Server time (UTC): 2019-11-18, 22:45
Sign in to follow this  
bigmac

Just an idea.

I was running somewhere in-game (as we tend to do) and a thought crossed my mind as to how another layer of RP and combat could be added to the experience. As a quick preface, I've been playing on these servers since the Arma 2 dayz (get it 😉 ) so I'm not some fresh white name chiming in with some grandiose idea.  With that out of the way, my idea is that certain members of the community, especially those with a firm understanding and passion for RP, should be allowed to take up the profession of hit-man/woman. This would allow them to "assassinate" important figures in-game. Various faction leaders or "revolutionaries". The reason I believe this to be fair RP is that the hit-person would need to have a 100% ID on the target. Meaning that they have either directly interacted with the target and identified them or, an intel source is feeding them info, although the ladder may be a precarious option. I don't think it would be fair if anybody could have a "hit" placed on them which is why I believe various staff members should dictate (within closed circles) who has enough leverage to warrant a bounty on their head. Also, as a side piece, I think once a hit-person has been outed as being one, they should be allowed to be killed by the leader they're hunting and their subordinates. Once they've been tracked down and killed, a perma-death is applied to that character and the next community member with enough experience and maturity could take up that role. Of course, to prevent any META info being used in-game you'd have to keep all this info under lock and key. 

P.S

This is just an idea, nothing more, nothing less. Take it for what you will and don't bash me too hard if you disagree.

very nice, i agree. Could be cool although it has to be monitored somehow, who gets to be a hitman/hitwoman? and how does one become one?

I like this idea. I believe it would definetly heighten rp. But one thing I'd like to suggest on this. I wouldn't really like to see the hitman succeed easily. When setting this up, I would assume you would talk to admins or even the group leaders to arrange this whole deal but give them as little information about what you want to do without coming off as vague. I would definetly like to see that the hitman had either missed or there was a flaw in his/her plan. It would definetly add a lot of tension to the group leader and to the group itself. Hope I didn't confuse things 😄

1 minute ago, GunRunnee02 said:

I like this idea. I believe it would definetly heighten rp. But one thing I'd like to suggest on this. I wouldn't really like to see the hitman succeed easily. When setting this up, I would assume you would talk to admins or even the group leaders to arrange this whole deal but give them as little information about what you want to do without coming off as vague. I would definetly like to see that the hitman had either missed or there was a flaw in his/her plan. It would definetly add a lot of tension to the group leader and to the group itself. Hope I didn't confuse things 😄

Totally agree. Solid addition!

Groups like Potius Cras have allowed their people to be KOS'able in the past for reasons similar to what you said. Usually its just handled between players, rather than staff. I dislike the idea as it opens up more PvP and less RP, and although more realistic i'd like to encourage interaction more than anything else. -1 from me, but I can see your point of view and I respect it.

16 minutes ago, TryaxReck said:

Groups like Potius Cras have allowed their people to be KOS'able in the past for reasons similar to what you said. Usually its just handled between players, rather than staff. I dislike the idea as it opens up more PvP and less RP, and although more realistic i'd like to encourage interaction more than anything else. -1 from me, but I can see your point of view and I respect it.

Fair point. Thank you for presenting the alternative.

We had something like this back in the good old SA-MP days. Could be pretty neat. Although it'd have to be some very renowned RPers who is known not to simply be idiots to actually take up such a role.

I am beginner and I am very interested in a mechanism. If any idea is submitted to the forum and the users like it, is it put into the game? People are best and kind for others only whey they like their self. It is really important for society of Path of Exile player. The most of them arelittle freaky about buying currencies in mmo games, BUT (and it is big BUT), so... BUT there is only good feelings, positive thinking. Marketplaces are available for players form each country on the world (except N. Korea). Which currencies are the most value? 1st place is alwayt for Mirrot of Kalandra - price is something around 150 exalted orbs for one. Next one is Exalted orb, exalts and chaos orbs are mainly currency in PoE - most of transactions and trades are exchange with this two PoE currencies (Exalted orb and Chaos orb) Next one is Vaal orb 🙂 For buy poe currency you should try Odealo https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile/currency

Edited by Rimland

3 minutes ago, Rimland said:

-snip-

If it's possible from a Dev standpoint and the community is in the majority for it, more than likely it gets added. If / When the devs want to.

