Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 03:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TODAY | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 16 hours, 55 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
Mando

Livonia Map Gameplay and First look

I am not here often but I think you guys may want this.

15 minutes ago, Levent said:

I am not here often but I think you guys may want this.

8 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

Did you watch the video? 

This is me experiencing the map, as well as explaining my views. 🙄

Edited by Levent

Thank you for sharing.

1 minute ago, EmonOkari said:

Thank you for sharing.

You are welcome 🙂 

3:05 the CR-75 is called a CR-75 not CZ-75...? I hope they've changed all the names back.

It's nice to see some of the ruined building being "taken over" by nature. Shame that more of them aren't (from the first look). Lets hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing the video 🙂

Edited by DerrickStorm

I think this map only makes sense (for us) to play in a new country setting (Livonia) if according clothing changes, from "patriotic gear" like caps with flags on them to state service (firefighter, police, military) clothing and then perhaps some new or different guns.

Otherwise it will be hella confusing to run around with certain Chernarussian uniforms while clearly the town names and so on show you are not in Chernarus. I see two options:

We either ignore possibly recycled unfitting clothing or use "immersion" to assume it's Livonian style, or we pretend we are roleplaying in another oblast in Chernarus. If we thematically stay in Chernarus we can continue using most of our characters, otherwise I reckon for many people it would be new characters or characters migrating there.

E: Something else I could think of but LMs will hate me for it, is the idea that we could play in Livona or the other Chernarussian oblast at a different timeframe closer to the outbreak start and see some different gameplay. This would require balancing two timelines however between two places. Just an idea.

Edited by Combine

On 10/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, Combine said:

-snip-

Jesus Christ. Can we just change the signs and say this was somewhere in the United States? I’m so tired of Chernarus and Russians and I think a lot of people feel the same way. 

23 minutes ago, ZeroRP said:

Jesus Christ. Can we just change the signs and say this was somewhere in the United States? I’m so tired of Chernarus and Russians and I think a lot of people feel the same way. 

Imo, with all its history, DayZ is just tied to this. And frankly I personally don't mind it. While I'm no American I would count myself to the "Western Hemisphere" as German and often games or movies are in that same western parts of the globe. If I look at it like this, DayZ with its Eastern European thing is kind of exotic on average.

But I guess if you played it for so long you eventually get sick of it. When I first started here I actually felt silly OOC (mildly) when I first tired out the fake Eastern accent before I eventually got used to it because I had a good mentor in that regard.

Anyway, what I originally wanted to say was that we better wait for a new game (that we can also move on to as community) to try it, unless someone delivers a map and 'conversion' for DayZ.

Dead Matter is a game still in development but it appears to be on a good track. And it plays in CANADA.

I say we continue milking the Eastern European DayZ cow until we can jump to Dead Matter or any comparable game that isn't a horrible shoddily thrown together mess of a "game" like some kickstarters or failures. I wouldn't mind playing this stuff in a western setting with the same style of realism gameplay wise. And afaik only Dead Matter is trying to be realistic with weapon handling, combat mechanics and so son. I dislike jumpy arcade shit for a post-apocalyptic RP setting.

Edited by Combine

5 minutes ago, Combine said:

-snip-

We’ve been playing the same map set in the same country set in the same area of the world since 2013. It’s 2019. Let’s let that sink in. It’s been SIX years. 

If the DLC is anything like the game, it's gonna be buggy and mostly unplayable for the next 6 years.

2 minutes ago, Malet said:

Beautiful !!! Already installing experimental.

I've installed experimental branch and tried this map for a few hours. Honestly, its much too big to check the entirety of it in such a short span of time (I believe the map is as large as Chernarus). I think I'm far from complete review but first impressions? I like it! It definitely doesn't feel like Chernarus 2.0. This is its own thing. A map that not only has buildings/structures familiar to what we saw in Chernarus but also a few from Arma itself and a couple of new aditions too. All this mixed up together creates a new feeling for me. Landscapes look beautiful, the sense of being lost again and figuring out where everything is, it's amazing. 

Definitely going to log in on that map at least a couple more times while open beta is going. I haven't even managed to leave north since playerbase is obviously large and I'm getting either killed my players or swarmed by zombies. Ah, yes zombies! I get the feeling their numbers are much higher. I don't know if anyone noticed that too or is it just me?

