Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 21:32
ZeroRP

Keep Belt Vests

Masses Many Items : Belt Slot Vests   

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So masses many item mods allow for people to use a certain type of vest in the belt slot which gets rid of the belt. These from my experience were moderately rare. Roland has decided to remove them unfortunately. I am petitioning for keeping them instead. There is absolutely no reason to remove these vests. Balance wise if you run any other vest with the belt combo your stamina drops significantly. There is also the issue of why are we adding these mods to only to remove a bunch of things in the process?

There are so many items in the mod that I have never even seen. I’m not sure if they even spawn so they are essentially removed. Another issue is what if people simply don’t want to carry a backpack? Even with a vest such as a high cap it gets very difficult to carry essential items. I for one hate carrying backpacks but the Smersh vest belt item allowed me to carry what I deem the essentials without having to tote a bag around. I would also like to add that the practice of using a plate carrier with an assault type vest was very common during the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.  Please think about keeping these items in game.

Edited by ZeroRP

Ahem

1. Smersh Vests are being removed from the belt slot due to balancing, at the very least that was the original reason we decided not to add smersh vests to the belt slot ourselves originally.

2. The only other item from MMIO which has been removed/disabled with no replacement is the Kevlar Plates that could be combined with Mass's Plate Carrier to make it super strong, this was also removed for balancing, obviously.

3. I have personally removed/disabled quite a few items from MMIO with my latest branch (Not on the live branch yet.), these are primarily duplicates that we already have in our modpack, things like Mass's Black and Olive Plate Carrier since we already have those in our own mod. (His winter and Partizan camo platecarriers remain enabled.)

With all of the above being stated, I'd actually prefer keeping the Smersh Vests in the belt slot as well, however the big man runs the show, if it is true that the smersh vest gives you less of a stamina penalty in the belt slot then we can fix that by making it bigger, but IIRC the balancing problem was with available slots, not weight.

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Ahem

1. Smersh Vests are being removed from the belt slot due to balancing, at the very least that was the original reason we decided not to add smersh vests to the belt slot ourselves originally.

2. The only other item from MMIO which has been removed/disabled with no replacement is the Kevlar Plates that could be combined with Mass's Plate Carrier to make it super strong, this was also removed for balancing, obviously.

3. I have personally removed/disabled quite a few items from MMIO with my latest branch (Not on the live branch yet.), these are primarily duplicates that we already have in our modpack, things like Mass's Black and Olive Plate Carrier since we already have those in our own mod. (His winter and Partizan camo platecarriers remain enabled.)

With all of the above being stated, I'd actually prefer keeping the Smersh Vests in the belt slot as well, however the big man runs the show, if it is true that the smersh vest gives you less of a stamina penalty in the belt slot then we can fix that by making it bigger, but IIRC the balancing problem was with available slots, not weight.

If this is an issue of balancing in terms of slots then is it possible to disable the ability to add a backpack to your character if you’re wearing a belt vest? This would seem like a better solution then removing them. 

I personally would prefer to keep everything how it is now. I feel it gives people more options to run around how ever they choose. 

Looking at the poll already it projects a majority want to keep the items. What gives? 

What became of this, or is it still an ongoing discussion? I much prefer wearing a Smersh vest with my Civilian vest and the anti-stab vest. I personally don't see it much of a big deal and if people want to stack the smersh over their plate carrier along with pouch attachments and then fill it with items then they will be jogging everywhere and look very appealing to bandits.

I mean yeah it gives more storage slots but you can already carry a disgusting amount of items with the right clothing. Personaly as long as everything is balanced with it's weight I don't think it will be an issue. So what if few people want to crawl around at a snail's pace looking like bandit bait with 6 guns and every slot known to man. 

Stick it to Roland and vote yes for the vest! :trolle: