S2: 3.1, 3.5, 4.4 - 10/22/19 - 23:10

Server and location: S1, Deer Isle, Underground school complex in Stonington

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 22:40, 10/22/19

Your in game name: Ivo Zacpal

Names of allies involved: Ashven Davis @Ulthel

Name of suspect/s: @Drake

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Timestamp is located at: 49:29 - 56:34

Detailed description of the events: @Ulthel and I are cruising through Stonington and decided to pay the dudes in the underground school house a visit, since we had talked and roleplayed with them yesterday, we arrive and see the main area boarded up (around 30:00), after that we begin lurking around trying to find and see if anyone is nearby and also trying to find one of our allies in the area, who maintained little involvement in the entire thing besides being in the general area, this person was @n0mi, we find him later in the VOD.

After telling @n0mi to take his shit off and get actually decent stuff to wear to represent our group, he proceeds on his way and @Ulthel and I begin hearing noises underneath us including building stuff and we attempt to keep ourselves in character during the time as we make our way down there to go and see what's good, we eventually find out the alternative entrance is located where we go down and begin staking the place out, (39:00, also I accidentally say In Character instead of Out of Character). We drop down at 39:30 and begin the stake out. From 39:30 to 47:12 we just look down the hallway and try to get a general map of where everyone is located as we hear them running around everywhere doing things below us. From that point on, from 47:12 to 49:31 we're just clearing rooms and looking for them, only to find out they're lower in the building.

At 49:31 is where we get our first visual confirmation and I didn't notice him at first when I came down the stairs but quickly came to realize he was there, you can hear me say "Got one" in character, with Ashven behind me saying "On you." or something like that, also at 50:10 I say that I could kill him if I wanted through initiation with him being AFK and not complying but, I didn't want to ruleplay and kill someone AFK so I patiently waited for any movement from him so I could engage in RP which, at 50:20-50:22 he did move his head slightly but I didn't catch it, also with me knowing that there was multiple other people in the compound I didn't want to just flat out yell at him to throw his hands up, I wanted to be make sure we could take him silently and away from everyone else as a hostage if I needed to.

Also at 50:20-50:22 is why I think he was meta gaming, exposing our location and looking at us so he could give his friends a better view, I'll return back to that later.

At 51:42 Ashven says something IC along the lines of "I'm gonna clear out these rooms", At around 52:00 you can hear me making a few comments about the quality of his mic in game, at 52:40 we continued to roleplay and talk IC etc, the reason I'm posting this is because we both attempted our best to keep our conversation and our radios in character to the best of our abilities. Also around 53:00 I was even complaining about how long it was taking him to come back. At 54:14, I initiate.

At 55:26 onward you can begin to hear and see his friend start scoping us out and looking directly at his position and my position, which is why I think that he was talking to his friends OOC and telling them exactly where we are at, it's so evident that you can even see this directly at 55:52 where he stops right at the doorway and then looks towards my direction at 56:00. From that point on I'm gatted by @Drake and @Ulthel gats one or both of them, I don't know. I exited the channel directly afterwards and contemplated staff help before going and seeking it, after that I went into help desk with @Inferno and then was greeted by @Fae, they then drag in @Drake who was still alive and in a gunfight with @Ulthel, after @Drake dies, he joins the help desk and proceeds to attempt and intimidate me (I guess?) and generally didn't care about what he did was wrong and even attempted to spin it on my several times throughout the entire conversation, soon after @Randy and @Hofer joins and he admits to eating his dinner in front of his computer, avoiding rp and just staring at us. This is also another comment that gives credit to the possible meta game aforementioned earlier.

From that point, I decide to report as his behavior wasn't something that DayZRP really condones and the whole situation could've been dealt with better, throughout the entire conversation with @Drake, he kept mentioning why didn't I kill him or tie him up, simply because I wanted to RP and didn't want to get a report for possible KOS-Roleplayed or a ruleplay against me.

