Server time (UTC): 2019-12-13, 09:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
NathSnr

Organised Safezone

27 minutes ago, Rover said:

Fair Play is the core here.

If you can't enjoy any form of hostile roleplay because your attitude towards it is salty before it even begins, then you'll never have fun with it, and that is not the fault of the people trying to provide you meaningful hostile roleplay. Its a two way street.

True as that is.. Ever heard Of Diversity? only cause I enjoyed being tied up and freaked out for my life.. Dont mean I want it you happen again the next encounter.. For me it's looking at it from the Time I have to spend on the server.. Allot of it goes to collecting necesary items to correctly potray my character and his role.. If my 2-4 hours a day im allowed goes 3 hours getting my stuff.. to then get a an hour of roleplay. It becomes a downhill quick. at least if you like me find the running simulator to be frustraiting . 😞

Still.. The majority of the community likes it this way. And changing it would just hurt the community.. I guess Its better for people like me to just adapt and do whats best and enjoy the crumbs we get..

Edited by Timeremortem
Did not want to spam more posts.

It''s been done before if I remember correctly. All it leads to is cancerous RP similarly to what happens in Kavala in Altis Life.

Make a safe zone yourself with your group, don't expect the staff team to enforce it for you.

Edited by Hebirura

12 minutes ago, Timeremortem said:

True as that is.. Ever heard Of Diversity? only cause I enjoyed being tied up and freaked out for my life.. Dont mean I want it you happen again the next encounter.. For me it's looking at it from the Time I have to spend on the server.. Allot of it goes to collecting necesary items to correctly potray my character and his role.. If my 2-4 hours a day im allowed goes 3 hours getting my stuff.. to then get a an hour of roleplay. It becomes a downhill quick. at least if you like me find the running simulator to be frustraiting . 😞

Hostile Roleplay happens if you want it to or not. there is nothing that can be done to prevent you from being held up. if the expectation is that you are going to always get held up change your IC actions to ensure that you wont be. such as staying on the move or staying back from settlements. point of fact though is that if you want to be engrossed with RP among large groups you are taking a risk because with large groups comes hostile rp at one point or another. 

2 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Hostile Roleplay happens if you want it to or not. there is nothing that can be done to prevent you from being held up. if the expectation is that you are going to always get held up change your IC actions to ensure that you wont be. such as staying on the move or staying back from settlements. point of fact though is that if you want to be engrossed with RP among large groups you are taking a risk because with large groups comes hostile rp at one point or another. 

So Die alone of boredom? Or die from Firing squad with friends? Great.. 😞

7 minutes ago, Timeremortem said:

So Die alone of boredom? Or die from Firing squad with friends? Great.. 😞

I've had enriching RP from running around with groups in the past, being a nomad isn't bad.  but hey if you comply to a hostile's demands it can lead to interesting story. 
frankly this is getting toxic so im outty. 

Edited by Pepper

Oh cool, another hostile versus campfire RP thread. What was the original topic about again? 

I am not advocating a lack of hostile rp, nor am I advocating a bunch of overpowered maniacs with rule protection: every time I have played on the server it is entirely dominated by hostile groups, as it is now, many of which are completely nonsensical in their lore and background. And yes, I am thinking of Anarchy: their premise is ridiculous and paradoxical, but I do not have ANY issue with them as individuals or even an OOC group. I am simply tired of the constant screaming of "hostile rp is our right" whilst providing nothing original. You've been part of a couple of hostile rp situations, you've been part of them all. This is also solidified by the ruleset which encourages ruleplay, and as a result there is very little interesting and genuinely compelling hostile rp out there, especially for the majority of us who are not part of huge groups.

Yes, hostile RP is really bad and should be banned. I refuse to RP with people that are or have been in a hostile group.

No, people should be more open to all types of roleplay. Not just sit in their perfect bubble. I started as a campfire roleplayer and was really against hostile in the start. But I felt it was wrong of me to not allow others the right to RP as they want. There are 80 slots on the server. That is 80 diffrent and individual styles of RP.

Can we keep this on topic please? This is not a "lets bash hostile RP" thread.

Nobody is saying it should be banned, man. I am simply advocating for some outside input to try and rebalance the server. I am also not advocating sing song campfire rp: I had in mind the government controlled zones from games like the Last of Us, where there are rules and it's a police state but at least it's run by a group with a coherent message that provides food and settlement.

Definitely a no from me to Safezones... 

I mean, if you want something like what you stated in your last post, then go for it IC. Build it up and defend it. Simple as that

For sure a no from me... Like others have said, when Legion & Wolfpack had Cherno. THAT was almost like a safe zone to an extent. Like the settlement that was just implemented, obviously there was just a wipe so everyone's working on getting supplies & such but the goal of that place is to make it a "safe" area with IC rules in place. I think IC safe zones are way way more rewarding, I would hate to have a zone for big dicking with no consequences.

My final opinion Is still A no to safe zone.. I rather see more implemented systems that Aid Campfire style and Dont force them To constantly be hiding with there small Internal Groupes In Some corner.. 

But the Topic Is getting out of hand.. And it seesm Rolly Throwing a safe zone in no matter what we want.. Peace..

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:36 AM, Fae said:

I've played communities with a safe-zone and a safe-zone "timer" (Cant commit hostile actions for 10 mins after leaving said safe-zone) and all we did was lure people out, make them wander around for 10 mins then initiate. It doesn't work. 

