Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 20:45
Sign in to follow this  
TryaxReck

Add an 'Other' Gender Option for Profiles.

Should we add an "Other" gender option?   

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was recently editing my DayZRP profile when I realized there were only male, female, and blank spaces available for selection. It would be cool if there was an option for our non-binary and gender-queer members. Its not the most important thing in the world, though it wouldn't hurt to be inclusive with everyone. 

Edited by TryaxReck

I was referring to the profile pages of members, not characters. Im pretty sure with characters you can just write in your gender/sexuality. @NozzyRP

Nah we don't need people identifying as apache helicopters or whatever, just keep it simple.

1 minute ago, TryaxReck said:

I was referring to the profile pages of members, not characters. Im pretty sure with characters you can just write in your gender/sexuality. @NozzyRP

the gender isn't visable anyway? so your question is irrelevent, my statement still stands anyway. There are only 2 genders

1 minute ago, NozzyRP said:

If your character has penis = Male

if your character has vagina = Female 

simple af? 

Gender is more complicated than that... 

There's a whole study behind this shit (not even bet it's worth)... 

Just now, NozzyRP said:

Study made by who? Buzzfeed? 

nah the lad bible fam

Just now, NozzyRP said:

Study made by who? Buzzfeed? 

Fake news 

On topic tho, this is just one of the things nobody needs here. If you identify yourself as whatever alien you are, you can always use the "About me" page. 

Just now, Alan Woods said:

Fake news 

On topic tho, this is just one of the things nobody needs here. If you identify yourself as whatever alien you are, you can always use the "About me" page. 

The gender isn't even VISABLE anyway? what is the point of this topic? Can we close it please @Roland 🤝

6 minutes ago, Alan Woods said:

Fair point, DayZRP is as the name implies, an RP server, and I can respect that opinion. And regarding @NozzyRP's argument that no one can see the selected gender, maybe it should just be removed entirely, then. Might clean up the edit profile tab a bit extra too, by removing any redundant/not useful stuff. Still though, adding the option wouldn't hurt anyone.

Edited by TryaxReck

6 minutes ago, TryaxReck said:

Fair point, DayZRP is as the name implies, an RP server, and I can respect that opinion. And regarding @NozzyRP's argument that no one can see the selected gender, maybe it should just be removed entirely, then. Might clean up the edit profile tab a bit extra too, by removing any redundant/not useful stuff. Still though, adding the option wouldn't hurt anyone.

Why? one can only be female or male.

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

Why? one can only be female or male.

I'd rather not make this thread a topic on that, i'd rather not anyone get warned for flaming or things getting heated. 

Added poll. Should've done that originally, woops.

Only 2 genders lad, Unless your an Apache Helicopter. I respect that.

This is a non-issue for me. While it might be easy for me to say, I assume this:

Even if I was into a "non classic gender" or would identify as such, I would simply use any free-text field to denote or note it, if necessary (like "About me"), and the benefit is that those others could see, if I want it to be public. If I want this to be shown on my profile somewhere, I can. So while I don't want to ruin anyone's debate or suggestion thread, I feel it is ultimately wasted time in this particular case because it's a small cosmetic or "good feel" change at best when I am not hindered at all if I want to note a particular 'gender identification' in my profile, because that's possible right now.

I think everyone on the server should have to go through mandatory sensitivity training for gender inclusiveness. That is the only solution here

There is only male and female because there is only male and female genders 

I demand both an 'Apache helicopter' option as well as a 'Main battle tank' option.

In all seriousness though, no. If you can't pick between the two options, don't pick either of them and leave it.

Just to clarify, it is there are two biological sexes (male or female) not genders. Gender is how you identify in relation to your biological sex. So if you identify as cisgender then you are identying as your biological sex in other words if your are male and identify as male then you are cisgender. If you are male but identify as female then you are transgender etc. There are a few other genders etc. that you can identify as. But who cares, identify how you want to doesn't really effect anyone else, apache helicopter seems popular.

In regards to the OP if you'd like more options then it would be another tab in regards to gender sperate to bioligical sex but I don't think it's needed. You can always write it to your bio If you really wanted to. 

Anyway these types of thread normally turn into a clusterfuck, might be worth a /close.

Edited by Samaritan

Oh sweet baby Jesus... I've been in trouble on these types of threads.

I'm just going to say no and leave it at that boys. Lord knows this is a topic I've argued against on several occasions and we all know what happened to me.

I'm just gonna say no.