Edited by SullyDat
removed XDRP, he had nothing to do with this situation

My POV: we entered the base from the industrial hatch entrance, and were clearing floor looking for the players in the compound to raid/ RP with. After checking the top floor we move down to the first floor and find someone AFK in a corner. We didn't really hear anyone else at the time so I was clearing the rooms behind us as Ivo watched the AFK guy. When I was clearing the last room I heard movement, so I moved into a position to watch the staircase far from the AFK guy. I reported  that I heard a clicking noise like a mag was being loaded and footsteps although I couldn't be sure if it was from above or below. a couple minutes later I hears Ivo initiate on someone very loudly and turn around to see the man who was AFK suddenly pull out a gun and kill Ivo. 

After Ivo dies I'm involved in a firefight where I kill the guy who was initiated on second, retreat to a corner room where I can bandage, eat, and drink, and then start reporting my position over the radio. After several minutes the man who was AFK unlocks the door, tries to shoot me through the door but it doesn't work, so he runs in and we both kill each other. 

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

22:08:31 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" is connected
- Dead -
22:47:17 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" has been disconnected

21:03:28 | Player "Josh Day" is connected
- Dead -
22:47:37 | Player "Josh Day" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

22:30:34 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" hit by Player "Josh Day" with M4A1 from 6.69683 meters 
22:30:34 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" hit by Player "Josh Day" with M4A1 from 6.41022 meters  
22:30:36 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" hit by Player "Josh Day" with M4A1 from 5.84523 meters 
22:30:36 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" hit by Player "Josh Day" with M4A1 from 6.74329 meters 
22:30:36 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" hit by Player "Josh Day" with M4A1 from 6.74329 meters 

22:30:36 | Player "Josh Day" hit by Player "Ivo Zacpal" with AKM from 5.66573 meters

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

22:30:36 | Player "Ivo Zacpal" (DEAD) killed by Player "Josh Day" with M4A1 from 5.84523 meters 

22:47:05 | Player "Josh Day" (DEAD) killed by Player "Ashven Davis" with M4A1 from 4.19685 meters

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:
@SullyDat | Ivo Zacpal | OP
@Drake | Josh Day | POSTED

Counter Report

2.3 Be a good sport. Do not focus on PvP aspect of the game and attack everything that moves just because you can or are good at it. Remember that not many players will enjoy being constantly attacked, therefore you should not dominate other groups or players into submission to a point where they can no longer accomplish their regular role play or enjoy the game.

You have attacked us two times within twenty four hours, I've also heard your group robs anything that moves, which is unfair as people like to enjoy the game without being attacked. The day before you robbed us, and you've decided to come back because you know we are low in numbers - when ideally, we'd like to get our base setup however you still come back and decide to Rob us again for the second time within twenty four hours.

Also lying in a report: In no way did I intmidate you, you're trying to find ways to get me done for harassment, I was compliant as ever and was asking you to explain yourself regarding OOC hate whilst I had you OOCly in a channel where I could talk to you. If you think that is intimidation, wait until you're working and are dealing with tricky clients or whatever you want to do when you're older. I didn't threaten you, I didn't harass you, I answered your questions and the admins questions, then asked you a question. You were also laughing and joking along with @Fae towards the end so you obsiously weren't intimidated. "frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants." in no way did I do this.

To be honest it should be the other way around as @Fae was being stern with me and joking around with you, so if anyone should feel intimidated, it should be me. But I was not which I also see as unfair in my opinion but hey-ho.

POV

My dinner was ready so I went downstairs and grabbed it, I made my way back up and sat down at my computer desk, placed my dinner to the left of me on my L shaped desk, I tucked into my dinner. No one was there so I proceeded to eat my dinner until two guys roll up and I continue eating as my headset was off. I continue eating and watching them as they proceed to interact with me, I don't respond as I am eating my dinner which I consider is a priority over DayZ, I continue eating until I notice my an accomplice stumble across the man. I panic when I see a weapon get raised at the man and proceed to shoot the first man as I'm in a dynamic group with him as we had recently roleplayed before dinner and the man had initiated on me. I kill him and the firefight continues. I die in the process.