Edited by Tewudin
Grammar fixes

Can someone riddle me if there's actually "Livonian clothing" or does Chernarussian gear spawn?

Call me nitpicky but it'd be silly to have Chernarussian uniforms (police, military, etc) n' stuff spawn when we're in a fictional counter-part to Poland. I honestly think we should use the Livonia DLC as other oblast or region of Chernarus otherwise if the same gear spawns or, in other words, if they don't plan to add Livonian specific clothes next to town names that they have covered I hear.

E: On the other hand, it would be beneficial to add another country to our playable areas and perhaps later on, mods could fix clothing issues. So anything goes and has pros and cons.

Edited by Combine

4 minutes ago, Combine said:

Can someone riddle me if there's actually "Livonian clothing" or does Chernarussian gear spawn?

Call me nitpicky but it'd be silly to have Chernarussian uniforms (police, military, etc) n' stuff spawn when we're in a fictional counter-part to Poland. I honestly think we should use the Livonia DLC as other oblast or region of Chernarus otherwise if the same gear spawns or, in other words, if they don't plan to add Livonian specific clothes next to town names that they have covered I hear.

All items I have encountered are the same than on Chernarus+. I found OREL clothing in police stations, BDU gear in military tents. The main differences were the """"new"""" stuff like the double-barrelled shotgun, the definitely new buildings and environment and all texts being in Polish instead of Czech. (e.g: road signs, maps, ...)
I have only played for ~6 hours, I have most likely missed a few things.

Edited by Pontiff

Just now, Pontiff said:

All items I have encountered are the same than on Chernarus+. I found OREL clothing in police stations, BDU gear in military tents. The main differences were the """"new"""" stuff like the double-barrelled shotgun, the definitely new buildings and environment and all texts being in Polish instead of Czech. (e.g: road signs, maps, ...)

Well then I see a mild conflict. Town names and places are in polish, some gear is clearly Chernarussian. We either play in Livonia legit and have a mild "suspension of disbelief factor" with some clothing or we pretend it's another oblast or region of Chernarus where clothing then fits, but not the name of towns and places.

🤷‍♂️

Either way, one thing won't fit. Hoping that the Devs or modders add Livonian gear.

I see pros and cons either way, but perhaps actually playing in a new place instead of pretending to be in another place in Chernarus might be more interesting to some community members. I would not mind both things.

2 minutes ago, Combine said:

Well then I see a mild conflict. Town names and places are in polish, some gear is clearly Chernarussian. We either play in Livonia legit and have a mild "suspension of disbelief factor" with some clothing or we pretend it's another oblast or region of Chernarus where clothing then fits, but not the name of towns and places.

🤷‍♂️

Either way, one thing won't fit. Hoping that the Devs or modders add Livonian gear.

I see pros and cons either way, but perhaps actually playing in a new place instead of pretending to be in another place in Chernarus might be more interesting to some community members. I would not mind both things.

You know, they can always go for easier way out of it and just change the insignias and words on those clothing to match Livonia language (polish). If not then there is always a modding community that might succed in creating a stylized Livonian clothes to match this different setting.

Is DayZRP resetting Lore to Day 1 with Livonia release?

1 minute ago, EmonOkari said:

I know this is always a reoccurring topic and so far I always argued against this, but if we add other countries to our game, we might as well consider going for a general reset of lore, even if similar shit happens.

Why do I suddenly open up?

- A reset should be worth it, and by adding more countries, this could be covered

- While it 'ends' many stories and groups and the work of the LMs in this iteration, something new can arise

- Certain gameplay will become feasible again, you can have different themes covered in-game as society falls apart again, and not just in one place in Chernarus, but up to two places in Chernarus and one in Livonia. Or possibly even three different places if we change Deer Island to something else, e.g. an upcoming Namalsk map

- A potentially renewed energy in the community

I wouldn't mind if the lore basically roughly repeats like it did this time, but perhaps with some different outcomes for factions or alliances for some states. E.g. Russia working with Chernarus out of necessity, some places not turning into dead husks while other places around the glove who got by get the short end of the stick, etc. Just some random ideas. But TL;DR: you could see society crumble anew with some more new vehicles or tools available, thanks to mods, too.

12 minutes ago, EmonOkari said:

Day 1 with Trees growing through ruins of houses and all that? ... Would make more sense to change the lore and throw everyone further into it, like 10 years after or so.