its really not. And i'll be honest with the influx of players at the moment the amount of money that is being made from people either out right buying diamond or the monthly plan to jump the que must be massively high right now. So money is being made, why would "dayzrp" want to stop making that money. 

the ghosting rule will be claimed as such, but we have rules for that and staff are more then capable of dealing with them 

nothing will change, I wish it will but it wont 

Edited by noir

I'm enjoying Deer Isle quite a bit, honestly. I know there's not a ton of people on, but considering the size of the map, and the density of high loot along the coastline near spawn I'm pretty much always enjoying RP. That's more than I can say for Chernarus, which even close to capacity I can struggle to find people to talk to and hang out with. 

I Voted no, here's why

-People who have to deal with smart ass's who say to you "I have roamed Chernarus for months and haven't seen or heard about you" (Despite knowing that you come from S1)

-Ghosting, this was a problem and its a something people will use to raid bases or use in combat situations.

-And it will be used to get Gear. 

11 minutes ago, GunRunnee02 said:

I Voted no, here's why

-People who have to deal with smart ass's who say to you "I have roamed Chernarus for months and haven't seen or heard about you" (Despite knowing that you come from S1)

-Ghosting, this was a problem and its a something people will use to raid bases or use in combat situations.

-And it will be used to get Gear. 

The gearRP server can be eliminated by Rolle bringing back the feature where S2 only unlocks when S1 reaches 70 players for example.

I have heard players express distaste for both map. Personally, I like the variety. I say keep it as Deer Island.

Forget what I said! To Hell with Deer Isle. Bring back Chernarus 2 but on a difference Hive! 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

All I'll say is that it would be nice if we could just commit to one plan for S2 going forward. 

Also I like the idea of a separate hive due to the fact we would all know it would be impossible to ghost or search for farm gear on one to go to the other, despite the fact it would be a pretty large inconvenience anytime you couldn't make it on S1.

my feelings regarding this are, with the current queue many of our members are right now CBA with waiting in a 2 hour lineup to get in game. which is hurting our groups. 
It's a massive problem for progressing story, it is a massive problem for large groups to try and maintain their status as a group. lets bring back S2 chernarus. deer isle isn't even finished  

1 hour ago, Crim said:

The gearRP server can be eliminated by Rolle bringing back the feature where S2 only unlocks when S1 reaches 70 players for example.

I like this idea, keep the population of S1 high and when it gets close to full open S2. I also think S2 should be Chernarus personally, just don't really like Deer Isle.

Edited by Mintei

not much will change

if a group has a base on s1 then have to switch to s2 cause server is full they base aint gonna be there

and we know if a group doesnt have they base that mean they arent getting ingame.

This was done before once. It split the community between two servers that were half full. This isn't something that we want to happen again. Which is why S2 is on a different map. I feel that it is fine as it is currently because the new map will be coming out here soon early November, so that will be a new server that we have up which will be a new experience for players. That is my opinion on this matter and how I feel about it 

What Randy said, it'll probably be something new and S2 might turn into the next S1 Chernarus. 

Fixing the server now for it to change shortly in the future just doesn't seem feasible since November is just around the corner. 

I say keep it how it is, sometimes having two separate "lives" is fun instead of roaming around Chernarus packed with two large tents and not being able to swap to another "life"

2 hours ago, Pepper said:

With the current queue many of our members are right now CBA with waiting in a 2 hour lineup to get in game. which is hurting our groups. 
It's a massive problem for progressing story, it is a massive problem for large groups to try and maintain their status as a group.

I couldnt agree more, I myself have had the same thoughts about being in a queue for up to an hour, I know a couple of my friends have invested in diamond premium to get around this major spike in population. Hope to see a second chernarus server up and running to solve this. Dont think i can bring myself to go diamond premium 😂

Edited by Frenchie

3 hours ago, Randy said:

This was done before once. It split the community between two servers that were half full. This isn't something that we want to happen again. Which is why S2 is on a different map. I feel that it is fine as it is currently because the new map will be coming out here soon early November, so that will be a new server that we have up which will be a new experience for players. That is my opinion on this matter and how I feel about it 

I'm confused as to why it matters if it Chernarus. In an alternate universe if Deer Isle did become popular how does that not also split the community between two servers?

I have also heard splits between s1 and s2 chernarus were due to RP climate on S1 which is totally unrelated to the map.