• I don't see how I metagamed as my headset was off whilst eating dinner. And you were using your microphone in game so he possibly could of heard that?

• People go AFK all the time in corners and spots, I don't see the problem with it and I wouldn't of minded if you killed me for not complying because you did have a gun at me and gave me thirty seconds. (However next time I know to log off to avoid this situation)

6 hours ago, Drake said:

Counter Report

2.3 Be a good sport. Do not focus on PvP aspect of the game and attack everything that moves just because you can or are good at it. Remember that not many players will enjoy being constantly attacked, therefore you should not dominate other groups or players into submission to a point where they can no longer accomplish their regular role play or enjoy the game.

You have attacked us two times within twenty four hours, I've also heard your group robs anything that moves, which is unfair as people like to enjoy the game without being attacked. The day before you robbed us, and you've decided to come back because you know we are low in numbers - when ideally, we'd like to get our base setup however you still come back and decide to Rob us again for the second time within twenty four hours.

Also lying in a report: In no way did I intmidate you, you're trying to find ways to get me done for harassment, I was compliant as ever and was asking you to explain yourself regarding OOC hate whilst I had you OOCly in a channel where I could talk to you. If you think that is intimidation, wait until you're working and are dealing with tricky clients or whatever you want to do when you're older. I didn't threaten you, I didn't harass you, I answered your questions and the admins questions, then asked you a question. You were also laughing and joking along with @Fae towards the end so you obsiously weren't intimidated. "frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants." in no way did I do this.

To be honest it should be the other way around as @Fae was being stern with me and joking around with you, so if anyone should feel intimidated, it should be me. But I was not which I also see as unfair in my opinion but hey-ho.

POV

My dinner was ready so I went downstairs and grabbed it, I made my way back up and sat down at my computer desk, placed my dinner to the left of me on my L shaped desk, I tucked into my dinner. No one was there so I proceeded to eat my dinner until two guys roll up and I continue eating as my headset was off. I continue eating and watching them as they proceed to interact with me, I don't respond as I am eating my dinner which I consider is a priority over DayZ, I continue eating until I notice my an accomplice stumble across the man. I panic when I see a weapon get raised at the man and proceed to shoot the first man as I'm in a dynamic group with him as we had recently roleplayed before dinner and the man had initiated on me. I kill him and the firefight continues. I die in the process.

• I don't see how I metagamed as my headset was off whilst eating dinner. And you were using your microphone in game so he possibly could of heard that?

• People go AFK all the time in corners and spots, I don't see the problem with it and I wouldn't of minded if you killed me for not complying because you did have a gun at me and gave me thirty seconds. (However next time I know to log off to avoid this situation)

To start off, with the "counter  report" for 2.3, it is to my knowledge you're a dynamic and not even apart of their group as you put in your own response quoted here, and when I spoke to both group members involved, they both stated you have been in the group for a minimal amount of time, speaking of group members let get onto that shall we?

During my 12 hour VOD which you attempted to report me for OOC hate over, in it you can detail the entire encounter of us taking your two friends, and later, a third one, at gun point. During this entire situation there was a crucial amount of roleplay that lead up to our second involvement which you're attempting to spin off as us 2.3'ing you and your group. In this roleplay in which both @Padlock and @Nick Wilde were apart of, in this situation we, Odezva, hunted them down due to their clothing and armbands, which are commonly associated with the group (OOC: The Vultures, ICly: Vladimir's people), and we assumed they were members of it; after speaking to them, they were obviously not them and didn't represent the cold calculated Ravens that we've all come to know and love. In this situation, we learn of two other friends that were "awake" at the time and speaking over the radio, one of these was you, in which you refused to come down and give yourself up within 2 minutes or your friends would perish, luckily for them, I prioritize roleplay over kill rights and I didn't kill your friends, matter a fact, we stole nothing from them, making our entire hostile encounter just that, a hostile encounter. They retained all their gear in exchange for all their information that they could muster. Now, this leads us to the current situation;

