Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 03:56
Sign in to follow this  
Chimmy Chonga

Long Wait in Line to Play

Another server would be nice.. I understand that combat ghosting could be a thing but it would be nice to be able to play without being 35th in line to get online. When you change servers on public servers you are moved to a different location on the map, could this be done here so that could be a form a combat ghosting prevention?

Tbh this is kind of unusual. Not sure if a bunch of people recently got white listed. 

Just now, ZeroRP said:

Tbh this is kind of unusual. Not sure if a bunch of people recently got white listed. 

It seems that all this past week I have been waiting in line to get online. I dont mind the wait because its well worth it but the thought keeps coming up.

It's Saturday and there was just a wipe. A lot of people are probably getting on to loot up.

Would be nice to have 2 servers running again now that deer isle is gone. Maybe only have the second one up when the first server is full. Last couple of days there have been 20+ in queue a couple of times. That's enough for me to consider joining a 2nd server instead of just forgetting about dayzrp for the night.

Edited by Husky.

Heard the queue was 33 just now. Fuck that, need a 2nd server.

Just now, APositiveElmo said:

Heard the queue was 33 just now. Fuck that, need a 2nd server.

i was 35 in queue and Im currently sitting at 10. 2nd server would be great

I do agree for another server to be up again. People that don't have diamond are in a queue for god knows how long and people with diamond get in easier so would strongly agree with another server to save people waiting. The queue is just getting out of hand.

I always hated multiple servers because you could base on one area on one server then people would come there on the other and no one would be there. Then there would be a flood of radio threads of either your enemy gloating about your base being theirs or some random came to your base for help but says it’s abandoned  

but with that being said we def need two servers. Capping it past 80 makes things unstable. 

Edited by ZeroRP

27 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

One word Mr.Moon there has been a massive influx due to his recent movie.

Keep one server having two servers that cannot even get full over a course of a week only leads to an empty hording server.

imagine sitting through 10-16k ques for almost a month, and still sitting 4k ques 😄

Tbh 35ques doesnt sound so bad, atleast the servers are alive

Edited by Itsmez

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Keep one server having two servers that cannot even get full over a course of a week only leads to an empty hording server.

why not a temporary 2nd server? something to help deal with the influx of players?

Id like to note i have been in queue for just about an hour..

Due to a recent video by Mrmoon we are having a huge influx of new players as @Realize has stated above.

The possibility of a second server has been raised by myself but im sure it would be better to wait this out and make sure it isn't just a random occurrence that dies off after the weekend.

Until then be patient and we will see how things go.

Livonia is rumoured to be launched next month 🤞so it might be better waiting it out until then rather than bringing in another Chernarus just to be replaced down the line. Obviously this all depends on @Roland stance on the matter

12 minutes ago, Chimmy Chonga said:

why not a temporary 2nd server? something to help deal with the influx of players?

Id like to note i have been in queue for just about an hour..

Because one is enough.

Basically how it goes here
my_time == UTC 2+

If it is like 2 pm my_time, there are between 10 and 30 people online. Server lag is not really there and you will meet a couple people.

If it is around 8 pm my_time, server queue about 20 and there is much lag.

If it is around 10 pm my_time (time when most american players start), server queue 40+ and same amount of lag.

We had a second server before that was the same Chernarus. Ghosting was kinda a big thing there, but the lag was reduced.
The problem was that most people would also just loot on server 2 and add it to their base in server 1. This made it so that in server 1 the loot economy was ruined and people would just go to server 2 to ruin it even more.
Also a problem was that the main RP was going on at server 1 and most groups were also just based there.

At weekends it is worse with queue sizes cuz of everyone logging in.
The problem here is that the community is too big to all play at the same time. Also the servers are not optimized for such a big group.

They have tried making server 2 a different world with a different character, but that was just empty after about a week or two.
The same problem they had before: All the main RP was going on at server 1.

There have also been experiments with 100 slots, but that doesn't work with so many players that make bases.

Tl; Dr;
Staff team is trying to get as many people online, but also don't want to ruin your playing experience because of constant lag.
Many things have been tried before, but none have been completely succesfull.

@Roland S2 is needed.

There was a 40+ queue earlier. The only reason I was playing was because I got on earlier and stayed IG, otherwise I don't see myself sitting in line for an hour.

On top of it the priority queue perk fucks over so many people. It's basically pay to play.

As said in a different post, when we had 2 servers before S2 was just the looting server, people glitched into bases and server hopped around, even if there is a ghosting system in place, waking up in some random spot every time you change server will just be immersion breaking and really weird if you were at your base for example.

I never experienced ghosting as that big of an issue myself, and sure people used server 2 as a loot server but it still beats sitting in qeueu for an hour. Like today i logged on really early to avoid the queue only to get kicked out for a mod update 😭

2 servers and they should be the same character. Temporary server that's only around for as long as its needed. 1 hour wait times are ridiculous. What happens if your in hostile rp and get dropped out of game and cant come back for an hour?? Ban bait