So you want staff to give people licenses for free KoS?

thinking think GIF

No.

Being randomly dropped is an end to the current RP session, and given I perm on my own accord all it does is delay RP for all involved, send me back to the coast and force me to regear.

I get it that you want to force PK somebody's character but nobody wants to just randomly be killed. I'd PK my characters to good stories with a clear ending, but being dropped randomly is a hell nah. 

Maybe with some fine-tuning it could be possible. I don't think it should be a regular occurrence at all. Maybe reserved for when a player allows themselves to be a bounty. I would have a lot of fun as a leader with a bounty on my head. I understand that it could get pretty ugly pretty quick so I don't think it'll make the cut. My main point is to try and find a way to create more narratives whilst adding more potential for combat that isn't as liner as it is now in most cases. Thanks for chiming in everybody!

Just sounds like something that can have more RP if done with the current rules... Assassination would be that you would need to PK the victim. How is that going to further RP for the victim? That is just going to force the to PK which they might not want too. With doing this with the current rules and not KOS'ing, you could progress things much further than what has been suggested.

Also just more work for staff to decide who gets the "role" and with the whole lot of reports that come with it. Staff don't need this now with all the complaints they get with how they already handle things. 

Not at all a fan of this idea.

The option already exists for players to arrange these sorts of things OOCly, if the person getting killed isn't going to open a report for example.

But staff-sanctioned KOS'ing seems like a pretty weird and against a lot of the core values of the community. I'd be giving this a hard no.

46 minutes ago, Roland said:

So you want staff to give people licenses for free KoS?

thinking think GIF

Can we give Anarchy the ability to issue the KOS licenses? 

I actually like this idea very much. Would further the storyline of the characters and the server. 

I'm sure staff could handle issuing this on a case-by-case basis. 

Edited by NozzyRP

Bro I'm actually down for this. If someone out there has enough of a reason to assassinate me, PM me the motive and I'll let you know if you can do it or not.

6 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Bro I'm actually down for this. If someone out there has enough of a reason to assassinate me, PM me the motive and I'll let you know if you can do it or not.

^
This is how it should be handled. Not staff handing out a license to murder someone, but by reaching out to other players and seeing if it can be arranged.

Not scripted roleplay or anything, just making sure that during the conflict two people agree to perm if X happens, so they know the story goes on.

21 minutes ago, Rover said:

^
This is how it should be handled. Not staff handing out a license to murder someone, but by reaching out to other players and seeing if it can be arranged.

Not scripted roleplay or anything, just making sure that during the conflict two people agree to perm if X happens, so they know the story goes on.

That is definitely a very applicable option and probably the easiest way of going about it. Thank you for contributing! 

Edited by bigmac

Did something like this in the dead batteries with our alpha system. Sounds like a good idea 🙂

This should be a thing but staff shouldn't be in charge of it

had this in a community that I was a part of a long time ago and it was nothing but a headache with reports, can see the idea but it just wouldn't work. 

15 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

If someone out there has enough of a reason to assassinate me, PM me the motive and I'll let you know if you can do it or not.

I'm on the same wavelength as @Rover here.  If you want to conduct a situation between two character like an assassination, just reach out to the person you want to take out.

If the two people can discuss it mutually, the assassin gets a fun plot for their character and the assassinated gets to write their character's death how they want, and then it's actually conducted in game with no issues at all.  I see no need for staff intervention unless a report stems from it.

I like the idea, but i think in order to do this there should be a list made OOC with people that agrees they can be KoS'd by an hitman.

I would sign up for it myself

I think it would make for better RP if a group leader adds that element to things; as long as the hitman/woman was able to accept retaliation. I don't think a staff agreement would make sense, or would be fair.

Its a cool idea, but in my eyes be hard to do.

Better for the RP build up and someone role play as a hitman or their character is one and did it all naturally.