@Ulthel and I get on in order to begin patrolling the coastline with the rest of the boys but they weren't able to get on till later, so instead we head on over to where we knew people could be located at, stonington, in my original report and my entire VOD you can see the whole process etc. Our intention was not to rob them or to hurt them or to even initiate on them, but that all changed whenever we found fortifications open and a back gate open. Three things ran through my head, 1) was, ya'll are being raided currently, 2) you were raided or 3) you're setting up. With the amount of foot steps we heard as we waited for nearly 15+ minutes, option 2) and 3) were thrown out as it was less than logical to deduce the fact that someone would leave their back door open for that long of a period, so we systematically cleared the halls before we came upon you, someone we didn't recognize from yesterday and also upon @Nick Wilde, who, even thought he was wearing the same exact clothing, had faded into obscurity until I heard his voice. 

At the moment I heard his voice I was apprehensive, but still not knowing what's going on, continued to regurgitate the same line "show me your hands", that is when you gatted me and the gunfight ensued. Also, to note, we left everything where it was located after the gun fight, only taking what we needed off of the bodies and went on our way.

Also I have spoken extensively with @Nick Wilde and @Padlock OOCly and they're completely understanding of the situation to the point that I don't wish to pursue any actions/report against them, that being said, both of them have stated to me that they don't view this as 2.3 and they were attempting to RP themselves until you cut it short by opening fire on us.

Let us get onto lying in a report, when you were first pulled into the room by @Inferno, you did indeed intimidate me as you were acting condescending and careless about the situation, I gained confidence again whenever @Fae got on you about your carelessness about the situation and how you were treating the situation and with your attitude, also it did help me when @Hofer and then @Randy then joined the channel afterwards, for what reason, I really don't know.

And ontop of lying in a report, apparently what you're accusing me of is actually what you yourself are at fault for, as in this clip here; https://plays.tv/video/5dafc9c0a09843bc6a/stuff not only does it collaborate towards my accusation of meta game even further as @Padlock asks right as it starts "What floor were they on?", you said  "I don't see how I metagamed as my headset was off whilst eating dinner. And you were using your microphone in game so he possibly could of heard that?" which is clearly lying in a report as you're seen talking in this video and from their location at the gym, were too far to hear me in whisper range, or to even hear us open doors or our footsteps.

Also @Realize I've edited the original report to remove XDRP, as he wasn't involved in the situation, I got the wrong individual, who I meant to put was @Nick Wilde but I'm no longer pursuing a punishment against him as he's been more than welcome to talk it out with me alongside @Padlock. So I'll edit the original report to remove XDRP from it. The whole mix up comes from me going to The Quarantined roster and finding Gaius, the character that XDRP used to play, and accidentally thinking that was @Nick Wilde, as his character's name is *Darius*. However I still wish to pursue a report against @Drake.

It's also quite beneficial to call in @Nick Wilde and @Padlock, maybe as witnesses as they were in the same discord call as @Drake. Specifically, the clip linked above is @Padlock's. Also might want to talk to @Inferno and @Fae about the encounter in voice chat.

All in all, this "Counter report" and the OOC hate report you've posted against me seems like a false report which can be construed as an attempt to bring me down with you.

Edited by SullyDat

SUMMARY: 

@SullyDat and @Ulthel enter the underground base at Stonington, knowing there was people trying to settle there. They begin to clear the rooms in the underground school and eventually bump into @Drake, who is sitting apparently AFK in a corner of the school. @SullyDat aims his weapon, but realising @Drake is AFK, gives him time to move or speak before he initiates. After around five minutes, @SullyDat approaches @Drake and quietly initiates. @Drake does not respond, so @SullyDat keeps an eye on him whilst @Ulthel clears the rooms behind. @Nick Wilde then approaches the area, and @SullyDat initiates on him as well, telling him to put his hands up. @Nick Wilde complies, but @Drake shoots @SullyDat dead.

RULEBREAKS:

@Drake:

8 hours ago, Drake said:

I continue eating and watching them as they proceed to interact with me, I don't respond as I am eating my dinner which I consider is a priority over DayZ

I would like to point you to the following rule:

Spoiler

3.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.

