Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 16:44 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Ethan Vincent

BAN APPEAL

Link to the source of punishment

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict is not fair because what happened was not intentional, I never set a bear trap and I never armed a bear trap. As we all know DayZ Is still a broken game and needs a lot of work and I believe that I shouldn't be punished because of that. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I was simply at VSM and had I bear trap in my inventory, I set it down because I didn't want it anymore, I never armed it and never had any intentions on harming or attempting an invalid kill on another player. After I dragged the Bear Trap out of my inventory I left VSM and went on about my business.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to be unbanned and not have this problem again In the future. 

What could you have done better?: Well honestly I don't think I did anything wrong, But what I can do better is never pick up a Bear Trap again so I wont have this problem again in the future, 

Edited by Ethan Vincent

Hello @Ethan Vincent,

A second team of staff have reviewed your case, and have come to the conclusion to deny your appeal.

• First after testing from some of our GM team they could not in any way make the trap bug out to an armed state by dragging it out of their inventories or throwing it out of their possession. It could not in any way be replicated.
  • Second with the testing out of the way the only way to explain this is that it was armed after it was dropped on the ground and a trap only registers to the person that arms it; as shown in the report that would be you.
  • Third in the future we would like to recommend that you are more careful in handling traps of any kind to avoid situations like this.

With that said: Appeal Denied

Signed by: @Derek Steel @Rover