Sign in to follow this  
Jason Knight

K.O.S Near Green Mountain

Sever and Location: Dayz Chernarus at Green Mountain Military Base

Approximate Time and Date: 1:20 on 2019-10-22 

In Game Name: Jason Knight

Name of Allies Involved: None

Name of Suspect: Never got a name

Detailed Description of Event: I was around the Green Mountain Military Base area after they just treated me for Cholera and was a bit away when I heard gunshots. I figured since it was only a few that it was some infected, so I went to go see if they need help. When I got back to the base I asked if they needed help, to which they said there was a gunman shooting at them so I ran back into the forest and crouched behind a tree so I wouldn't make much noise. The shooter saw me and shot me one time in the leg. I ran deeper into the forest with no gun in hand and tried to hide behind a tree to bandage. The guy followed me and shot me three times without saying anything to me. I posed no threat and was not in the group that he was actively attacking and he did not tell me any instructions before shooting me.  

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

00:04:03 | Player "Jason Knight" is connected
- Dead -
02:06:43 | Player "Jason Knight" has been disconnected

01:04:20 | Player "Micheal Lovington" is connected
02:06:42 | Player "Micheal Lovington" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

01:33:02 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 2.80732 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 4.21409 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 4.51202 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 4.51202 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 4.80971 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 4.80971 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 5.42385 meters 
01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" hit by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 5.42385 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

01:33:03 | Player "Jason Knight" (DEAD) killed by Player "Micheal Lovington" with M4A1 from 4.51202 meters 

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:
@Jason Knight | Jason Knight | OP
@Shroud | Micheal Lovington | POSTED

Will Reply in a bit Busy atm

@Shroud you have been visiting the forums after saying you'd reply in a bit. You will now be temporarily banned until you respond to this report.

Shroud POV: Me and some of the boys had initiated on Green Mountain because they had refused to allow us inside of the compound, so shots are being exchanged between the two sides when all of a sudden i hear one of my outside allies yell that he is being aimed at by the OP, shots are exchanged between them and i see the guy running off away from my ally and proceed to dome him.

Not sure what this report is about honestly, you heard shots and assumed for some reason it wasn't a firefight, you then learn it was a firefight and stay anyway and go commando in the treeline involving yourself and get domed for it, seems pretty NVFL to me chief.

@Shroud your temp ban has been removed, please keep an eye on the report as we may have further questions.

I stated that I heard shots but it was from only one gun and they stopped after only a few had been fired. That usually indicates infected. I didn't aim at anyone, I had my mosin out for about 3 seconds before putting it away after I ran off. I hid behind a tree because I didn't know if there was more and where they might be and didn't want to be shot. I also never shot my gun the entire time my mosin still had a full clip along with my FNX-45. You also left out the part where you came up to me while I was bandaging, didn't say a word and shot me. The rules clearly state that if attacker rights are initiated then they must be clear and unambiguous to all people involved. I did not want to be involved since it was not clear to me what was happening yet you still fired upon me. The fact that when seeing me behind a tree with no threat posed to you and shot me without saying a word proves you weren't looking to RP in that situation.

Summary:

@Jason Knight is RP'ing around Green Mountain and leaves the area only to hear shots. Assuming its infected he returns to the area only to learn from those within Green Mountain that there is an ongoing firefight. Jason retreats to the tree line for cover where he is shot once by @Shroud, he relocates to bandage, and then is killed by @Shroud.

Rulebreaks:

@Jason Knight claims he walked into the area and learned it was a firefight then went and hid in a bush. @Shroud claims that his ally told him that @Jason Knight was aiming at him, and so @Shroud engaged and killed him. Due to the conflicting POVs, this is going to be determined to be inconclusive. We can not take one community members word over another.

Suggestions:

@Jason Knight In the future here are some suggestions if you find yourself in a similar situation:

• Holster your weapon.
  • Walk away from the conflict with your hands in the air. Hiding in cover is an action that could be seen as trying to stay safe, but in an ongoing firefight it also makes you appear as if you are taking cover to retaliate.
  • Do not linger in the area.

@Shroud mistook you for an enemy, and this was through your own doing. However, the staff team does not feel based on your explanation that your actions warrant a No Value For Life as according to your own POV you mistook a few shots as being towards infected, not a hostile situation, and you did not return with a weapon in hand.

Verdicts:

@Shroud Invalid Kill - Inconclusive - Word vs Word

Signed by: @Rover, @Realize