My last point I suppose would be it isn't much of a split if 80 people are on S1 and there is a 40 man queue. That 40 could go on S2 and S1 could still be full.

Edited by Glitch

11 hours ago, Randy said:

We have had on multiple days now a queue of up to 75 players. There is no split off the server half and half we have enough people wanting to be on Chernarus that we could fill up two full servers.

We used to have five if not 6 servers a long time ago, the community can do this.

17 minutes ago, RedSky said:

We have had on multiple days now a queue of up to 75 players. There is no split off the server half and half we have enough people wanting to be on Chernarus that we could fill up two full servers.

We used to have five if not 6 servers a long time ago, the community can do this.

Only a minority queues up for S1 because they dislike Deer Island. The majority does so, because S1 contains their groups, bases, friends and everyone they have a story going on with. Heck, I really like deer island but would always take the 30 persons queue because why would I log into S2 if I urgently need to do stuff with people on S1? 

S2 is currently only interesting for lonewolves, loot collecters and people without a story line tied to other people that are based on S1. Switching the map will not change that.
If S2 is suppose to attract more people than the previously mentioned ones, its necessary to make S2 more attractive by f.e. groups settleing down there or making the upcoming trader outpost exclusively on S2.

Tl;dr: Its not a map issue, its an issue where the RP is.

7 minutes ago, Malet said:

Only a minority queues up for S1 because they dislike Deer Island. The majority does so, because S1 contains their groups, bases, friends and everyone they have a story going on with. Heck, I really like deer island but would always take the 30 persons queue because why would I log into S2 if I urgently need to do stuff with people on S1? 

S2 is currently only interesting for lonewolves, loot collecters and people without a story line tied to other people that are based on S1. Switching the map will not change that.
If S2 is suppose to attract more people than the previously mentioned ones, its necessary to make S2 more attractive by f.e. groups settleing down there or making the upcoming trader outpost exclusively on S2.

Tl;dr: Its not a map issue, its an issue where the RP is.

Perhaps I worded it wrong, I wasn't implying it was a map issue by saying people wanna be in Chernarus, I was implying their story is in Chernarus

12 hours ago, Randy said:

This was done before once. It split the community between two servers that were half full. 

Only open S2 when S1 is full. 

/solved.

Voted option 1, compared with the suggestion from Ron:

"Only open S2 when S1 is full"

/solved.

1 hour ago, Ron said:

Only open S2 when S1 is full. 

/solved.

Facts^

Have S2 open when S1 is full. Sure it will mostly be used for looting, but you do realize that if people can't loot on S2 they do it on S1 right? It's a lot better if the looters go to S2 and loot instead of taking up a slot for someone that would roleplay instead 

This is actually one of the reasons why i do not play much currently. Even if i were sit in the 1 hour queue to play I would just be taking up a valuable spot for someone that probably would have more fun then me. So i'll take the L on that one

Edited by NozzyRP

I think Deer Isle is getting a fair amount of attention, yesterday it peaked at 30 players, which for its size is not too shabby and definitely playable.

Regardless what map I put on S2, the queues for S1 will remain because people have their group members and bases there. The only solution is to draw more people to the second server and have people establish permanent group presence or base there. For this purpose Deer Isle is ideal, since it can successfully support smaller populations that S2 will undoubtedly have. The plan is to do events on S2 that will draw more people to the server. I will also be giving out free building materials to approved groups who are willing to build a base there.

Joining servers is no longer an option because we tried it before and it completely ruined server economy and performance:

1. Only one golden desert eagle spawns on each server
  2. Loot the one on S2
  3. Move it with your character to S1 and stash it there
  4. Now there are two eagles on S1 and none on S2, so S2 spawns new one
  5. Repeat X amount of items for 900 players we have active
  6. S1 has 2-3 times the loot it should, killing its performance. Also nothing spawns there anymore.
  7. Meanwhile S2 continues to respawn even rarest of items because they are taken from its economy
  8. Item economy and rarity is ruined, so is performance, forcing us to wipe S1 persistence including all bases
  9. Repeat

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

-Snip-

Was unaware of such issues with loot tables and performance on the two servers etc.. With this info it does make more sense to keep S1 and S2 on separate maps/hives whatever. Even if one has considerably lower population, hopefully these panned events will help that.

Edited by Mintei