We'd sit outside the safe-zone to nab people on their way out, so people ended up never leaving - instead sitting in their safe zone for eternity.

so your admitting to being the problem then really. why couldn't you setup somewhere else if you or your group wanted to bandit roleplay. sounds like you were manipulating the rules to your advantage by using the safezone as bait.

21 minutes ago, rhothar said:

so your admitting to being the problem then really. why couldn't you setup somewhere else if you or your group wanted to bandit roleplay. sounds like you were manipulating the rules to your advantage by using the safezone as bait.

Bandits go to where the people are.

People are at safezones.

The problem is the safezone, not the people choosing to play hostile characters.

11 hours ago, Ducky said:

Bandits go to where the people are.

People are at safezones.

The problem is the safezone, not the people choosing to play hostile characters.

To me that sounds like saying: Nazis invade country's with jews in them.. Therefor Jews are the problem.. Seriously?

2 hours ago, Timeremortem said:

To me that sounds like saying: Nazis invade country's with jews in them.. Therefor Jews are the problem.. Seriously?

Your train of thought is genuinely amusing, but I appreciate the attempt to invalidate someone by effectively comparing them to nazies. 

There is nothing wrong with playing hostile characters, and there is nothing wrong with seeking hostile rp, and the fact that you compare it to nazism is the god damn problem.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Your train of thought is genuinely amusing, but I appreciate the attempt to invalidate someone by effectively comparing them to nazies. 

There is nothing wrong with playing hostile characters, and there is nothing wrong with seeking hostile rp, and the fact that you compare it to nazism is the god damn problem.

So what you're saying is..... There is nothing wrong with being a nazi?? JK 

Yeah Safe zones shouldn't be rule enforced, that makes 0 sense and would lead to a greater divide between the community. Not needed 

We actually did have this for like a month or so after the lore wipe. The UN established a safe zone down south, before moving to Kabanino where they spent a lot of time. Before giving up to the VDV and packing their bags and abandoning the place. I still remember going along the road between Stary and Kabanino watching the UN Convoy head east. Must have been 20 of em running carrying all kinds of tents and equipment. They wouldn't tell us where they were going, so from that point we knew we were on our own in this world and that the governments of the world were finished. The days after the lore wipe were fun times and had interesting group dynamics where it wasn't just hostile RP getting robbed 24/7. I haven't played much since August 2017, school and everything else had gotten in the way, but it was good times.

I do say that we're in need of another lore wipe though. Its been over 2 years. And when they did the 2017 wipe it was over 2 years since the one before that.

25 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I guess we both only read in to what we want.. Point was to showcase how wierd it is to blame a solution attempt to protect people that want hub roleplay and dont want to constantly be bothered by the bandit roleplayers.. without forcing them to hide in a corner. But when one aint experiencing hostile 24/7 roleplay as a problem. Then i presume one wont see it as that. But glad all you took out of it was Nazis.. Must love you in history class. 🙂

But yea i shouldnt compare Hostile  roleplayers to nazis. 

Edited by Timeremortem

1 minute ago, Timeremortem said:

I guess we both only read in to what we want.. Point was to showcase how wierd it is to blame a solution attempt to protect people that dont want hub roleplay from the bandit roleplayers.. without forcing them to hide in a corner. But when one aint experiencing hostile 24/7 roleplay as a problem. Then i presume one wont see it as that. But glad all you took out of it was Nazis.. Must love you in history class. 🙂

I have highlighted your issue.

You issue is the blatant OOC problem of not wanting to engage with certain other players because you want safehaven bubble rp.

Maybe the problem is that you are so incapable of handling your own problems that you have to have OOC boundries to help you overcome them

Just now, Frenchie said:

nowhere or nobody is safe in an apocalypse . . Just saying ☺️

Make sense.. But theres very little repocausions to being hostile.. while in the real world.. you sooner or later run out of people to robb and abuse..

4 minutes ago, Timeremortem said:

I guess we both only read in to what we want.. Point was to showcase how wierd it is to blame a solution attempt to protect people that want hub roleplay and dont want to constantly be bothered by the bandit roleplayers.. without forcing them to hide in a corner. But when one aint experiencing hostile 24/7 roleplay as a problem. Then i presume one wont see it as that. But glad all you took out of it was Nazis.. Must love you in history class. 🙂

Yeah i do think that segregation between the two different kinds of roleplayers would be beneficial to both sides. We have zones where only campfireRP'ers can go and where no guns are allowed (except SMGs and hunting rifles and pistols to kill zombies) And where you can't initiate on people. We then also make a KOS zone where people can shoot each other for any reason and here CampfireRP'ers aren't allowed to avoid any sort of mixing between the two. We would also have a "Middle" area where the normal rules apply. I think this would be highly successful 

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I have highlighted your issue.

You issue is the blatant OOC problem of not wanting to engage with certain other players because you want safehaven bubble rp.

Maybe the problem is that you are so incapable of handling your own problems that you have to have OOC boundries to help you overcome them

More that I have a time limit on how much I can play.. and if 90% of my time goes to the walking simulator to gear up to be able to play my role.. And 8/10 encounters work as a set back forcing more time doing what i consider to be a choire.. Then it tends to lose its value.. Presume if one roleplay as a naked hobo hermit.. one wont have the problem.