Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 08:08
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

Remove Toxic Zone Mod?

Remove Toxic Zone Mod?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we have had the new mods introduced for some time now. There was some initial growing pains and things to get used to (just press insert) . It has been my experience that the mod causing the most issues is the Toxic Zone mod. Below are some of the known issues and complaints I have heard personally:

• Gas is bugged and goes invisible for some players in certain situations.
  • Various pieces of equipment that should work either logically or mechanically don't, for various reasons
  • Why does Tisy have it? This doesn't fit the lore.
  • Why is there a roaming gas cloud? This doesn't fit the lore.
  • NBC items in the shop either provide an advantage, or if the advantage is removed will then make no IG sense as to why they don't work, and don't have an indicator or label to let you know that they are different from ones found in game.
  • Mod added items that were not included in toxic-zone mod, such as reskinned/recolored NBC or certain gas masks don't work.
  • Toxic-Cure is very rare and the disease kills too quickly to allow a realistic chance of survival.

So what do you think? Have you enjoyed having the mod in the game? Do you want it to stay or have it removed? Interested in hearing the communities thoughts on the matter.

2 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

I love the gas mod. Toxic cure is easy to find if you look in the right places. Shit's buggy sometimes but so is half of the game, yet we put up with it because its enjoyable.

So, in brief, my response to anybody wanting to remove the toxic gas mod is:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.90dc5274f508b3d33b6001391c70bc26.png

I appreciate the firm and candid response 😄 Being as I'm usually handling people with issues regarding it, I don't hear the success stories.

I would prefer invisible radiation over gascloud, but the toxic zone is a interesting thing to encounter. As I died due to wearing a moded gasmask that didn't work, after the mod was introduced, I do understand the bugs might be annoying but this is just DayZ I guess. I wouldn't remove it - in my opinion biggest military compound should have some threat - be it toxic clouds/radiation zones or at least way more/stronger infected. 

When it comes to antidotes I had three, and I didn't even look for them (I guess when you start looking for them DayZ Loot Gods conceal all the things you need).

The NBC gear that's in the loottable should be fixed and inherit values after objects that work properly in Toxic zones.

Keep the mod makes it harder to loot areas that should be dangerous. 

20 minutes ago, Rover said:

Why does Tisy have it? This doesn't fit the lore.

Why is there a roaming gas cloud? This doesn't fit the lore.

I've brought up both of these issues in the past but it seems to have been entirely ignored.

I spoke to Dmitri (The ToxicZone Mod Maker) and he confirmed its pretty easy to disable the roaming zone as well as tisy so that we only have it at Kamensk, but it is something that only @Roland can do.

Maybe it's time he does 😉 

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Keep the mod makes it harder to loot areas that should be dangerous. 

They kinda are but at the same time aren't - people can just YOLO it with an antidote without any protection - even without a simple gas mask to at least RP it out.

Spoiler

tenor.gif

I like it, stops people camping nearby all the time. If they actually need to go find gear and cures stops people from just loot cycling the shit out of it all the damn time.

I voted no purely coz I haven’t seen it and it hasn’t effected me yet, I understand and can see some of your concerns, so maybe it should be removed until it’s properly fixed and working correctly. I don’t know, but like I said it hasn’t effected me so I don’t see the issue 

Remove it from Tisy, people gotta get their guns out of there. 

I voted yes, but only for Tisy. Kamensk and the roaming cloud are still OK. I had fun some other day with the cloud following me through every location I was stopping by. 

If we could bring in radiation, I'd be down for that. 

Edited by Alan Woods

Dude, this is a hard one, but I have to vote no. It always gives me a sense of looming dread when the green mist looms overhead, near my base. Just last week that cloud was just on the outskirts of my base, and I was scared shitless that it moved dynamically, that is to say it was slowly moving towards me. I ended up packing my car full of supplies, just in case I was right. Thankfully I wasn't, but still that gave me the proper chills! 

The toxic zone is cool, and i'm simply waiting for people to start weaponizing the thing, attacking bases that are stuck in the poison fumes or something like that. I'm voting that the Toxic Zone should NOT be removed, however a quick lore-rewrite, or mini-event would be greatly appreciated to divulge the secrets of the venom-air.

Edited by TryaxReck

16 minutes ago, Alan Woods said:

I voted yes, but only for Tisy. Kamensk and the roaming cloud are still OK. I had fun some other day with the cloud following me through every location I was stopping by. 

Put on a suit then and go in.

33 minutes ago, Alan Woods said:

Seriously? 

so we finally have something that makes the game somewhat dangerous and somewhat difficult and people are already crying. No. Tisy should be hard to loot. Period. You should have to actually work for high level loot in this game. 

I will say this though. I would prefer a radiation mod instead of having giant clouds. 

Edited by Zero

who cares if there is no lore explaining stuff?

we don't need to know every little aspect of the game, let people speculate and come up with their own theories

Personally I’ve had no problem with this mod. And the roaming cloud is nice because it sometimes just creeps up and you have to make a dash for it. Leave the mod as it is 

Well, it seems lots of people are having fun with it, so that's cool - however, fixing the invisibility and non-working items issues would be ideal if we're keeping it.

48 minutes ago, TheGlassSpider said:

Well, it seems lots of people are having fun with it, so that's cool - however, fixing the invisibility and non-working items issues would be ideal if we're keeping it.

Couldn't agree more.

I actually enjoyed the first time I ran into one by accident, it gave me a lot of RP potential being a doctor and helping those out who potentially get caught in said Toxic Zone. We've even began RP mapping out the movements of said zones.

It for sure adds RP value to the server.

Leave it, we need an  accurate IG metaphorical representation for all those toxic community members trying to 2.3 everyone and put up salty false reports.  But seriously, the amount of times I have run into people who dont give a shit about the lore around kamensk military.  I wonder how things would go if all the major military spawn points were made toxic.

I have never been in one of these zones yet, just saw the roaming cloud down at the coast. 

But yeah, I don't know why you actually need a roaming one, even less cause it isn't really explained lorewise. I just ask myself if it already happened to people, that they logged out at some place and when they logged in the next day, they were suddenly in that cloud... and dying of it. 

But with the issues and bugs adressed, I think it is important to find a solution for that to keep the mod and otherwise remove it, till things are working. There is no need to add even more buggy stuff when the game itself is still buggy... at least my opinion ^^ 

1 hour ago, Revie said:

I have never been in one of these zones yet, just saw the roaming cloud down at the coast. 

But yeah, I don't know why you actually need a roaming one, even less cause it isn't really explained lorewise. I just ask myself if it already happened to people, that they logged out at some place and when they logged in the next day, they were suddenly in that cloud... and dying of it. 

But with the issues and bugs adressed, I think it is important to find a solution for that to keep the mod and otherwise remove it, till things are working. There is no need to add even more buggy stuff when the game itself is still buggy... at least my opinion ^^ 

It’s called wind. It tends to carry toxic particles away from different areas. You know, like how fallout works? 

Edited by Zero

1 hour ago, Zero said:

It’s called wind. It tends to carry toxic particles away from different areas. You know, like how fallout works? 

I was talking about the toxic zones itself not being explained in the lore (there is only radiation mentioned). I do know how wind and that stuff works, thank you ^^

I like having the Toxic mod. I love that big green roaming mod. I think it should be in more places. More roaming gas clouds! 

Shouldn't be in Tisy. If there's a lore reason fine but just blockading military loot is dumb. Keep it at Kamensk and if people really can't see it take away the roaming cloud. Pretty simple stuff, don't know why this is a debate.