Server time (UTC): 2020-06-01, 09:11
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Staff Feedback: Job

Heya!
Pleas be nice to me, otherwise I'll go to space.

space floating GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

Spoiler

Link to the situation: (Use "N/A" if not appropriate.)
Any supporting evidence or notes: (Here you can post a screenshot, chat logs or anything else to help demonstrate your point,Use "N/A" if not appropriate".)
Feedback: (Here you post the main section of your feedback. Keep it respectful.)
Suggestions for improvement: (Use N/A if not appropriate. If bad feedback suggestions of improvement are required.)

Allow me to be the first! 

Link to the situation: N/A
Any Evidence or notes: N/A
Feedback: I've jumped into helpdesk for a total of four or five times, and it was almost JobScholten handling my question with respect and knowledge.
Suggestion: Positive Feedback! Keep up the good work. You're helping the community grow. 

Edited by Marik

Thank you @Marik to be the first in 3 months time to give me feedback.

kermit GIF

Link to the situation: N/A - over longer period of time
Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A
Feedback: I've noticed that I very rarely leave feedback after getting help from the staff - and that aint right! On multiple occasion in december and january Job was very quick in not only jumping into the helpdesk when I was waiting for help, but also via private discord channels etc. He's most certainly one of the good guys.
Suggestions for improvement: Keep it up Job, don't slow down - 200km/h all the way!

3 minutes ago, DerrickStorm said:

Link to the situation: N/A - over longer period of time
Feedback: I've noticed that I very rarely leave feedback after getting help from the staff - and that aint right! On multiple occasion in december and january Job was very quick in not only jumping into the helpdesk when I was waiting for help, but also via private discord channels etc. He's most certainly one of the good guys.
Suggestions for improvement: Keep it up Job, don't slow down - 200km/h all the way!

Thanks for the feedback.

kermit the frog GIF

Any supporting evidence or notes:
Feedback: Always really eager and quick to help out in Discord and in answering any question one has, super polite and friendly too!
Suggestions for improvement: N/A

16 hours ago, Militus said:

Feedback: Always really eager and quick to help out in Discord and in answering any question one has, super polite and friendly too!
Suggestions for improvement: N/A

200.gif

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: After looking at the thread I reported the post by yourself for an unnessary post. I have been informed by staff that saying YES, NO, -1, +1 are unnessary posts and your post comes under that rule and as staff you should hold that standard. 

Myself I have been warned for the same thing so why is it ok for you to just edit your post? And this luxary is not given to the rest of the community? 

unknown.png.85a5827bfd852bce9bc550ebb91ce9e7.png

You then went on to change your post to the below stating @Hofersaid to do it.

656909383_unknown(1).png.30ce377a7758fb2fa2ad136d8c100080.png

I then called you on in genral chat and you then went on to delete your post:

image.png.6a5e2175c30d48f83bcb6c2b4c178123.png

Why is this allowed? Why are you given this luxary and I am not? 

fasfasfa.png

As you can clearly see by my caution I wasn't given the luxary to edit my post and was given a caution which would of been points for UN if I didnt have a caution. 

You should be held accountable like the rest of us. 

Suggestions for improvement: as a newly made gm abusing your powers from the get go isnt a good look. Maybe think about what you are doing and follow the rules that the rest of us have to. 

Edited by neom

11 hours ago, neom said:

Link to the situation: 

Any supporting evidence or notes: After looking at the thread I reported the post by yourself for an unnessary post. I have been informed by staff that saying YES, NO, -1, +1 are unnessary posts and your post comes under that rule and as staff you should hold that standard. 

Myself I have been warned for the same thing so why is it ok for you to just edit your post? And this luxary is not given to the rest of the community? 

unknown.png.85a5827bfd852bce9bc550ebb91ce9e7.png

You then went on to change your post to the below stating @Hofersaid to do it.

656909383_unknown(1).png.30ce377a7758fb2fa2ad136d8c100080.png

I then called you on in genral chat and you then went on to delete your post:

image.png.6a5e2175c30d48f83bcb6c2b4c178123.png

Why is this allowed? Why are you given this luxary and I am not? 

fasfasfa.png

As you can clearly see by my caution I wasn't given the luxary to edit my post and was given a caution which would of been points for UN if I didnt have a caution. 

You should be held accountable like the rest of us. 

Suggestions for improvement: as a newly made gm abusing your powers from the get go isnt a good look. Maybe think about what you are doing and follow the rules that the rest of us have to. 

Thank you @neom for pointing this out.

I know that this will reflect bad for me as a new GM and will certainly try to be more carefull in the future.
In my defence I had asked permission to post on there stating to post just "yes". I misinterpreted the go ahead that was given to me, resulting in hiding the post.

I should not have edited the post and it would be better that I would never had posted this.
But in the end what has been done cannot be undone and I will try to not do these kind of memes again.

Link to the situation: N/A 

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: I jumped in help desk, waited the better part of 30 minutes, and asked for help in #help twice before being seen by Job. While trying to explain the situation I was interrupted multiple times. I tried to explain that within the last 48 hours I have had multiple cars over turning in my base, tent's despawning after less than 12 hours of being up, and construction lights burying themselves in concrete and becoming inaccessible. It felt like each time I began speaking I was cut of to be told "oh well it's a raid." GM Eddie helped me the other day with my first issue by checking logs and confirming for me that no other players had been near my base since i logged out. Job was unwilling to go this far for me stating, "I know it was a raid," as his only reasoning. I don't feel like I was really given the time of day, and am quite upset with how often I was talked over.