You admit to seeing @SullyDat and @Ulthel approach, and try to interact, but instead ignored their attempts, even when initiated on. You ignore them until they initiated on @Nick Wilde, upon which you suddenly return to shoot @SullyDat

8 hours ago, Drake said:

I don't see how I metagamed as my headset was off whilst eating dinner.

8 hours ago, Drake said:

two guys roll up and I continue eating as my headset was off.

We have video and audio evidence HERE of you talking in an OOC chat (discord or teamspeak) whilst apparently 'AFK'. You are specifically heard saying the following:
"He is waiting for me to come back"
"If he asks me to come back, tell him to fuck off, I'm eating food"

You were both aware @SullyDat and @Ulthel were in front of you, and clearly had your headset on as you were speaking to your teammates OOCly. You blatantly claim you're going to ignore them trying to talk to you, and that they are waiting for you to return. You are aware they have initiated on you. You lied in your POV, claiming repeatedly you didn't have your headset on, when the evidence shows otherwise. You were speaking to your friends whilst @SullyDat was waiting for you to return, letting them know they were there, after which @Nick Wilde approaches. None of this information was 'double miced' as per the following rules:

Spoiler
  • 3.5 Metagaming is transferring information between Out of Character (OOC) and In Character (IC), despite there being no realistic way of characters or players gaining this information. This includes, but is not limited to:
  1. Your character knowing someones name because you saw it in the game chat or met them before on a different character
  2. Using player live streams to find out where people are in game or gaining other information that is found in the stream
  3. Using forum OOC content like media threads to gain information about groups or bases
  4. Sharing or gaining information through OOC communications when not permitted as per rule 3.6 below:
  • 3.6 Using OOC communications like Discord, TeamSpeak or others to transmit or receive information related to in game situations is only allowed when you have a personal radio item in your inventory. As soon as your character loses the ability to speak or use the radio - for example has died, is unconscious, has been gagged, is surrendering (F1 or F2 animation), is handcuffed or had your radio item or clothing containing it removed from your inventory - you may not receive or transmit any in game information through OOC communications. While in presence of other players all such communication should also be transmitted in game using "double mic" mechanic. This means transmitting both through in game VOIP and external software simultaneously.

In short, you blatantly ignored another community members attempt to roleplay with you until he initiated on your friend, who approached on metagamed information. Upon the initiation on your ally, you immediately return to the game and shoot @SullyDat dead. This entirely unacceptable, as you ignored roleplay until it was convenient for you to kill someone, prioritising kill rights over any actual roleplay, and prioritising OOC events over in game situations, despite being entirely aware of said situation. 

Yes, people do go AFK in game. They do so at their own risk and @SullyDat would have been well within his rights to shoot you for not complying to his demands. However, he gave you ample chance to return, realising you were perhaps not at your keyboard at the time and he wanted to give you chance to roleplay. What we do not tolerate is you watching the entire situation whilst apparently 'AFK' and ignoring the events taking place until they benefited you. This is unacceptable behaviour from a community member.

EVIDENCE:

Spoiler

SUGGESTIONS:

@Drake:

• Log out if you know you have to be 'AFK' for some time.
  • Prioritise roleplay at all times, do not ignore other community members attempting to roleplay with you. If you know you are going to be unable to roleplay for some reason, log out of the server.
  • Do not transmit IC information OOCly or without double micing in game as well. 
  • Ask OOCly for permission to log out if you are involved in a hostile situation and you are unable to continue the roleplay. Eg. "//I'm really sorry, I have to go, permission to log out?"
  • Do not lie in a report, because this will only make the report more complicated and drag it our far longer than it needs to be. It can also mean you get a harsher punishment once you are found lying.

VERDICT:

@Drake | BadRP/Metagaming/Lying in a report | 10 Day Ban & 15 Warning Points (AGGRAVATED)

Counter reports must handled separately, you can do this by creating your own report HERE
Be aware, when making a 2.3 report, we require substantial evidence supporting your claims.

SIGNED: @Fae, @Realize + @Rover