Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 06:52 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Bonzo

ERROR! We could not find DayZ on your Steam account! This could be due to a recent change to default privacy settings done by S

Help. Your community sounds awesome and I'd love to join. My profile is public, not sure why I'm getting this message. 

Have everything in steam on public

If you have made any changes to your settings on steam please revert everything to public.

j1mq5n0sil3f3rvn9qff.png?width=767&heigh

thank you for the quick response. New message is:

ERROR!

You have not played DayZ long enough.
We require that you have at least 10 hours played in DayZ on your Steam profile!

We could not find DayZ on your Steam account!

This could be due to a recent change to default privacy settings done by Steam - game list used to be public information, but now it is set by default to friends only.
You can change that by going to your Steam profile page, click 'Edit Profile' and on the right choose 'My Privacy Settings'. Make sure that all settings are set to 'Public'.

but on my profile it says i've played today and I have a lot of hours. Very sorry to bother you just anxious to get with you guys.

In order for you to play on the server you need at least 10 hours playtime, please come into the HD if you are still having trouble

3 minutes ago, Bonzo said:

I HAVE OVER 1500 HOURS

Go to Steam.

Go to your account settings, and the privacy section.

Take a screenshot of exactly what Scarlet linked you here.

Post it here, so we can see what the issue is.

You have to untick that box that says "always keep my total playtime private ever if users can see my game details", that's how we find out if you have the minimum 10 hours required.

4 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

You have to untick that box that says "always keep my total playtime private ever if users can see my game details", that's how we find out if you have the minimum 10 hours required.

What this man says is correct.

It can't find your playtime, therefor defaults to thinking you have zero hours.

Beans for OldSchool, my blind eyes didn't even see the checkbox in the image when I first looked.

Thank you, that worked. Lastly, I've read the rules 3 times and can't find an "out of place" word. This is harder than my mortgage application. 

The only advise I can give is read it out loud. Its in there, and you can not miss it. When you pass over it it'll be like a slap, you'll know what it is.

Also make sure you are actually logged in on your account.

Thanks for your patience through all of this. I figured it all out. Hope to be in game soon. Thanks again.