Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 11:33
Sign in to follow this  
speirs

Problem with cars despawning

Basically im gonna say it as short as i can because im still in game, i found a car down just on the outskirts of cherno, fully working apart from radiator being damaged, i drove it up to yellow star (nadezhdino) where the radiator broke however we have a spare one locked up in one of the buildings so i run to go get it and i come back and the car has despawned.... this isnt the only time this has happened to me and my group, my friend james found a 4x4 just up the castle north east from us and it did the same thing it randomly despawned, as well as i had the same problem with a bmw which was black outside the police station in cherno, is it a server side issue or game issue? however something that is persistent is that all the cars had damaged or ruined radiators. 

getting kind of annoying now because we really need a car as we are doing up our village, carrying sandbags, mesh walls, plant pots, containers long distance walking is hard. our community is kind of a hostel for people passing through, we are a passive community and will help anyone passing through. however the issue with cars is really frustrating. 

Also has anybody else had this issue or is this just us?

Me & @Conor experienced the same thing twice yesterday.

Even if it is only a single part of the car being broken, it despawns. It is indeed quite annoying.

13 minutes ago, Ron said:

Me & @Conor experienced the same thing twice yesterday.

Even if it is only a single part of the car being broken, it despawns. It is indeed quite annoying.

Can confirm. Not sure about the time for the first car to despawn but the second car despawned in the time it took me to run like 250m and back to get water for a new radiator. Was less than 10 minutes.

yeah same just radiator was ruined so one part, everyhing was fully working and i run to get the spare one in the building we have it in which is no less than 100m away, then i go in get it, come back out and its despawned, exact same thing has happened with trucks and bmw's weve tried to have.

Hey Guys,

Seen the post so i taught i would tell you my experiences in fixing this issue.

Seams like if any ruined item is left on a car during restart it will delete the whole car, as it knows it is not complete. Your better off removing any ruined item. Its a dayz bug.

Also, when you park a car you are to park it on the same type/level of ground in neutral. i emphasise the neutral part. When the server resets the cars actually spawn in slightly above ground/ below ground. this causes the car to bounce. having the car in neutral helps stop this.

Hope this helps

It’s not just that tho dude, I can even turn around for a split second and they would de spawn - this is from personal experience 

if its a new car that the server has just spawned in then this is strange. If its been driven, anything could be damaged on it. this can cause the server to accidentally delete the whole car on a restart/ normal loot clean up. If its not viewed then the server could remove it if it had we say even a ruined door on it.

Just now, Sukahn said:

if its a new car that the server has just spawned in then this is strange. If its been driven, anything could be damaged on it. this can cause the server to accidentally delete the whole car on a restart/ normal loot clean up. If its not viewed then the server could remove it if it had we say even a ruined door on it.

Since you guys are saying it the server clear up happens when your more than 75m away from an item. so this leaving the ruined item on the car can cause it it delete the whole car during clean up

I've never had a car despawn on me personally, have pulled countless undamaged parts off them before and came back to it in the same spot a couple days later. I'm under the assumption that the server randomly goes through and will despawn cars that have had a damaged state at any point in time regardless of how close someone may be to it. Seems like a bit of a flawed system if you ask me <-<

In my experience its a line of sight based thing. if the car is damaged and you are not looking at it, it will despawn after a short while. I think the best bet is to remove the damaged parts from it but if the engine itself is damaged IE: the check engine light is on or the car is just plain smoking then you probably s.o.l