Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 11:36
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Server wipe

Save poll  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Earlier today a small DayZ patch was released. There are no patch notes for it, so we are unsure what it changed, but this patch broke the servers somehow and caused them to constantly crash. Despite our best efforts to recover the servers by using older backups, it was not possible to fix the issue and the servers continued to crash. The only thing that we found to fix the issue was to start the server with empty database.

We have therefore been forced to fully wipe the servers. All characters, vehicles, walls, towers, stashes and tents have been deleted.

All item shop cooldowns have been reset to allow you to spawn back your outfits.

We are sorry for the inconvenience!

==== EDIT ====

It's possible the yesterdays crashes and issues might get fix with a new update later today, see DayZ tweet. We now have to decide, go back to the old save before wipe or continue with the new save. Vote now!

@Roland will this wipe be reversed at some point or is this our new reality?

2 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

@Roland will this wipe be reversed at some point or is this our new reality?

I wouldn't count on the issue to be fixed any time soon, so even though we still have the old backups with old data available, it won't be worth to restore to them by the time the fix is released (if ever). I would therefore suggest to accept this new reality and make the best of the clean slate start.

1 minute ago, Roland said:

I wouldn't count on the issue to be fixed any time soon, so even though we still have the old backups with old data available, it won't be worth to restore to them by the time the fix is released (if ever). I would therefore suggest to accept this new reality and make the best of the clean slate start.

Sweet, thanks Rolle ❤️.

Edited by APositiveElmo

Awww...that kinda sucks...

Seems fair enough, Time to get the guns and the cars. 

I'm getting Access violation error since the update an I've tried every tactic in the book lmao. Have fun boiz

I hope we get soon back to 80 player server. The new dank cars are pretty useless with this amount of Desync :think:

Gonna wait for ya'll to prepare the stashes so I can have an easy time gearing up 🙂

Hey, least I may bump into someone whilst looting finally 😄 

Might aswell get back all our stuff, at least I know where my stashes are 😉

Thread edited with poll

6 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

If you like me, please vote for old save.

I like you, have my vote Minister of Foreign Affairs.

So if we vote for new save we get old save, and old save we get new save?

There were a lot of abandoned bases and just randomly placed barriers all over the map.

Honestly I wouldn't mind playing further on the wiped map.

Lets have a fresh start, it can be even one more wipe too.. Now its much more better. Lots of people even inactive people holds much gear within them and prevent spawn them.
This works well . Lets keep it fresh and exciting

I like this fresh start. People are interacting and talking to each other. I've met new people now because no one knows who's in what group! I even met that Obama character. That was fun! 

fresh start for me too, even though im crying like a kid with no lollipop since i lost my first ever NVG's. Too many old abandoned bases and random bits of fence dotted around. It will also redistribute gear for a very short while.

If anything, the wipe proved that it gets people playing, with there being 90/90 and 20 people in queue (to roleplay, obviously. Definitely not for the GearRP™😉) not even a hour after it was announced. I'd rather continue on with this fresh start, as it has gotten people moving and sparked (even if brief) a resurgence in activity. 

Edited by Kenyi

New fresh start. Brings little more stability for a while when there is not 5 million wooden poles around

Vote for me and keep those Anarchists on the back burner 😄