Server time (UTC): 2019-12-05, 18:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
NathSnr

Organised Safezone

1 minute ago, Timeremortem said:

More that I have a time limit on how much I can play.. and if 90% of my time goes to the walking simulator to gear up to be able to play my role.. And 8/10 encounters work as a set back forcing more time doing what i consider to be a choire.. Then it tends to lose its value.. Presume if one roleplay as a naked hobo hermit.. one wont have the problem.

If your character is based entirely around your gear then you need to re-evaluate your priorities here.

Ill use myself as an example, I play a nationalist chernarussian, but in no way shape or form do I have to gear up to start roleplaying. My character isn't defined by the clothes he wears or the weapon in his hands, and neither should any other character, you're defined by the roleplay you provide, and that is something that isnt tied to the gear you carry.

13 minutes ago, Timeremortem said:

Point was to showcase how wierd it is to blame a solution attempt to protect people that want hub roleplay and dont want to constantly be bothered by the bandit roleplayers.. without forcing them to hide in a corner.

DayZRP is about people interacting with one another, even if these people are friendly or bandits. If you looking for a hub to talk to people without getting held up then I'd take a look at my suggestion below.

Spoiler

Z5ofHzDG_400x400.png

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

If your character is based entirely around your gear then you need to re-evaluate your priorities here.

Ill use myself as an example, I play a nationalist chernarussian, but in no way shape or form do I have to gear up to start roleplaying. My character isn't defined by the clothes he wears or the weapon in his hands, and neither should any other character, you're defined by the roleplay you provide, and that is something that isnt tied to the gear you carry.

Gona love the special forces.. with yellow hardhats and pink rain coats.. But im dropping it. Cant compare Dayzrp to any other form of Rp in any other form of game or media. not even table top. Its to diffrent. So can't and shouldent cater to an audiance thats questioning the very core that dayzrp is functioning on.. Fairplay..  Fairplay to hide and avoid who I want.. Fairplay for them to find me and take my stuff.. Just how It is. Presume if one wants another experience one should look elsewhere.

Edited by Timeremortem

19 minutes ago, Timeremortem said:

Gona love the special forces.. with yellow hardhats and pink rain coats.. But im dropping it. Cant compare Dayzrp to any other form of Rp in any other form of game or media. not even table top. Its to diffrent. So can't and shouldent cater to an audiance thats questioning the very core that dayzrp is functioning on.. Fairplay..  Fairplay to hide and avoid who I want.. Fairplay for them to find me and take my stuff.. Just how It is. Presume if one wants another experience one should look elsewhere.

Ah yes, the special forces that 2 years into the infection still have a pristine full duty kit.

However this is getting off topic, and frankly I find that this is getting pretty ridiculous now.

Safezones are and always will be a false positive.

They are put up to prevent bandits from being bandits, and they inadvertently end up causing more banditry, because they place people in one spot rather than spreading them out over the entire map.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

They are put up to prevent bandits from being bandits, and they inadvertently end up causing more banditry, because they place people in one spot rather than spreading them out over the entire map.

Traders need people to trade with. bandits need people to rob. the only problem is camping the safe zone from either party.

Ive met many bandits in my time here and not a single trader, because everyone is always on guard from being robbed. it discourages anyone from trying to play a trader role. You have to build a base and give out its location so people can show up to trade and the bandits take zero risk because they don't have to disclose there location, they can simply wait in the shadows till they see someone coming to the spot and rob them or the trade spot itself.

The ideal solution would be a group that could set up a trader outpost and defend it. but the hostile rp'ers will attack it relentlessly till the trader group will give up and leave. that's why it almost has to be protected by some sort of rules to even the playing field.

6 minutes ago, rhothar said:

Traders need people to trade with. bandits need people to rob. the only problem is camping the safe zone from either party.

Ive met many bandits in my time here and not a single trader, because everyone is always on guard from being robbed. it discourages anyone from trying to play a trader role. You have to build a base and give out its location so people can show up to trade and the bandits take zero risk because they don't have to disclose there location, they can simply wait in the shadows till they see someone coming to the spot and rob them or the trade spot itself.

The ideal solution would be a group that could set up a trader outpost and defend it. but the hostile rp'ers will attack it relentlessly till the trader group will give up and leave. that's why it almost has to be protected by some sort of rules to even the playing field.

We have rule 2.3 which prevents bandits from constantly attacking the same base/group/people/target

18 minutes ago, rhothar said:

-snip-

The ideal solution actually is maybe try making peace with the hostile rp'ers. Most of the time, i mean actually, all of the time theres a way out. Meet their demands, comply to their ways and continue on with trading. 

I've seen where a trader came to a group and offered 100 rounds of 5.56 a week to be able to trade freely. Its all about working around the idea of "need to be safe from all hostile encounters".

Work to find solutions. It's actually a lot easier than people think.

Edited by PhoenyxxRP

Make friends or get good at defending whats yours otherwise someone who can will take it.  No need for ooc safezones they just turn into shitshows.

In addition to my previous comment about the UN. I believe official sanctioned safezones were tried on here at one point after the UN left.

It didn't work too well if I remember correctly

So apparently some or many are against this.

What if we try a compromise: Timed / temporary safezones?

If anyone wants to protest now, keep something in mind: The trader events we had on S1 or a second server (same hive though) were in essence temporary safe and trade zones. Nothing more, nothing less. And people liked those. Major groups visited those, and also smaller ones or loners. Allowing just that will kind of bring back the trader events no one seems to do any more but in a different way, a compromise: You don't get to interact solely with players as traders - if NPCs are used for this. You can roughly offer the same service of the trader events without the 'downsides' of having people be required to pledge a few hours of their time to specifically entertain others on a regular basis.

Yes, it was often hard to get sufficient volunteers for this, at least I vividly remember that often we noted that there could've been even more support to make it better.

TL;DR:

1) Many people came to the trade events, as seen by the initial queues rivalling the login queues.

2) It was always an effort to plan these events and then execute them as players had to do it all

3) Those were in essence held in temporary safe and trade zones

4) What is the difference here now if we make it temporary and let NPCs do most of the job in regards to trading (doesn't bar players from trading to/with other players, too)

The plus I see is that you can set up these trade (and safe) zones with relative ease with tools or whatever and then always slap them somewhere else or make new locations for them, then rotate. You do not need a dozen players handholding and guiding everyone.

Edited by Combine