Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 03:48
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 17 hours, 11 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Ram

Bear Trap in VMC

Server and location: S1 at VMC

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Server time (UTC): 2019-10-20, 23:50

Your in game name: Alex Crazy

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: None

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):None 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 20191020184655_1.jpg.b3bad7b1fcaf2a448481e918d95df617.jpg

Detailed description of the events: I walked into VMC to loot and noticed one barrack had a closed door and thought it might not be looted. When i walked in i stepped on the bear trap placed right in front of the door, and there seemed to be no evidence of a base being there.

Hit logs

23:46:50 | Player "Alex Crazy"  <531.5, 8313.3, 317.6> hit by Player "Michale Cera" pos=<4551.9, 9698.4, 339.0> with BearTrapHit into RightFoot(2) for 90 damage (BearTrapHit)

Connection logs:

21:26:55 | Player "Michale Cera" is connected 
22:32:08 | Player "Michale Cera" has been disconnected

Calling in the following person for their full detailed pov and possible video evidence of the situation:

@Ethan Vincent - MICHALE CERA:

@Ethan Vincent has been temporarily banned from our servers until he responds to this report.

I never placed it myself, someone else must have opened it and the logs said I did it, I did have a bear trap but I dropped it from my inventory but never opened it myself. and I was at the VMC to find some loot. 

Edited by Ethan Vincent

@Ethan Vincent You Temp Ban has been lifted, please keep an eye on the report in case there are anymore questions

Verdict:

A team of staff members have looked over this report and have decided to rule  @Ethan Vincent guilty of both a invalid kill (On-sight) and Lying in a report.

Reasoning:

You are found guilty of a attempted invalid kill (on sight) because you didn't initiate on the person + you didn't meet any of the requirements of the following rule on deployable weapons:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4.10 Deployable weapons such as land mines, bear traps and similar items work in two different ways:

When deployed by the base owners inside a walled off and closed base, these weapons will be treated as defensive measures and thus any kills done by them will be considered valid even without any kill rights

When deployed anywhere or by anyone else they will be treated the same as any other weapon, so for example:

If someone gets injured or killed by your mine or trap which you placed in the middle of a town or a forest, it will be treated the same way as if you shot/killed them on sight with a gun

If an enemy you have valid kill rights on steps on your mine, the kill will be considered valid

Besides this you were also found guilty of lying in a report because deployable weapons like the bear-trap only registers to the user who deployed the weapon and as seen in the logs the person who deployed the weapon was you.

in the future we advise you to only use deployable weapons like described in the rules and we also advise you for in future reports to speak the truth in your Pov's, because if it's discovered that you where lying it could result in a heavier punishment than before. 

We also advise you for in the future to contact gm's if you did indeed accidentally deploy it

Result:

@Ethan Vincent - attempted Invalid Kill (onsight) + Lying in a report: 7 day ban + 15 points:

signed: @Samti, @Fae, @Hofer