Suggestions for improvement: Don't speak over someone trying to tell you their issue! This is a huge pet peeve for most people, myself included. I understand you have likely been doing this for years. I get that eventually you have seen it all, and that helping people can get monotonous, BUT I, and many others, are brand new to this community within the last few months/weeks/days and being a staff member who constantly interrupts someone who is coming to you with an issue is an easy way to deteriorate faith in the staff as a whole. 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:24 PM, Beanblanket said:

Link to the situation: N/A 

Any supporting evidence or notes: N/A

Feedback: I jumped in help desk, waited the better part of 30 minutes, and asked for help in #help twice before being seen by Job. While trying to explain the situation I was interrupted multiple times. I tried to explain that within the last 48 hours I have had multiple cars over turning in my base, tent's despawning after less than 12 hours of being up, and construction lights burying themselves in concrete and becoming inaccessible. It felt like each time I began speaking I was cut of to be told "oh well it's a raid." GM Eddie helped me the other day with my first issue by checking logs and confirming for me that no other players had been near my base since i logged out. Job was unwilling to go this far for me stating, "I know it was a raid," as his only reasoning. I don't feel like I was really given the time of day, and am quite upset with how often I was talked over.

Suggestions for improvement: Don't speak over someone trying to tell you their issue! This is a huge pet peeve for most people, myself included. I understand you have likely been doing this for years. I get that eventually you have seen it all, and that helping people can get monotonous, BUT I, and many others, are brand new to this community within the last few months/weeks/days and being a staff member who constantly interrupts someone who is coming to you with an issue is an easy way to deteriorate faith in the staff as a whole. 

Hey Beanblanket,

To start off I am sorry to hear that noone was able to directly getting into the helpdesk. People have personal lives aswell, but I will try to get in helpdesk whenever I can. I might have interrupted you a couple of times, but that is partly because this is on discord and I cannot see when you want to say something or when you are done talking. The case was that I did hear what you said and you were repeating yourself. I can be a bit straightforward, but that is just how I am.

Depending on the location of your base it can be annoying that people steal your car. That's also the reason why some bases are hidden faraway in the woods. The way you described the story it clearly looked like a normal raid. People will try to get your car and/or your storages. There is always a possibility that your tent/cars did despawn, but most of the times more people will get the same problem.

I understand that it can be annoying to get the feeling that you are not heard, I have only been staff for about 4 months and yes I have heard multiple of the same stories over and over again. Just a quick thing to add. As of for now Eddie is no GM, he is a Moderator. He does not have the ability to get logs unless he asks a GM for it. (No hard feelings eddie <3)

I will take your feedback into consideration and see what I can improve next time.

Link to the situation: 

ad8e6219ea.png

The feedback I am leaving does not regard the outcome of the verdict but the wording and missing parts of the verdict. I post here but this goes to @Scarlett & @Inferno too.

You tell a newcomer who joined in February to "think about what you did wrong and improve on" without explaining shit to him. All you did was to quote a few rules and give summaries on what was done wrong.

Suggestions for improvement: 

Only by taking a slight glance at the statements in the report it appears quite clear that the suspect did not understand a big part of the rules. What you could have done is focus more on the supportive side/ job (see what I did there)  a Game Master needs to provide in verdicts.

This newcomer just experienced a hostile situation which ended in his characters death. Yes, he chose a poor & wrong way to pick up on it but this is exactly where he needs your support and needs to be told what he could have done better. You could have explained to him what he could have done, meeting the wolfpack next time outside of the NRL-Timer (rp out an injury on the character who died, speak to group members who might have survived that exact hostile situation, gather intel on who might be the groups enemies, make plans on revenge/ taking someone hostage, etc. etc.) instead of just fucking blasting a person he could've had potential good role play with. With that you, as a GM might even reach an understanding of how he could still use what happened ig and turn it into role play, on his end. 

13 minutes ago, Ron said:

- Snip -

First of all, appreciate that you took the time to create some feedback for me.

Seeing the situation I understand that some things can sound rude or straight to the point, but that is what I grew up with.
English is not my first language. It also does not help that I am not very creative, so it is hard for me to write long verdicts.
As of now I have done very little verdicts, so I am still a bit unexperienced. Partly because of the size of the team, but also because they can be hard to explain.

Yes, you are right that it is probably better to be supportive towards new players that do not fully understand the rules.
But I am very direct when it comes to breaking rules. If a player does not fully understand the rules they can always join helpdesk or make an Ask the Staff to get clarification.
We try to explain why players broke certain rules, and most of the times they will understand.

In future reports I will try to explain more and give better reasoning.

Feedback:  I spoke to Job about a question that seemed a bit of a grey-area situation. He explained everything veery well and made it easier to understand how it was effected by the rules and hypothetically what rules would be broken. He's very knowledgable and very friendly.

Suggestions for improvement: none, be you, friendo.